Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Kent CCC 2023

Comments

• Watched nearly every ball on the stream ( thanks again, AA!) but paused for 30 mins or so a couple of times as other "stuff" needed attention.

So, haven't long finished loving the death throes of the old enemy.

REALLY proud of our lads today with a special shout out for Captain Courageous Jack, who I thought made just about all the correct decisions. 

But who could forget that superb, fairy tale debut of Denly Jr and that fantastic catch on the boundary by Blakey ! SO much to enjoy !

Don't think we'll make it to Beckenham on Sunday after Peterborough tomorrow but will be glued to the stream from start to finish.

Onwards & upwards  !
  • What type of bowler is Denly jnr?
  • What type of bowler is Denly jnr?
    Slow left armer

The commentators likened him to Jadeja.
  • Just need two days of Sun & three points over posh and it’ll be a perfect weekend!
  • Jas Singh in for Gilchrist. Gilchrist is like a Charlton player, the number of times he's had to be rested.
  • Kent win the toss and will bat!
  • There appears to be a bit of interest in the Director of Cricket role being vacated by Downton at the end of the season. According to The Cricketer the likes of David Fulton and Min Patel have applied and one Paul Farbrace has expressed an interest in the job too - he only joined Sussex as Head Coach this season. 
  • I see a certain James Tredwell is umpiring the Kent v Middlesex game. Come on Treders, you know what to do - and what not to do!!!
  • Very slow start, we're struggling to get the seamers away, which is a concern with our spin heavy attack 
  • 73-0 off 15

Interestingly (or not) we were 70-1 after 15 against Surrey and went on to make 330
  • Sponsored links:

• Yet another 50 for DBD
  • A massive bonus that DBD has been released to play for us, as he reaches his 50. I'd be surprised if London Spirit didn't recall him though.

Painful watching Compton at the other end though. 
  • DBD caught in the deep.
  • DBD out for 58 (64)

109-1 off 20.4 

• I see a certain James Tredwell is umpiring the Kent v Middlesex game. Come on Treders, you know what to do - and what not to do!!!
    Simon Hinks is the match referee, another ex 
  • Compton reaches his 50 with his first boundary off 79 balls
  • Compton goes to his 50 with his first 4 of the day. In the 28th over!
  • 158-1 off 28. At the same stage against Surrey we were 153-1
  • A party balloon just flew over the ground. A number 7 😁

• 174-1 off 30
  • Sponsored links:

• Compton out for 60 off 92, caught at mid on

188-2 off 31.2
  • Compton holes out. I might be tempting fate, but not a bad thing for him to go now, a perfect time for Blake to arrive with 18 overs to go.
  • Compton holes out. I might be tempting fate, but not a bad thing for him to go now, a perfect time for Blake to arrive with 18 overs to go.
    I hope he plays better than he did yesterday!
  • Blake bowled just after a nice 6. Shame 
  • 2 in 2, bugger 
  • Denly junior strides to the wicket, with the naive confidence of youth
  • Pedro45 said:
    Compton holes out. I might be tempting fate, but not a bad thing for him to go now, a perfect time for Blake to arrive with 18 overs to go.
    I hope he plays better than he did yesterday!
    Unfortunately not. I think it's quite clear to everyone that he isn't getting a new contract at the end of the season and the fact that he played for Hayes yesterday in between matches for Kent on Friday and today does rather reflect that - no other Kent player was allowed to play yesterday as far as I'm aware
  • A bit of a struggle that for Denly, he looked his age out there.
  • Bazley isn't a number 7...
  • 222-6 from 188-1