Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Kent CCC 2023

Comments

• And one now to Jaydn

181-7 off 37.3
  • Lovely bit of flight. Proper offie's dismissal!
  • 4th wicket to Qadri

220-8 off 44.1

40 off 35 required
  • And another to Parkinson

225-9
  • Montgomery (70*) has to do most of it on his own. 34 off 30 needed.
  • Qadri finishes with figures of 10-0-47-4
  • 239-9

21 off 18
  • Need a wicket I suspect
  • 248-9

12 off 12
  • Come on Kent
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2023
    7 needed off the final over
  • Not looking good
  • Notts win by 1 wicket with 1 ball to spare. Gutted!!!

• edited August 2023
  • Only kent could lose in that position, outstanding stuff 
  • Gutting to lose like that - ahead in the game multiple times. Last Notts wicket put on nearly 40 runs
  • Thanks for info AA, sad ending 
  • edited August 2023
  • Tense battle - I was following updates on the BBC and that six near the end suddenly seemed to give them an edge as the run rate dropped nicely.

Out of interest were we (or are we) in a position to qualify for the next round?
  • We lost the match in those final 15 overs of ours with an evident lack of purposeful batting during a period when we scored just 83 for the loss of 7 wickets i.e. less than a run a ball
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2023
    5th level on points with Lancashire who are 4th. Sorry but I am not sure that will be good enough to qualify
  • Tense battle - I was following updates on the BBC and that six near the end suddenly seemed to give them an edge as the run rate dropped nicely.

Out of interest were we (or are we) in a position to qualify for the next round?
    We were in with a very good chance had we won. Now we are in with an outside chance providing we win our final two matches, 
  • ross1 said:
    5th level on points with Lancashire who are 4th. Sorry but I am not sure that will be good enough to qualify
    Getting an in form Joe Denly and Joey Evision back would make such a difference to the side. Finch would then be batting at 7 instead of 5 and the balance of the batting line up would look so much better. 
  • Noooo. Thought we had that 

• I'm pretty sure DBD can't play in one of our remaining games due to a class with a Hundred fixture for his team, which would massively hamper our batting 
  • I'm pretty sure DBD can't play in one of our remaining games due to a class with a Hundred fixture for his team, which would massively hamper our batting 
    Hopefully he'll be released again
  • SO near & yet so far ! 

Didn't think we had made enough runs but hoped we had....Very disappointed yet again with Blakey. If only Joey was fit ! 

Positives were a solid base provided by our openers & Qadri's 4 wickets. And another wicket for young Jaydn.

We had a large group of the Denly family & friends sitting around us including Jayden's Mum & Dad and  Joe & Sam's Dad ( Jaydn's Grandad) Lovely people who clearly live for their cricket ! 

We can't make either of our last 2 games ( just as well after today?) but will be watching the streams with the faint hope that our lads can put on a good show & maybe creep into the final round/s.
  • That was the cricket equivalent of a 96th minute loss to Bristol Rovers.

Twice in a week. 
    The rules are that if his hundred side have a game on the same day as the county side, he can't be released 
    The rules are that if his hundred side have a game on the same day as the county side, he can't be released 
    Feckin Hundred!