Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Kent CCC 2023

Comments

• Jaydn Denly gets a wicket with his third ball!!!!
  • Easy game this, Denly gets a wicket with his 3rd ball!
  • Been impressed with Finch's keeping. He's much better than "someone to take the gloves because nobody else is there"
    As I've said previously, he is a natural athlete who can turn his hand to anything because of his hand to eye co-ordination. He started keeping in the 2s last season for a few games and has done so every game this. He's certainly much better than a "stopper" but isn't yet in the class of a Billings or Robinson with the gloves.
  • Wicket maiden to Jaydn
  • Clark starting to open his shoulders

124 off 12 needed
  • Parkinson bowls Geddes

225-6 off 40.2
  • I hope the Beckenham groundsman is busy preparing a complete bunsen, as spin bowling is clearly our strength!
  • I hope the Beckenham groundsman is busy preparing a complete bunsen, as spin bowling is clearly our strength!
    Blakey hasn't even bowled and wait 'til Denly Snr gets in the side too - 50 overs of spin
  • 102 runs needed off 9 overs
  • Sponsored links:

• And Qadri traps the dangerous Clark with one of those devilish to play high full bungers!!!
  • Blake with a fantastic grab to give Parkinson another wicket 
  • Amazing catch by Blake! And did brilliantly to make sure the ball never got near the ground (if Mitchell Starc is watching)
  • Parkinson bowls Moriarty round his legs to take a 4th wicket
  • No Lancashire, you can't have Parkinson back
  • Start the car

240-9
  • Qadri takes the final wicket

Surrey 243 all out and we win by the small margin of 87 runs!!!
  • That'll claw back a bit of our hideous negative NRR
  • Wow, the height of my expectations today was a rainy day with no play. Someone should check and see where the real Kent players are being hidden.
    Seriously, very happy with that.
  • Sponsored links:

• And credit due to Leaning for using the spinners so well. 
  • Bollocks. That means I'll probably now go to Beckenham on Sunday, and watch us revert to type!
  • I think I support kent again
  • The perfect introduction for Jaydn Denly. Hit his only ball for a boundary and then took a wicket with his third ball. He has a very repeatable action and bowls stump to stump, The variations and reading the batsman will come with experience but having that ability to bowl does take the pressure off him needing to produce meaningful runs at this stage of his development. He might play again in this competition and he might not but whatever happens will be playing for the 2s in their remaining games in September. We have to remember that he is still at school so there shouldn't be a great weight of expectation on his shoulders.  
  • And credit due to Leaning for using the spinners so well. 
    As I say including bowling himself 10 overs straight at the start. But then I suppose he knew that Messrs Burns and Sibley would prefer a bit of pace on the ball. 
  • Interesting that Kent are selling half price second innings only tickets for the 50 over matches
  • Interesting that Kent are selling half price second innings only tickets for the 50 over matches
    They'd sell them at full price if they could but they recognise that if we've batted first then people would have already missed us scoring 300 plus and if we're batting second we're likely to be all out for less than 200.
  • Great result. Well done Super Kent
  • The perfect introduction for Jaydn Denly. Hit his only ball for a boundary and then took a wicket with his third ball. He has a very repeatable action and bowls stump to stump, The variations and reading the batsman will come with experience but having that ability to bowl does take the pressure off him needing to produce meaningful runs at this stage of his development. He might play again in this competition and he might not but whatever happens will be playing for the 2s in their remaining games in September. We have to remember that he is still at school so there shouldn't be a great weight of expectation on his shoulders.  
    More importantly, is he Palarse? Where does he got to school, out of interest?
    More importantly, is he Palarse? Where does he got to school, out of interest?
    He goes to school at Canterbury Academy (along with a number of other talented cricketers including the sons of David Fulton) but I do not know who he supports