Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

POST-MATCH THREAD: PORT VALE V CHARLTON ATHLETIC / SATURDAY 19th NOVEMBER 2022 3.00pm KO

Comments

• Options
    cabbles said:
    Re: investment in Jan, it’ll be take whatever someone offers for Leaburn and a couple of loans 
    100%. Hoping Leaburn is still injured so we have a chance of seeing him second-half of the season.
    Come on, we all know that Leaburn will return from injury on 28th Jan, tear Bolton new one and by the time we visit Exeter the following Saturday we'll all be saying, "It's project break-even, inevitable, but why couldnt we sell Stockley instead? "

Vale fans view of Garner is quite funny, but true....

https://www.onevalefan.co.uk/2022/11/league-one-manager-in-danger-of-the-sack-moans-about-port-vale-again/
    You can see why he has a reputation for moaning.
    I have to agree with Ben on one point though..

"They just set out to stop you playing. There’s no ambition for them to go and attack and take the game to you. They’re at home today and their whole ambition was to sit and stop us. Make it a dull game and try and nick it 1-0, which they did"...
    They got beaten by 4 last time out though. Should it have come as a surprise to Garner, who I like btw, that they were set up not to lose. Absolutely not, so adapt to deal with it.

These whole weeks they have to train in are no good for them. They seem to be counter productive. It's a bit like the booing of players that @oohaahmortimer bangs on about. It seems intuitively wrong, but perhaps a lack of intensive training, like the booing, might improve them.😎
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    Well, that performance is going to last long in the memory but for all the wrong reasons.
    Without question, one of the half dozen or so most pathetic team performances I have ever seen in my 65 years of support.
    A shit show from start to finish…..so bad it’s actually filled me with a genuine dose of mild depression. ☹️
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    swordfish said:
    cabbles said:
    Re: investment in Jan, it’ll be take whatever someone offers for Leaburn and a couple of loans 
    100%. Hoping Leaburn is still injured so we have a chance of seeing him second-half of the season.
    Come on, we all know that Leaburn will return from injury on 28th Jan, tear Bolton new one and by the time we visit Exeter the following Saturday we'll all be saying, "It's project break-even, inevitable, but why couldnt we sell Stockley instead? "

https://www.onevalefan.co.uk/2022/11/league-one-manager-in-danger-of-the-sack-moans-about-port-vale-again/

"They just set out to stop you playing. There’s no ambition for them to go and attack and take the game to you. They’re at home today and their whole ambition was to sit and stop us. Make it a dull game and try and nick it 1-0, which they did"...
    They got beaten by 4 last time out though. Should it have come as a surprise to Garner, who I like btw, that they were set up not to lose. Absolutely not, so adapt to deal with it.

These whole weeks they have to train in are no good for them. They seem to be counter productive. It's a bit like the booing of players that @oohaahmortimer bangs on about. It seems intuitively wrong, but perhaps a lack of intensive training, like the booing, might improve them.😎
    They were at home, and yes they got beat 4 last time out, and yes we needed to adapt which we were unable to do, so I agree with your points well made, I was just stating facts, that they did park a bloody great big white bus and hit us on the break, which you could sort of accept away, but not at home...so Ben who I also like btw, was correct in his statement, that's all I was saying..😎
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    bobmunro said:
    I went yesterday - dreadful - like their ground though 

What on earth was going on outside the ground afterwards, Police everywhere, and scuffling with fans (mainly Charlton ones from what I can make out) ???
    What was the agg all about , was it Charlton fan’s anger after that crap that  Glad all fucking over was being played , over zealous old bill, local northern Herbert’s on the wind up … all of the above 

What I saw as I left the ground was pissed off Charlton fans rather than pissed up - the police were very heavy handed (and there were lots of them) - almost like they were hoping for aggro.

My missus was two miles away in the car waiting for me and my eldest and our anger had just about gone by the time we had walked that two miles. Didn't see any trouble at all as we walked away.
    At times its like our lot go to a different game.
    The old bill were quite pleasant outside when we left on 84minutes.
    Wished us on our way , pointed us in the direction we might be able to pick a cab up aswell.
    Luckily enough cab there and was able to get the 17.13 back to London.

We left about 15 minutes later as the players went off.

