Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Qatar World Cup - Non Football Related Thread

Comments

• Options
    rainbow items are used as symbols of LGBTQ+ people we all know that, qatar and many of the middle east it is illegal to be homosexual. so its not just because its a rainbow its someone wearing to be provocative and cause a stir, whether that's right or wrong that's the laws of the country and has been for many years. 

so the welsh fan wearing said bucket hat has paid to travel to qatar, paid ticket money to go to a stadium in qatar, bought food and drink in qatar. 

as i said earlier i have 0 interest in visiting the place as i dont agree with there laws and practices and think they are backwards. i dont agree with the burkha in england as we arent a sharia country - but then im labelled racist?. 
    I find it funny the mental gymnastics people manage to throw to make sure they oppose any protests, regardless of what it is or what it is for. 

Bucket hats are now 'provocative' and deserving of bans. 
    no your doing some mental gymnastics there as i clearly said RAINBOW bucket hat and the person wearing it was deliberately wearing it to get a reaction. 

i dont oppose protests at all unless its some cnut blocking the m25 - but playing look how bad qatar is its a sharia state country where its quite clearly illegal to promote or be homosexual - wearing a rainbow that is synonymous with the LGBTQ+ community is going to cause offence/issues to the natives of qatar who likely believe in these views, the authorities will also act. 
    Did FIFA say fans couldn’t wear clothes with rainbow patterns on then?
    really not worth the time to explain for the 5th time - enjoy your day 
    That’s a no then. FIFA has never explicitly banned any rainbow clothing for this World Cup. In fact, the Qatar organising committee for this World Cup said in June:

‘Everyone will be welcome to Qatar in 2022, regardless of their race, background, religion, gender, sexual orientation or nationality.’

And FIFA said:

‘Based on our engagement with the relevant Qatari authorities, and following existing government guarantees, and the event-specific legislation, as well as our experience of hosting other events in Qatar, Fifa is confident that persons identifying as LGBTIQ+ will not face any repercussions…’
    identifying - not wearing LGBTQ+ associated clothing, in fairness a few people have been told they cant wear it on the box haven't been slung in prison
    Clutching at straws there. 
    your deliberately acting thick so not clutching at anything, got until the 18th december to voice daily how outraged you are - enjoy the wc 
  • Options
    Give it a rest FFS
  • Options
    rainbow items are used as symbols of LGBTQ+ people we all know that, qatar and many of the middle east it is illegal to be homosexual. so its not just because its a rainbow its someone wearing to be provocative and cause a stir, whether that's right or wrong that's the laws of the country and has been for many years. 

so the welsh fan wearing said bucket hat has paid to travel to qatar, paid ticket money to go to a stadium in qatar, bought food and drink in qatar. 

as i said earlier i have 0 interest in visiting the place as i dont agree with there laws and practices and think they are backwards. i dont agree with the burkha in england as we arent a sharia country - but then im labelled racist?. 
    I find it funny the mental gymnastics people manage to throw to make sure they oppose any protests, regardless of what it is or what it is for. 

no your doing some mental gymnastics there as i clearly said RAINBOW bucket hat and the person wearing it was deliberately wearing it to get a reaction. 

i dont oppose protests at all unless its some cnut blocking the m25 - but playing look how bad qatar is its a sharia state country where its quite clearly illegal to promote or be homosexual - wearing a rainbow that is synonymous with the LGBTQ+ community is going to cause offence/issues to the natives of qatar who likely believe in these views, the authorities will also act. 
    That’s a no then. FIFA has never explicitly banned any rainbow clothing for this World Cup. In fact, the Qatar organising committee for this World Cup said in June:

‘Everyone will be welcome to Qatar in 2022, regardless of their race, background, religion, gender, sexual orientation or nationality.’

