Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Qatar World Cup - Non Football Related Thread

Comments

• Options
    Anyone else missing the lack of plastic bar chair throwing at this tournament so far :-(

Not a proper tournament is it. 
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    Jints said:
    At this point I’m determined not to watch a single match but it’s going to be hard. 
    Ditto. One down. Lots to go. 

My problem is less with Qatar and more with FIFA.  
    I am finding very easy to do looking at the dross fixtures coming up, nothing worth considering watching football wise until at least the 26th .
  • Options
    • Right! TV goes on at 1pm, no sound and goes off again the the end of the game.  Might get my dog to do the commentary at least I can trust him.
  • Options
    Anyone else missing the lack of plastic bar chair throwing at this tournament so far :-(

To be fair, it's not easy to pick up and throw chairs with no legs!

• Options
    Get the rainbow laces out. Rainbow tie for Southgate. T-shirts under your match shirt. 
  • Options
    Maybe our change strip should have been a rainbow one?
  • Options
    Alex Scott has worn the armband.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If she was that bothered, she wouldn't be out there.
    🥱
  • Options
    VAR 🤣🤣🤣
  • Options
    means nothing but lip service. 

Kane not wearing it means that the FA are weak and bottled it when it matters. 
    I couldn't agree more.
  • Options
    Gribbo said:

Qatar on the mooch, looking for Ecuador yesterday

brilliant @gribbo
  • Options
    Gribbo said:

Qatar on the mooch, looking for Ecuador yesterday

brilliant @gribbo
    Nicked it off a mate on Facebook to be fair mate, but I thought it was funny
  • Options
    armbands etc are great but time for this was 6 years ago - not now it doesn't mean anything. 

the likes of scott and linekar who are so outraged yet have gone out there and are being paid handsomely to do so. 

i have never been to the middle east as i would think it be extremely hypocritical 
  • Options
    With Richards and Ferdinand, there's anotner 2 unnecessary return flights and, potentially, 30 (x 2) odd nights in a hotel to add.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Why do ITV have footage of Ian Wright scoring for England in their adverts for the World Cup?

He never made a squad for any world cup or euro tournament
  • Options
    Gribbo said:
    Lineker, referencing a giant model of the World Cup trophy in the middle of the pitch - "Probably made out of real gold out here".

You're out there earning a pound note off it Gal, so just get on with what you're there to do you f***ing hypocrite.

Still can't work out why the BBC / ITV feel the need to actually have all these presenters and pundits on location. Can't they do exactly the same job from a studio in Manchester?
    To be fair they probably need some Reporters out there to cover the England / Welsh camps etc.

But yeah they dont need to be in there, they showed that with Euro 2020 - Then these are the types who'll be the first to lecture us, that climate change is baaad
    I'll preempt that and tell you myself that climate change is bad.

• Options
    Gribbo said:
    Lineker, referencing a giant model of the World Cup trophy in the middle of the pitch - "Probably made out of real gold out here".

You're out there earning a pound note off it Gal, so just get on with what you're there to do you f***ing hypocrite.

Still can't work out why the BBC / ITV feel the need to actually have all these presenters and pundits on location. Can't they do exactly the same job from a studio in Manchester?
    To be fair they probably need some Reporters out there to cover the England / Welsh camps etc.

But yeah they dont need to be in there, they showed that with Euro 2020 - Then these are the types who'll be the first to lecture us, that climate change is baaad
    I'll preempt that and tell you myself that climate change is bad.

You're not being a hypocrite though and flying out somewhere for two weeks, to do a job that you could easily be doing from somewhere in England
  • Options
    "Not all of Iran’s players have spoken out against the violence. But those who have, including the star striker Sardar Azmoun, do so in the knowledge that sporting sanctions are the least of their worries. And really the true measure of activism is in what you are prepared to give up. Muhammad Ali protested against the Vietnam war even though he knew he would be arrested, stripped of his world titles, robbed of his prime years. Iran’s players have risked unemployment, humiliation, imprisonment, threats against their families from a depraved autocratic regime. England have shown that they are not even prepared to risk a yellow card."
    I won't derail this thread too much but Muhammad Ali's protest of the Vietnam War is one of the most important and overlooked acts of protest in this country in the 20th Century. 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Why do ITV have footage of Ian Wright scoring for England in their adverts for the World Cup?

More to the point why is one of the goals scored by a woman? This isn’t the Women’s World Cup.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

More to the point why is one of the goals scored by a woman? This isn’t the Women’s World Cup.
    Inclusion innit
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Inclusion innit
    But it isn’t is it? No goal by a disabled England player, male or female, for example. I’m all for inclusion but this is PC gone mad.