Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pre, Match & Post (p14) Thread| Plymouth Argyle vs Charlton Athletic (PJ2R)| Tues 22 November 2022

Comments

• Options
    Kanu could do with a strike partner.
  • Options
    Good movement up the right from Asiimwe, but his ball into the box can't reach Kanu before it's cleared.
  • Options
    We have a team full of kids tonight.

To those of you who know far more about our youth than me what has happened to a player called Adigun. Him and Anderson always looked the real business to me when I saw them play.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Kanu could do with a strike partner.
    Bring on Stockley, oh no, sorry, we need to score 🤣
  • Options
    Henry has really been useless today.

(Now go and score lad)
  • Options
    Nice bit of harrying by Payne and Campbell on the LH corner of their box.
  • Options
    Nope another poor pass...
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    Good evening my fellow masochists!
    I say, ding dong !

• Options
    Well this is dreadful 
  • Options
    Another bit of passing to players under pressure, but we manage to get it upfield eventually, only for the Plymouth defence to cut it out.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well this is dreadful 
    Basically a youth game now.
  • Options
    Plymouth free kick near the dugouts, to be taken after they make a sub.
  • Options
    We are starting to look a bit tired against a stronger and more experienced Plymouth team, could do with freshening things up..
  • Options
    Bah! Nice work from Asiimwe to get the ball to Payne into their area, but Payne gets his feet all mixed up, and they clear.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Well this is dreadful 
    Apart from the first teamers yes
  • Options
    Plymouth give the ball away to Henry in the centre circle, he spots the keeper off his line, but the shot sails over the bar.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Well this is dreadful 

Hence 'Basically'
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    Speculative shot from half way line by Henry, too high, but great vision
  • Options
    We are starting to look a bit tired against a stronger and more experienced Plymouth team, could do with freshening things up..
    Running on fumes as usual...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Time to bring on Aneke & CBT then. 
  • Options
    Elerewe has to come wide left to track a runner, Asiimwe does well to come in to cover the space in teh 6 yard box, ball comes out to the edge of the area, and they have a shot which is more likely to trouble the corner flag than the goal.
  • Options
    Time to bring on Aneke & CBT then. 
    If only....
  • Options
    Nice run down the left from Morgan, cuts back in to the area, but gets the ball nicked off his toes. We come forward again, and Campbell's cross is flicked out for a corner.
  • Options
    He's made a few mistakes but Aaron Henry has been all over this game, really busy. Morgan on the other hand has been pretty anonymous in a game that he should be dominating. 
    Henry has been busy, as the defensive midfielder, but ineffective.

Morgan has seen plenty of action
    Really ? think i might need to watch this again 
    Are you some sort of sadist?
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    Asiimwe and Campbell probably our best players today. 

Elerewe must be winded there.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Well this is dreadful 

Hence 'Basically'
    Yes playing very basically, basically shite 😬
  • Options
    We were playing quite well in the period before HT, then took JFC off, which meant Morgan had to play deeper.
  • Options
    Heavy fall for Elewere  :#
  • Options
    And the defensive curse continues. Ball comes in from the corner, Elerewe leaps under pressure near the far corner of the 6 yard box and lands heavily on his back. Now having treatment on the pitch.