Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Kent CCC 2023

Comments

• edited August 2023
    Stewart smacks 24 of an over. One of the sixes was quite near to the ice cream van  :D
  • Leaning and Stewart go in quick succession, struggling to get 300 now
  • 288 all out in the final over. Feels a bit short.
  • Watching the bowlers practicing, Jas Singh looked quite brisk. Denly looks even younger than 17 though  :D 

• Leaning gets a wicket in his first over, hopefully the spinners will be as effective as on Friday 
  • Good start for Bazley, with a wicket first ball . 

Sorry make that two in his first two balls!
  • Parky gets the dangerous Higgins then immediately runs off the pitch, a desperately needed mid over toilet break I assume  :D
  • Leaning bowls Stoneman. That surely is the win
  • edited August 2023
    Leaning gets Stoneman - excellent bowling from him these last two games

79/5 off 18
  • NRR could do with a skittling of Middlesex here. Imagine it'd still be awful but not quite as awful!
  • Sponsored links:

• They've just said on commentary that despite Muyeye not playing in that other competition, he can't be released because, unlikely Leaning, both sides have been playing on the same day. So Muyeye's in both squads but has ended up being picked by neither!
  • They've just said on commentary that despite Muyeye not playing in that other competition, he can't be released because, unlikely Leaning, both sides have been playing on the same day. So Muyeye's in both squads but has ended up being picked by neither!
    With Roy failing a few times for the Invincibles it may be that he gets a go for them 
  • Is the sound out for everyone? A second or more ahead of the play
    DBD I assume you mean. Which begs the question of when the next fixture clash with the Invincibles will be...
  • Prithvi Shaw has taken shirt number 100 and proceeded to justify it, and how, etc 
  • This will be the stand that gets us biting our fingernails 
  • Middlesex are going down slowly. Pushing the singles, but falling even further behind the run rate
  • And Qadri bowls Hollman to break the mini stand anyway.

The bars have managed to run out of Spitfire (amber) so am now on a bottle of1698!
    DBD I assume you mean. Which begs the question of when the next fixture clash with the Invincibles will be...
    Yes, sorry I do. I had Leaning in my head because he wasn't released last year
  • Athers junior goes to a great catch by Bazley of Singh, who's bowled with decent pace.
  • Sponsored links:

• And the BBC's John Simpson can now report that he got caught behind of Qadri.
  • NRR could do with a skittling of Middlesex here. Imagine it'd still be awful but not quite as awful!
    Your wish is about to be granted! I'm now checking train times 
  • Parky gets the last wicket , caught on the boundary by Denly junior.
  • Batted first - won 3/3
    Batted second - lost 2/2
  • Batted first - won 3/3
    Batted second - lost 2/2
    Some very one sided wins and defeats too. Kent are like the child who when they are good they're very good, and when they are bad they're horrid!
  • I think that, as much as Compton doesn't score as fast as might like, him getting out too soon does expose our brittle middle order too early. Getting Evison back will improve things as will, potentially, the return of Denly Snr and/or Muyeye.
  • I think that, as much as Compton doesn't score as fast as might like, him getting out too soon does expose our brittle middle order too early. Getting Evison back will improve things as will, potentially, the return of Denly Snr and/or Muyeye.

Compton improved as his innings progressed today, being able to rotate the strike better and time it better too.
  • Is it top 2 in each division that make semis ? 
  • At the change, I thought we may have been 20 runs short, but excellent bowling gets us another win.
  • Now 3rd with level 6 points, but both clubs above us have games in hand