I has no issue with the police, smiles and pleasantries exchanged - but an old fart like me doesn't exactly present them with a challenge! There just seemed to be a lot of them, but I believe PV games are routinely fairly heavily policed.
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    shirty5 said:
    Are we any better off than this time 12 months ago? League position is exactly the same now as it was then as is the points total (Plus one extra this season) 

I’ve lost track on how many comments Garner has made re budgets, recruitment etc. It won’t make the blindest bit of difference. You have had the wool
    pulled over your eyes like the rest of us, so it’s either case of jacking it in or trying to make the best of what you have available to you. 

Maybe he did Jackson a favour, the owner 
    Lets get Gunter, Matthews and Gilbey back!

Jackson is currently in a midtable League Two side with the likes of Gunter and Davison. 

We played pub football last season, no thank you to round two of that stuff. 
    Aren't we just 1 point better off than we were at this point last season? Garner has given us only a handful of good performances, the rest have been awful - exactly the same as Jackson.

Both pretty limited managers in my opinion.
    Jackson had a bigger squad budget. 

And more of 'his' signings. 
    Jackson hadn't signed anyone at this point of the season. He'd only recovered from Adkins' dreadful start. I'm not saying Jackson was a good manager for us, but I don't understand how so many can be so taken in by Garner and 'Garnerball' when the reality is shit performances and crap results.
  • Options
    Not much to add really. Was like watching 2 heavily hungover Sunday league teams.

Garner is getting a little bit into the Adkins/ Jackson territory.... Is he completely to blame for the league struggles? No. Like the previous 2 managers/ coaches before him his hands are tied with budget and transfer dealings and our pathetically bad "medical" department is continuing it's great form of being a bit shit, But, like Nige and Jacko in their rough patches he's not offering much of a solution either.

Garnerball is great when it works, but for it to work we need a very specific fit starting 11 and subs. We don't have it. So, Innnis Lavelle and Dobson pass to each other 12 times before, more often than not launching the ball towards Stockley or sometimes to CBT/JRS to run down the wing and get doubled up on.

Passing out from the back tika taka is great when you're Spain and have footballing intelligence to find and move into space dragging the oppo around to create openings. Not so great when you've got Sam Lavelle at centre back and league one teams happy to sit in their own half and get a point(s) against big club Charlton.
  • Options
    all has been said, a big away following was 'treated' to an excuse of a football game from two poor teams of which we were the inferior .. yes we had (as usual) to contend with a lot of injuries, but that is little excuse .. this lot are taking money under false pretences, we are neither fit nor disciplined enough, the selections are all too often wrong (e.g. why does Payne so rarely get a start ? ) .. I could go on and on and ...... we all know the song
    that is my lot for this year, I have hotels and travel booked for a few games in the new year, however I might save the ticket money and go shopping or sightseeing instead
  • Options
    Metaphor for life. Was there with a non football savvy mate who observed the we passed it sideways without doing much with it. And yes so true. Stockley! Why?……We all saw the goal coming with every defender the goal scorer went past which made it all the more painful. Chuks makes a difference as does jes. It’s the lack of an overall attacking threat which did us in. Some people do need some anger management classes though….just saying.
  • Options
    swordfish said:
    cabbles said:

They didn’t get booo’d till the game was over , too late … this shower of shit need grief to get some fire in their bellies 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Our away record this season is atrocious for a club of our size in this division.  1 win, 5 draws and 4 losses is nowhere near good enough, and show our softness and inability to grind out results.

Weirdly last Swindon had the best away form in the whole division, and it was their home form which let them down.
  • Options
    I think we need to switch back to 433. I like Stockley, lets face it, hes our best defender, but with him in the team the pace of our attacks are all wrong.  Add Morgan or (whisper it quietly in case Thomas is listening) JFC to the midfield and get the ball forward more quickly to attacking players with pace.  CBT, Campbell, JRS even kirk would benefit from quick decisive balls through to feet or into space to run onto. Both Morgan and JFC are more direct than either Fraser or Morgan.  We will concede possession but carry more threat imo.  When Chuks comes on you can see he'd rather have ball into feet so he can use his strength to turn his man or the ball behind than lumped up at him.  He should have scored yesterday when he was played in on the edge of the box but he put it over the bar.
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    Croydon said:
    Croydon said:
    shirty5 said:
    Are we any better off than this time 12 months ago? League position is exactly the same now as it was then as is the points total (Plus one extra this season) 

I’ve lost track on how many comments Garner has made re budgets, recruitment etc. It won’t make the blindest bit of difference. You have had the wool
    pulled over your eyes like the rest of us, so it’s either case of jacking it in or trying to make the best of what you have available to you. 

