Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Brighton tickets (Ed. East Stand now open)

edited November 2022 in General Charlton
I know there is a thread running on us drawing them already, but my old man has just popped down to the valley to purchase two tickets in his and his friends normal seat that they have season tickets for in the west lower, and been told they have been sold already??

I thought season ticket holders had until tonight to claim their seats or is this cock up as a result of closing the East stand?  

The explanation he got was that the seats had been sold to season ticket holders who had purchased additional seats?

It’s a piss take considering he/we’ve had that seat since Aug 98.

Has anyone else had this yet? 

Sorry for duplicating a convo in an existing thread - couldn’t see a thread specifically on tickets

Comments

• Options
    I'm a season ticket holder in the Upper West but that's not open for this game so have bought a ticket in the Lower West, so I may have bought a sesaon ticket holders seat.
  • Options
    The wording is unclear (which I thought at the time).
    It doesn't say your seat is reserved until midnight tonight.

"Tickets will go on priority sale to season-ticket holders from 1pm on Thursday, November 24th until 11.59pm on Friday, November 25th and will then go on general sale."

https://www.charltonafc.com/news/bring-your-kids-quid-brighton-cup-tie
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    Season ticket holders have until 23:59 today to purchase their tickets but it’s pot luck if those seats have not already been sold.

This is what happens when you run a club on skeleton staff and no one is really in charge of the situation 
    So how is the situation different after 23.59 today? 
  • Options
    The website stated this 
    Tickets will go on priority sale to season-ticket holders from 1pm on Thursday, November 24th until 11.59pm on Friday, November 25th and will then go on general sale.

So it did not guarantee season-ticket holders their normal seats, in fact i bought six tickets yesterday in the West Lower, but not adjacent to my usual seat.

• Options
    edited November 2022
    MrLargo said:
    shirty5 said:
    Season ticket holders have until 23:59 today to purchase their tickets but it’s pot luck if those seats have not already been sold.

This is what happens when you run a club on skeleton staff and no one is really in charge of the situation 
    General sale. Though not sure if you have to have a previous purchase of tickets through the club to stop the scenario of Brighton being in home areas (Ones that are opened currently to Charlton Supporters). 
  • Options
    MrLargo said:
    shirty5 said:

All the Brighton supporters can buy in home ends😉
  • Options
    MrLargo said:
    shirty5 said:

On sale to non S/T holders as well.
  • Options
    The wording is unclear (which I thought at the time).
    It doesn't say your seat is reserved until midnight tonight.

"Tickets will go on priority sale to season-ticket holders from 1pm on Thursday, November 24th until 11.59pm on Friday, November 25th and will then go on general sale."

That’s poorly worded.  Oh well, there are more important things in life but that’s just another example of how badly the club is run operationally.  All these things add up.  I would’ve interpreted that as I have my season ticket until the deadline, and I am sure many others will based on how it’s been done in the past.  
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    iaitch said:
    I'm a season ticket holder in the Upper West but that's not open for this game so have bought a ticket in the Lower West, so I may have bought a sesaon ticket holders seat.
    You bastard
    I was gonna say that, but am trying to be a better person  :)
  • Options
    iaitch said:
    You bastard
    It's Mr Bastard to you Mehmet   :)
  • Options
    clive said:
    The website stated this 
    Tickets will go on priority sale to season-ticket holders from 1pm on Thursday, November 24th until 11.59pm on Friday, November 25th and will then go on general sale.

So it did not guarantee season-ticket holders their normal seats, in fact i bought six tickets yesterday in the West Lower, but not adjacent to my usual seat.

Sextuple bastard  :D
  • Options
    Have just brought Stockport and Brighton, haven’t had the print at home email. Emailed the club no response!
  • Options
    When I went in person today I asked for my usual two in the Curbs.
    was told no so U got two in the West.
    The lady said I can change to the Curbs if a decision is made to open it.
    Piss poor not to open the Curbs stand to us.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    When I went in person today I asked for my usual two in the Curbs.
    was told no so U got two in the West.
    The lady said I can change to the Curbs if a decision is made to open it.
    Piss poor not to open the Curbs stand to us.
    Why I’m holding off buying until nearer the time.
  • Options
    Unlike in previous years, the ST offer was pretty irrelevant to me, as it didn't guarantee I could sit in MY regular seat. In the Curbs stand. 

As a result there's no incentive to buy now. I'm waiting for the Curbs to open.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    All sounds a bit Stuwall.
  • Options
    Just gone to the website and you can’t purchase a ticket for the Brighton game. Just hospitality.  

Hhmmmmm
  • Options
    Just gone to the website and you can’t purchase a ticket for the Brighton game. Just hospitality.  

Hhmmmmm
    I really try to give them the benefit of the doubt as much as I can, but sometimes 🙄
  • Options
    Have just bought 5 tickets from the website, received the email with the electronic tickets attached. Covered end upper. Must be ok now
  • Options
    Have just bought 5 tickets from the website, received the email with the electronic tickets attached. Covered end upper. Must be ok now
    How? What’s it under?
  • Options
    Under the home games, brighton tab, usual way to purchase. 
  • Options
    Kids for a quid but I have to pay the same for my 11 year old as a twenty year old in full time employment, utter joke.
  • Options
    Under the home games, brighton tab, usual way to purchase. 
    Cheers but it’s obviously not there, or I wouldn’t have asked.
  • Options
    buckshee said:
    Kids for a quid but I have to pay the same for my 11 year old as a twenty year old in full time employment, utter joke.
    Yep, sure there used to be an U16 category