Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Brighton tickets (Ed. East Stand now open)

Comments

• Options
    edited November 2022
    buckshee said:
    Kids for a quid but I have to pay the same for my 11 year old as a twenty year old in full time employment, utter joke.

I’ve never understood that benchmark the club has for determining when a parent has suddenly got loads more spare cash.
  • Options
    You have to log out and then it becomes available. Makes sense…
  • Options
    buckshee said:
    Kids for a quid but I have to pay the same for my 11 year old as a twenty year old in full time employment, utter joke.
    Yep, sure there used to be an U16 category
    There was - and is - but they are not offering kids for a quid to them. I don’t know that it will achieve much for U11s midweek in December.

I think the concern with U18s is that it is wide open to abuse and also attracts unaccompanied teenagers, who can be a problem.
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:
    You have to log out and then it becomes available. Makes sense…
    Glad your sorted now
  • Options
    Still waiting for my email tickets to arrive after a week and 2 reminders to the Ticket office
  • Options
    yeah they've taken my money but so far no confirmation email....can't be arsed to chase yet 
  • Options
    Contacted them this morning and received tickets fairly quickly.
  • Options
    Not received a confirmation email about another purchase made, if they have an issue surely they can put something on the os. Been three working days now, normally get it within minutes.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Brighton have sold out the away end in just over a day. 
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    No surprise there, then.

Guess we have to wait to see whether they're offered an additional allocation of seats.

Any idea how many have been sold in the home areas ? 
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    shirty5 said:
    No surprise there, then.

Guess we have to wait to see whether they're offered an additional allocation of seats.

Any idea how many have been sold in the home areas ? 
    Lower West C, D, E are virtually sold out so people have moved on to B and F. These are very heavy early sales which reflect the fact that people don’t want to be stuck behind the goal. I’m confident I’ll be in the AC stand.

Overall it’s well ahead of most cup games at a similar stage, but not sensational. 
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    I didn’t realise the North Upper was open for this. J Block over half sold already I think 
  • Options
    So, they’re gonna hand over part of the West Upper to Brighton. This is reminiscent of what Wimbledon used to do when they were at Selhurst. Just shows how far we’ve slipped down the so called big club ladder. Very sad … 
  • Options
    never a fan of away fans being in home areas - feels very tinpot and imo brighton over history are a smaller club. bit in recent years we are polar opposites. 
    Could have sworn that we have given up the last 2 blocks of the East Stand towards the Away end in Cup competitions whilst we were in the Premier League a couple of times.

Someone with a better memory on here, I’m sure can tell us all what fixtures they were. Tottenham rings a bell for some reason. 2001
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    _MrDick said:
    So, they’re gonna hand over part of the West Upper to Brighton. This is reminiscent of what Wimbledon used to do when they were at Selhurst. Just shows how far we’ve slipped down the so called big club ladder. Very sad … 
    No different to the last game of the 2014/2015 season at home to Bournemouth when they were offered (and took) a similar allocation in the same area of the ground. Easy money to take, especially when it won’t be a sell out. 
    That bournemouth game was an odd one to be at, felt like we were uninvited guests to someone else's party.....in our own bloody ground. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    There is no details of any of this on our website yet. 

• Options
    redman said:
    There is no details of any of this on our website yet. 

Brighton's initial allocation for the game has now sold out. The club will open part of the West Upper for additional away supporters.
    https://www.charltonafc.com/news/alan-curbishley-stand-open-brighton-cup-clash
  • Options
    The Upper West seems the obvious place for overspill away fans to go. I assume they can enter the bottom of the West Stand car park from Valley Grove, next to the entrance of the JS.

I will be buying my ticket in the Curbs now it's been opened, as it should have been in the first place
  • Options
    Any idea on how many tickets sold?
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    never a fan of away fans being in home areas - feels very tinpot and imo brighton over history are a smaller club. bit in recent years we are polar opposites. 
    Could have sworn that we have given up the last 2 blocks of the East Stand towards the Away end in Cup competitions whilst we were in the Premier League a couple of times.

Someone with a better memory on here, I’m sure can tell us all what fixtures they were. Tottenham rings a bell for some reason. 2001
    We have but that was to accommodate the 15% rule in the FA Cup, which is itself subject to police agreement. In the EFL Cup it’s 10%.

The problem with the AC Stand is that you can only segregate about 1,200 (from recollection) without access and facilities issues. The segregation line is also a cost. 

The upper west has a natural segregation line (if needed) and doesn’t put Brighton fans on Harvey Gardens or Lansdowne Mews.

I have no doubt what went on here was people with no grasp of the issues trying to put Brighton in the AC Stand. But we’ve got to the right position, so all is good. 
    If we only have to allocate 10% for the EFL Cup then they'll have adequate space in the JS stand about 3,000ish.

I remember an FA Cup game with Brentford where they got a couple of blocks in the east stand.
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

We have but that was to accommodate the 15% rule in the FA Cup, which is itself subject to police agreement. In the EFL Cup it’s 10%.

The problem with the AC Stand is that you can only segregate about 1,200 (from recollection) without access and facilities issues. The segregation line is also a cost. 

The upper west has a natural segregation line (if needed) and doesn’t put Brighton fans on Harvey Gardens or Lansdowne Mews.

I have no doubt what went on here was people with no grasp of the issues trying to put Brighton in the AC Stand. But we’ve got to the right position, so all is good. 
    Agreed, but will odd with turnstile queues. Lower West going in in between the Upper West turnstiles. Wouldn't work with a less friendly club.
    Incidentally do we know if all the turnstiles have been fixed? 
  • Options
    Common sense prevails in opening the AC stand but why from Friday? Just got to hope they run an Valley Express service on the Bexhill route.
  • Options
    redman said:
    shirty5 said:

Agreed, but will odd with turnstile queues. Lower West going in in between the Upper West turnstiles. Wouldn't work with a less friendly club.
    Incidentally do we know if all the turnstiles have been fixed? 
    But then with lots of stadiums, especially the modern bowl ones, there's no segregation outside anyway. You walk around the stadium until you find your turnstile, whether for home or away fans