Maybe he did Jackson a favour, the owner 
    Lets get Gunter, Matthews and Gilbey back!

Jackson is currently in a midtable League Two side with the likes of Gunter and Davison. 

We played pub football last season, no thank you to round two of that stuff. 
    Aren't we just 1 point better off than we were at this point last season? Garner has given us only a handful of good performances, the rest have been awful - exactly the same as Jackson.

Both pretty limited managers in my opinion.
    Jackson had a bigger squad budget. 

And more of 'his' signings. 
    Jackson hadn't signed anyone at this point of the season. He'd only recovered from Adkins' dreadful start. I'm not saying Jackson was a good manager for us, but I don't understand how so many can be so taken in by Garner and 'Garnerball' when the reality is shit performances and crap results.
    Because I remember the pub football we played under at the end of last season. It was dire. At least we are capable of passing this season, which is an improvement. 

I also remember the excuses wheeled out when Jackson had no striker and went a month after January without a single point. 
  • Options
    So as a passionate Charlton Fan of 50 years 
    I was in the away stand with my Son also a passionate Charlton fan and when we were so frustrated with what was going on in front of us
    like so many other Charlton Fans around us,
    Just like Ben Garner I made my point about it’s time our owner invested properly in our Club.
    etc etc 
    all of a Sudden this WOKE  WANKER in his late 30s with a permed beard stood in front of us said “ he has he paid £400K for our striker “
    and basically made a total prick of himself by saying what an incredible and generous owner we have 🤣🤣🤣🤣…..deluded  Muppet!!

Ben Garner after the Game and in todays 
    Football League Paper is 100% correct.
    it’s time to invest if you want a chance of competing to eventually get promotion FACT.
  • Options
    Not much to add really. Was like watching 2 heavily hungover Sunday league teams.

Garner is getting a little bit into the Adkins/ Jackson territory.... Is he completely to blame for the league struggles? No. Like the previous 2 managers/ coaches before him his hands are tied with budget and transfer dealings and our pathetically bad "medical" department is continuing it's great form of being a bit shit, But, like Nige and Jacko in their rough patches he's not offering much of a solution either.

Garnerball is great when it works, but for it to work we need a very specific fit starting 11 and subs. We don't have it. So, Innnis Lavelle and Dobson pass to each other 12 times before, more often than not launching the ball towards Stockley or sometimes to CBT/JRS to run down the wing and get doubled up on.

Passing out from the back tika taka is great when you're Spain and have footballing intelligence to find and move into space dragging the oppo around to create openings. Not so great when you've got Sam Lavelle at centre back and league one teams happy to sit in their own half and get a point(s) against big club Charlton.
    3 points
  • Options
    We haven’t got the players to fanny around at the back and then slip it to Fraser, Morgan or Kirk who then fanny around on the middle and then pass it back to them 
    it’s nonsense - in the away games in particular he has to be more direct like a 3rd division team - oh wait - - we might as well play 2 strikers and supporting wing backs and just keep hoofing it up to them missing out the midfield 
  • Options
    I can’t really be bothered to post much about this game but a few things:

Garner is talking nonsense about Port Vale’s ‘anti-football.’ They defended well and sat behind the ball, quite happy to let Innis and Lavelle knock it between them before Fraser or Dobson inevitably lost possession.

Their goal was poor defending from us. Ball over the top that we let bounce, Butterworth, the best player on the pitch (nothing wrong with the pitch by the way), slides past three Charlton players before finishing. Predictable.

Stockley has taken some criticism on here but he was isolated all game. Even Chuks didn’t do anything until Payne and JFC were on.  All three of them should start (I know Chuks won’t). Why not take Kirk off for Chuks and give Stockley and Aneke some time together?

Lost count the amount of times Sessegnon was left on his own and ended up 3-on-1 out wide with no support or overlap. 

• Options
    Sandgard is rubbish; Garner and coaching staff are rubbish; team is rubbish.

