Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pre, Match & Post (p14) Thread| Plymouth Argyle vs Charlton Athletic (PJ2R)| Tues 22 November 2022

Comments

• Options
    Half time PAFC 2 CAFC 1
  • Options
    I completely missed that this was a) on and b) started at 7
    Good game so far?
  • Options
    Strangely, because both defences are so utterly hopeless,  that was an enjoyable first half! If it was 7-4 to plymouth, that would probably  be a fair score.

Feel desperately sorry for all our young defenders. They will all be having nightmares tonight. And they are making Harness a bag of nerves!

Still fancy us to win 9-8.
  • Options
    I don’t want to have a go at our young lads, but this game so far is same shite different day
  • Options
    Doesn't look much like "Garnerball".
  • Options
    Strangely, because both defences are so utterly hopeless,  that was an enjoyable first half! If it was 7-4 to plymouth, that would probably  be a fair score.

Feel desperately sorry for all our young defenders. They will all be having nightmares tonight. And they are making Harness a bag of nerves!

Still fancy us to win 9-8.
    I'll listen to the second half then : )

• Options
    0-1, Kanu with a good follow up shot,, nice first 10
    Is that his first first team goal?
  • Options
    I completely missed that this was a) on and b) started at 7
    Good game so far?
    Very end to end. We look a bit shaky at the back, possibly not surprising given the most experienced defender is Elerewe, and have been slightly lucky that they've not been very clinical on the whole. We've made some good chances but not quite taken them. I'm enjoying it, but not that hopeful we're going to come back and win.

• Options
    edited November 2022
    Well, it’s entertaining in a clown like way. In 48 years of watching football I am struggling to remember a worse pass than Mitchell’s for their goal. 
  • Options
    I don’t want to have a go at our young lads, but this game so far is same shite different day

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    0-1, Kanu with a good follow up shot,, nice first 10
    Is that his first first team goal?
    Yes
  • Options
    Well, it’s entertaining in a clown like way. In 48 years of watching football I am struggling to remember a worse pass than Mitchell’s for their goal. 
    Sarr's to Phillips?
  • Options
    I am beginning to wonder whether what we are missing most at the club is not a striker or a full back, but actually a good defensive coach. Our defence throughout the club sides is crap.
  • Options
    Gribbo said:
    Sounds like Tel's commentating on the snooker again
    sounds very subdued and quiet
  • Options
    That Famewo one tbf
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    That Famewo one tbf
    Many of Famewo's.

I'd still have him over Lavelle.
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    I mean, the best do it - Richard Rufus had a doozy in the famous 4-3 at Villa (although tbf to him that was less a pass, more a clearance that happened to be a perfect assist) 
  • Options
    I think Sarr and Inniss would have been a solid defence this season. Or Sarr and O'Connell for that matter.
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    According to the Plymouth Twitter account the attendance is 1300 odd including 101 Charlton.

101 pshycopaths.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    1 - I didnt know this match was on until I noticed the preview thread at 630pm

2 - even then didn’t realise it was 7pm kick off 

3 - only just realised it is not a league game !!!

I have obviously got World Cup Fever. 
  • Options
    According to the Plymouth Twitter account the attendance is 1300 odd including 101 Charlton.

101 pshycopaths.
    They're in Room 101 ......?

• Options
    edited November 2022
    Coming late to this.  Are our quadruple dreams over?
  • Options
    Plymouth making a sub and we might be too...
  • Options
    limeygent said:
    Doesn't look much like "Garnerball".
    Because we’ve had shots?
  • Options
    JFC off, Henry Rylah on by the sound of it.
  • Options
    Coming late to this.  Are our quadruple dreams over?
    No we can get the quadruple of failed silverware attempts.
  • Options
    2nd half kicks off
  • Options
    2nd half starts with 10 home grown players.
  • Options
    So 101 die hard Addicks have made the trip, great respect to you all, let's see if we can get your reward  second  half,..safe journey home👍