And FIFA said:

‘Based on our engagement with the relevant Qatari authorities, and following existing government guarantees, and the event-specific legislation, as well as our experience of hosting other events in Qatar, Fifa is confident that persons identifying as LGBTIQ+ will not face any repercussions…’
    identifying - not wearing LGBTQ+ associated clothing, in fairness a few people have been told they cant wear it on the box haven't been slung in prison
    your deliberately acting thick so not clutching at anything, got until the 18th december to voice daily how outraged you are - enjoy the wc 
    You’re saying that identifying as LGBTQ+ has to stop at the clothes you wear. That’s clutching at straws and it’s a ridiculous statement. At least I’m only pretending to be thick. 
    well I'm not am I dullard

I'm stating that in Qatar ( for the 6th time ) promoting a rainbow type design that is synonymous with the LGBT community is going to cause problems. 
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    Genuinely just asking - is it still the case that when western women go on holiday to some Middle Eastern countries, they're required to cover shoulders and even their hair / heads, so as not to offend the locals?

If that is still the case, do women go there snd deliberately flout the local "rules", or is it largely accepted?

Be interested to know how strict it is and how it's policed 

• Options

And FIFA said:

You’re saying that identifying as LGBTQ+ has to stop at the clothes you wear. That’s clutching at straws and it’s a ridiculous statement. At least I’m only pretending to be thick. 
    well I'm not am I dullard

I'm stating that in Qatar ( for the 6th time ) promoting a rainbow type design that is synonymous with the LGBT community is going to cause problems. 
    Even though…Qatar and FIFA said, before the tournament, that it’s fine. 
  • Options
    Be a punk, just don’t dress like one please. It’s as ridiculous as that. 
  • Options
    It's not, it's as ridiculous as a punk going to a black tie do dressed as a punk.

Not say ing I agree with it, but that's just how it is in Qatar and emphasises the fur lined, ocean going, fark up, FIFA made awarding the WC to them in the first place. And how the rest of the sat back for over 10 years and said and done nothing.

• Options
    Gribbo said:
    It's not, it's as ridiculous as a punk going to a black tie do dressed as a punk.

Not say ing I agree with it, but that's just how it is in Qatar and emphasises the fur lined, ocean going, fark up, FIFA made awarding the WC to them in the first place. And how the rest of the sat back for over 10 years and said and done nothing.

Only if the black tie do had put a statement out saying punks were welcome. Again, FIFA and Qatar said the LGBTQ+ community was welcome. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Gribbo said:

Only if the black tie do had put a statement out saying punks were welcome. Again, FIFA and Qatar said the LGBTQ+ community was welcome. 
    Again, it emphasises what a nause up it all is. And what a waste of time FIFA are.
  • Options
    Gribbo said:
    Gribbo said:

Again, it emphasises what a nause up it all is. And what a waste of time FIFA are.
    agreed 
  • Options
    I and the people I'm with will always respect the protocols of where we go.
    If you don't want to respect their protocols then don't go.
    If you want to go and deliberately flout their protocols then you will have to deal with whatever action they take.
  • Options
    If you want to go and deliberately flout their protocols then you will have to deal with whatever action they take.

Unless it's ripping seats out at Selhurst Park
  • Options
    Gribbo said:

I thought that was the protocol.
  • Options
    Gribbo said:

Don’t forget the plumbing mate 😩.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    Gribbo said:

The absolute state of those toilets!
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    RedChaser said:
    Gribbo said:

The absolute state of those toilets!
    The whole ground is one big Khazi Bob 😉
  • Options
    https://www.theguardian.com/football/2022/nov/22/fifa-qatar-talks-wales-rainbow-hats-confiscated-world-cup

‘…Fifa reminded their hosts of their assurances before the tournament that everyone was welcome and rainbow flags would be allowed.’
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think Gary Neville suggested that Southgate wore the armband. Would it matter if he got booked? Or Steve Holland? 
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    I think Gary Neville suggested that Southgate wore the armband. Would it matter if he got booked? Or Steve Holland? 

They should all wear it.  We care passionately about rights but wont risk a yellow card?  Players get booked for taking shirts off celebrating goals but won't risk a card or sanctions for making a huge political point on the biggest world stage possible?

Either go all in or don't pay it mere lip service.  It's pretentious.  Who gives a toss if Harry Kane wears rainbow laces v Aston Villa next year now. It's meaningless and vapid.  

Fig.1 A former player with a backbone

See the source image

• Options
    edited November 2022
    Oops wrong thread 🤓
  • Options
    Surely one player is going to show a backbone at some stage and wear the arm band?