We fans deserve much better than this and many of us will stop going to games if the ownership does not invest in a squad that is worth the badge.

The whole set up stinks and this club is in a long permanent decline because of bad ownership.

The club is worth nothing in cash terms because Sandgard has not invested enough, so he should get out and let someone else come in who can actually run a club.

Yesterday’s game was as bad as a team of ours has played in recent years.

Port Vale???? FFS they made us look total shite.

My patience at supporting this club is being sorely tested.
  • Options
    1968CAFC said:
    So as a passionate Charlton Fan of 50 years 
    I was in the away stand with my Son also a passionate Charlton fan and when we were so frustrated with what was going on in front of us
    like so many other Charlton Fans around us,
    Just like Ben Garner I made my point about it’s time our owner invested properly in our Club.
    etc etc 
    all of a Sudden this WOKE  WANKER in his late 30s with a permed beard stood in front of us said “ he has he paid £400K for our striker “
    and basically made a total prick of himself by saying what an incredible and generous owner we have 🤣🤣🤣🤣…..deluded  Muppet!!

Ben Garner after the Game and in todays 
    Football League Paper is 100% correct.
    it’s time to invest if you want a chance of competing to eventually get promotion FACT.
    Sandgard needs to go - any money he has put in has been wasted.

Time for a new broom because this clown is taking us down to L2. Maybe not this season, but that is where we will end up.

We fans can only vote with our feet [and wallets] or we can protest like we did under Roland.

We need a SO movement [Sandgard OUT] and we need it now.

Garner is not up to the job either - he is totally unproven even at L2 level.

2 bob owner results in a 2 bob club and it really upsets me to be so critical of a club I have supported for 40 years.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2022
    Interesting thread to read through. I’ve not posted on football matters for a bit. My own tuppence worth on the various issues that are floating around are as follows and (to be topical) in no particular order:

1.  Ben has clearly been taken for a ride by TS. He is repeating what has been obvious to us all for some time.

2.  Whether he is wise to be saying so at such length and with such vitriol is questionable and depends on his motive. If he is trying to nudge the owner towards a spending spree he is a poor reader of the room. If he is preparing the ground for his own exit he’s doing a grand job although sullying his reputation a little in trying to preserve it (i.e. coming across as a whining little shit). Either way if I was a player at the moment I’d be rocking up to training tomorrow with a bit of a chip on my shoulder. 

3. McGrandles was clearly signed when it was believed that JFC and Dobson would be leaving alongside Gilbey. It is beyond belief that the first two are still here until we realise that beyond  these walls JFC is probably regarded as a risky crock and we see a lot in Dobbo that I suspect outsiders don’t (in plain language I believe that we overrate him as he has been a standout in a team of duffers). All of that said, unlike some of our signings McShambles came with a pedigree (I had actually heard of him!) but he has disappointed massively. 

4.  Are we better off than last season despite the league tabe suggesting otherwise?  Yes and no. Despite being a legend and a good guy, I sadly doubt that Jacko has a sterling managerial career before him. Just don’t think he’s cut out for it. When we have our first choice 11 on the field we are easier on the eye than last year. Garnerball has had its moments although whether it’s a system that deserves it’s own name is pretty debatable. He’s not the messiah folks. We’re seeing pretty much what Swindon fans warned us we would get. I’m not convinced by him but I’m reserving judgement until (even though it looking increasingly unlikely) he gets a fairer crack of the whip from the owner.  As for the squad, I detested last year’s group. We pretty much got the night of the long knives that we wanted and this year’s intake seem on the whole like a better bunch of guys. But as someone said, the litmus test is assembling a squad that could cut it in the league above and I do not see a single one that could unquestionably meet that standard next season. There are a few that might but they are loanees (JRS and Sess). The rest (and I’m afraid I’m including gorgeous George and Fraser in this) are, at best, middle ranking league 1 players which, funnily enough, is where we find ourselves. Only TS, MS and Gallen can answer for why we have a squad with such glaring deficiencies. We have two senior centre forwards who are both crocks, (albeit using two very different definitions of “crock” respectively), a glaring hole at left back, a reliance on flatter to deceive merchants like Kirk and CBT and two senior goalies who appear to both lack something. 

