Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Brighton tickets (Ed. East Stand now open)

Comments

• Options
    edited November 2022
    redman said:
    shirty5 said:
    never a fan of away fans being in home areas - feels very tinpot and imo brighton over history are a smaller club. bit in recent years we are polar opposites. 
    Could have sworn that we have given up the last 2 blocks of the East Stand towards the Away end in Cup competitions whilst we were in the Premier League a couple of times.

Someone with a better memory on here, I’m sure can tell us all what fixtures they were. Tottenham rings a bell for some reason. 2001
    We have but that was to accommodate the 15% rule in the FA Cup, which is itself subject to police agreement. In the EFL Cup it’s 10%.

The problem with the AC Stand is that you can only segregate about 1,200 (from recollection) without access and facilities issues. The segregation line is also a cost. 

The upper west has a natural segregation line (if needed) and doesn’t put Brighton fans on Harvey Gardens or Lansdowne Mews.

I have no doubt what went on here was people with no grasp of the issues trying to put Brighton in the AC Stand. But we’ve got to the right position, so all is good. 
    Agreed, but will odd with turnstile queues. Lower West going in in between the Upper West turnstiles. Wouldn't work with a less friendly club.
    Incidentally do we know if all the turnstiles have been fixed? 
    As @killerandflash mentions, segregation outside the stadium shouldn't be a massive concern.

But if it is a concern for police, isn't the West Lower concourse open end-to-end? You could segregate part-way and have home fans with tickets in F/G/H blocks entering from the same turnstiles as those with tickets in D/E blocks. Not sure if there are H&S requirements that prevent that?

I forget what the set up looked like when Bournemouth had those blocks a few years back.

• Options
    edited November 2022
    in fairness Brighton aren't known for there lively fans etc lads that would turn up and cause hassle. 

if was a club such as leeds, villa id say no chance 
  • Options
    edited November 2022

Common sense prevails in opening the AC stand but why from Friday? Just got to hope they run an Valley Express service on the Bexhill route.
    I don’t agree with the “waiting list” approach. It’s unprofessional for a club of our size in my view. However, if they want feedback it would make sense to do a survey of passengers on Friday.
  • Options
    in fairness Brighton aren't known for there lively fans etc lads that would turn up and cause hassle. 
    But what about our West Stand Ultras  ;)
    bovril made for standing not running 
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:
    shirty5 said:
    _MrDick said:
    So, they’re gonna hand over part of the West Upper to Brighton. This is reminiscent of what Wimbledon used to do when they were at Selhurst. Just shows how far we’ve slipped down the so called big club ladder. Very sad … 
    No different to the last game of the 2014/2015 season at home to Bournemouth when they were offered (and took) a similar allocation in the same area of the ground. Easy money to take, especially when it won’t be a sell out. 
    That bournemouth game was an odd one to be at, felt like we were uninvited guests to someone else's party.....in our own bloody ground. 

Should never happen no matter how much money the club can make. It just makes for a noisier away support and the lift it gives the team.
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:
    shirty5 said:
    _MrDick said:
    So, they’re gonna hand over part of the West Upper to Brighton. This is reminiscent of what Wimbledon used to do when they were at Selhurst. Just shows how far we’ve slipped down the so called big club ladder. Very sad … 
    No different to the last game of the 2014/2015 season at home to Bournemouth when they were offered (and took) a similar allocation in the same area of the ground. Easy money to take, especially when it won’t be a sell out. 
    That bournemouth game was an odd one to be at, felt like we were uninvited guests to someone else's party.....in our own bloody ground. 

Should never happen no matter how much money the club can make. It just makes for a noisier away support and the lift it gives the team.
    The money is trivial in this case. Charlton will get about £4.50 per fan. It does help with keeping home areas for home fans though.
  • Options
    Brighton been given an extra 1,300 tickets apparently. 
  • Options
    The Alan Curbishley stand is now open. If you've bought a ticket elsewhere in the stadium you can get your ticket changed.
  • Options
    never a fan of away fans being in home areas - feels very tinpot and imo brighton over history are a smaller club. bit in recent years we are polar opposites. 
    I’m not either but would you rather empty seats if we’re not gonna fill them? Not saying it’s easy. Genuine question.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    JaShea99 said:
    I’m not either but would you rather empty seats if we’re not gonna fill them? Not saying it’s easy. Genuine question.
    It also looks a bit tinpot if you refuse extra tickets for the away side, but have vast areas of empty seats in home areas.
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:
    Fill 'em with inflatables to feed from the hot dog cannon!
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:
    It also looks a bit tinpot if you refuse extra tickets for the away side, but have vast areas of empty seats in home areas.
    We could resurrect those cardboard " cut outs" as per the behind closed doors/covid times. 
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    I'd rather empty seats all day. Let's worry about what we can do better to get our own fans in, rather than give away teams more.
    If we were doing that, then great. But as we're not...
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    I'd rather empty seats all day. Let's worry about what we can do better to get our own fans in, rather than give away teams more.
    Leave them empty then. Why give other teams an advantage for the sake of four grand 
  • Options
    Is segregation for Charlton v Brighton even necessary? I know that we have a few stupid Herberts but in the West or AC Stands, seriously?

I could imagine more trouble at the local bowls club.
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Croydon said:
    Leave them empty then. Why give other teams an advantage for the sake of four grand 
    What advantage are Brighton going to have by having another 1300 fans there ?? Is there going to be a clapometer & the game won by who has the loudest fans  ?

Like a pp said, it's sad to be locking out the opposition fans & then only half filling the home areas. There more the merrier I say....
    Are you going? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2022
    But what about our West Stand Ultras  ;)
    Forget battle of the bridge, could be battle of the blankets!

Edit - Don’t knock ‘em till you’ve tried em!
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    Strange that the have done it this way. Fortunately it's just Brighton so there shouldn't be any issues that they are in the tier above home fans. (Plus access issues) Guess the police have agreed to this. Be surprised if this happens again with a team with more of a trouble like reputation or one of our rivals. 
  • Options
    Strange that the have done it this way. Fortunately it's just Brighton so there shouldn't be any issues that they are in the tier above home fans. (Plus access issues) Guess the police have agreed to this. Be surprised if this happens again with a team with more of a trouble like reputation or one of our rivals. 
    From what Brighton fans are saying they will be above their own fans anyway, as the allocation has sold out and they will buy in West Stand H block. 
  • Options
    Uboat said:
    From what Brighton fans are saying they will be above their own fans anyway, as the allocation has sold out and they will buy in West Stand H block. 
    Shows what an attraction we are to these teams.
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    Apparently Peter Varney has tweeted asking as many Charlton fans as possible to attend this game to show their support of the club. Possibly a statement to a potential buyer??

• Options
    edited November 2022
    Be nice now if we could have Charlton fans actually turn out to make the ‘giving another stand to the opposition’ stuff a non-consideration 
    801912601 said:
    Apparently Peter Varney has tweeted asking as many Charlton fans as possible to attend this game to show their support of the club. Possibly a statement to a potential buyer??

You seem to be neglecting my middle man fixer credentials. I’d probably want much less commission as well :-)   
  • Options
    Are tickets being sold in the East Stand yet?
  • Options
    Uboat said:
    Not showing as an option are they? I have mine from swapping 
  • Options
    Uboat said:
    From Friday, 10 or 11am.
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    Uboat said:
    On sale Friday at 11am