5. What is it with us and injuries?  There’s bad luck and then there’s the volume and frequency that we seem to get season after season. Are we cursed? (don’t believe in that shite myself). Are our training methods/pitch/medical staff questionable? (Too many professionals would need to be doing something wrong for that to hold much water). Do we consistently find ourselves in a market where we are buying on the cheap players who are cheap for a reason?  Yep. Probably that one gov. 

6.  We are already in nowhere land this season and it’s only November. I doubt we’ll be relegated (there really is some shite in this league although we seem incapable of beating it!) and the play offs will be out of reach if we get another couple of inevitable injuries and/or we get an owner//manager meltdown. For those hoping for a January spending spree I can only say that Santa doesn’t exist (sorry children!). 

7. A number of lifelong fans are making “that’s it for me” noises on social media.  A bit too “drama-queen” for me. You never give up on your club for real.  But apathy is a bigger menace than anger and we are in danger of becoming gradually worn down. There isn’t the outraged anger against Sandgaard that there was against Duchatelet. I think we all believe that Tommy boy will be gone soon and he just isn’t that detestable. But year after year of league 1 mediocrity and the gradual demolition of the fabric of our club is taking its toll. Add to that the marketing strategy that only this week has seen the twin highlights of a “buy seven get none free” campaign and a Black Friday sale of our kit manufacturer’s stuff that features absolutely nothing of relevance to Charlton (and still at bonkers prices). You can’t make this stuff up you really can’t. 

There. I’ve got that lot off my mind. COYR. 
    Sandgard and Garner need to go.

We need a SANDGARD OUT movement.

• Options
    Metaphor for life. Was there with a non football savvy mate who observed the we passed it sideways without doing much with it. And yes so true. Stockley! Why?……We all saw the goal coming with every defender the goal scorer went past which made it all the more painful. Chuks makes a difference as does jes. It’s the lack of an overall attacking threat which did us in. Some people do need some anger management classes though….just saying.
    I’m not happy; maybe even a little angry.

I suppose we can all sit back and say ‘oh well, it’s a shame…” and hope the current regime might turn it around. Our club is going down the toilet and some of our fans will get angry.

The alternative is to not bother at all and maybe that is what will happen in the future.

Maybe we do not deserve any better ?
  • Options
    BigDiddy said:
    Interesting thread to read through. I’ve not posted on football matters for a bit. My own tuppence worth on the various issues that are floating around are as follows and (to be topical) in no particular order:

1.  Ben has clearly been taken for a ride by TS. He is repeating what has been obvious to us all for some time.

2.  Whether he is wise to be saying so at such length and with such vitriol is questionable and depends on his motive. If he is trying to nudge the owner towards a spending spree he is a poor reader of the room. If he is preparing the ground for his own exit he’s doing a grand job although sullying his reputation a little in trying to preserve it (i.e. coming across as a whining little shit). Either way if I was a player at the moment I’d be rocking up to training tomorrow with a bit of a chip on my shoulder. 

3. McGrandles was clearly signed when it was believed that JFC and Dobson would be leaving alongside Gilbey. It is beyond belief that the first two are still here until we realise that beyond  these walls JFC is probably regarded as a risky crock and we see a lot in Dobbo that I suspect outsiders don’t (in plain language I believe that we overrate him as he has been a standout in a team of duffers). All of that said, unlike some of our signings McShambles came with a pedigree (I had actually heard of him!) but he has disappointed massively. 

4.  Are we better off than last season despite the league tabe suggesting otherwise?  Yes and no. Despite being a legend and a good guy, I sadly doubt that Jacko has a sterling managerial career before him. Just don’t think he’s cut out for it. When we have our first choice 11 on the field we are easier on the eye than last year. Garnerball has had its moments although whether it’s a system that deserves it’s own name is pretty debatable. He’s not the messiah folks. We’re seeing pretty much what Swindon fans warned us we would get. I’m not convinced by him but I’m reserving judgement until (even though it looking increasingly unlikely) he gets a fairer crack of the whip from the owner.  As for the squad, I detested last year’s group. We pretty much got the night of the long knives that we wanted and this year’s intake seem on the whole like a better bunch of guys. But as someone said, the litmus test is assembling a squad that could cut it in the league above and I do not see a single one that could unquestionably meet that standard next season. There are a few that might but they are loanees (JRS and Sess). The rest (and I’m afraid I’m including gorgeous George and Fraser in this) are, at best, middle ranking league 1 players which, funnily enough, is where we find ourselves. Only TS, MS and Gallen can answer for why we have a squad with such glaring deficiencies. We have two senior centre forwards who are both crocks, (albeit using two very different definitions of “crock” respectively), a glaring hole at left back, a reliance on flatter to deceive merchants like Kirk and CBT and two senior goalies who appear to both lack something. 

5. What is it with us and injuries?  There’s bad luck and then there’s the volume and frequency that we seem to get season after season. Are we cursed? (don’t believe in that shite myself). Are our training methods/pitch/medical staff questionable? (Too many professionals would need to be doing something wrong for that to hold much water). Do we consistently find ourselves in a market where we are buying on the cheap players who are cheap for a reason?  Yep. Probably that one gov. 

6.  We are already in nowhere land this season and it’s only November. I doubt we’ll be relegated (there really is some shite in this league although we seem incapable of beating it!) and the play offs will be out of reach if we get another couple of inevitable injuries and/or we get an owner//manager meltdown. For those hoping for a January spending spree I can only say that Santa doesn’t exist (sorry children!). 

7. A number of lifelong fans are making “that’s it for me” noises on social media.  A bit too “drama-queen” for me. You never give up on your club for real.  But apathy is a bigger menace than anger and we are in danger of becoming gradually worn down. There isn’t the outraged anger against Sandgaard that there was against Duchatelet. I think we all believe that Tommy boy will be gone soon and he just isn’t that detestable. But year after year of league 1 mediocrity and the gradual demolition of the fabric of our club is taking its toll. Add to that the marketing strategy that only this week has seen the twin highlights of a “buy seven get none free” campaign and a Black Friday sale of our kit manufacturer’s stuff that features absolutely nothing of relevance to Charlton (and still at bonkers prices). You can’t make this stuff up you really can’t. 

There. I’ve got that lot off my mind. COYR. 
    Sandgard and Garner need to go.

We need a SANDGARD OUT movement.

Any idea who would want to buy us?
  • Options
    That was dreadful. What is Garnerball exactly? Pass it around the back before losing it in midfield?

He can’t even get a 4-4-2 right. 
    Pretty sad the the players can’t get 442 right. 
  • Options
    Rob said:
    For those of you who can’t see that Garner is a big part of the problem you need to open your eyes. That has been the one constant of this season. His style of play. Boring with no flair. Continuing the same way even though it’s not working (look at Stockley. awful player). Slow to make changes during a game. Shaky, shaky defense. Capitulations when we have the initiative (actually, us having the initiative has been rare). Continuing to play players out of position. Sticking with Stockley as captain even though he’s useless, 
    Brownie nailed it yesterday. We dominate the possession stats and yet have one attempt on goal during the game. 
    I know that Sandgaard probably hasn’t flashed the cash but Garner’s continual negativity has been the main problem with our performances. And it will continue. Meanwhile he’ll continue to deflect the blame onto the owner saying he hasn’t been supported properly. I’m no Sandgaard fan as I think he has let us down after all of his blustering over the past couple of years but in my opinion Garner is a big part of the problem. 
    What was it Einstein said about the definition of insanity? Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Looks about right to me.
    How could this squad be instructed differently? I'm all ears 
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    1968CAFC said:
    …….,……,Just like Ben Garner I made my point about it’s time our owner invested properly in our Club etc etc, all of a Sudden this WOKE  WANKER in his late 30s with a permed beard stood in front of us said “ he has he paid £400K for our striker “…….
    I didn’t know Colin had a beard 😉
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    That was dreadful. What is Garnerball exactly? Pass it around the back before losing it in midfield?

JamesSeed said:

Why?  When exactly would you expect a 20 something professional footballer to have played 442?  
  • Options
    No-one with any sense would want to buy us while RD holds all the cards with the SL and The Valley ownership, nothing will change fundamentally all the time he holds on for an unrealistic price, he must be loving watching us squirm and bow to his demands.
    It is Sandgaard who is the latest patsy in charge, and unable to get financial backing needed purely because of this state we find ourselves in, so to say who would want to buy us, that is the question with no real answer at the moment.