Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Kent CCC 2023

Comments

• 239-7 off 47

Bazley out for 15 off 27. Having Jaydn at 6 and Bazley at 7 coming in when we are trying to kick on does not really work - one lacks the power and the other struggles, at times, to even lay bat on ball.  Stewart really should sit between them rather than coming in for the last few overs when the damage has been done. 
  • edited August 2023
    Stewart out for 25 off 15

245-8 off 48

In marches Gilchrist so both the Kent and Cricinfo scorecards were incorrect

• Qadri out

247-9 off 48.2
  • Very disappointing final total of 259-9. Really lost our way in the second half of the innings. 

First 25 overs - 132-0 
    Final 25 overs - 127-9
  • Is there any commentary? I've finished work a bit early so going to read in the garden
  • There is on the stream. Not the greatest of sound or picture

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkfMr4MhmKo
  • Very disappointing after a solid start but thought we wouldn't even get to 250 at one stage. Something to defend at least.

Don't know these Notts players so not sure what to expect from them

Thanks - Alexa not playing the cricket when asked (nicely) but music

Thanks - Alexa not playing the cricket when asked (nicely) but music
    That's the interval music - play due to resume at 2.55pm
  • I know that they've been affected more than most by that other thing going on but a team that has the likes of Burns, Sibley, Patel, Lawes, Steel, McKerr, Virdi, Blake, Geddes and Moriarty really shouldn't be bottom of the group - as Surrey will be following today's game. So sad to see a once great county struggle so much. 
    Its really been shocking. 

We did have Clark and Foakes playing too before injury! Lawes has only just been released from the hundred for this game and we are short of seamers, Taylor, Kimber, Riefer, Dunn and Barnwell all injured and would be starting in this comp. We've had to promote and give a contract to Griffiths just for this comp and he's not particularly impressed. As a result we've gone with a spin heavy attack with at least 3 spinners and while they've not set the world alight its not been awful. Its the batting that has let us down badly. Sibley us useless in this format, Burns has been disappointing. The ridiculous decision to play Geddes at 7 until this game when we should be building the lineup around him and Patel. 

Poor all round from an experienced team that should be doing a hell of a lot better.
  • Sponsored links:

• I know that they've been affected more than most by that other thing going on but a team that has the likes of Burns, Sibley, Patel, Lawes, Steel, McKerr, Virdi, Blake, Geddes and Moriarty really shouldn't be bottom of the group - as Surrey will be following today's game. So sad to see a once great county struggle so much. 

We did have Clark and Foakes playing too before injury! Lawes has only just been released from the hundred for this game and we are short of seamers, Taylor, Kimber, Riefer, Dunn and Barnwell all injured and would be starting in this comp. We've had to promote and give a contract to Griffiths just for this comp and he's not particularly impressed. As a result we've gone with a spin heavy attack with at least 3 spinners and while they've not set the world alight its not been awful. Its the batting that has let us down badly. Sibley us useless in this format, Burns has been disappointing. The ridiculous decision to play Geddes at 7 until this game when we should be building the lineup around him and Patel. 

Poor all round from an experienced team that should be doing a hell of a lot better.
    Serious question, what sort of income do Surrey (and others) get from hosting That Tournament and other international fixtures?

Lancashire need another 45 runs off 35 overs with 10 wickets in hand. Could be close!
  • How many games are there in the group stages (I ask as the Blast is odd in that I recall you play (only)  some teams twice) and do 4 go though from each group?

Are the next rounds after That Tournament has finished? I recall we kept with the players who got us through last year

Serious question, what sort of income do Surrey (and others) get from hosting That Tournament and other international fixtures?
    Middlesex are stuffed as they don't have a particularly strong squad, and don't even get the Hundred income, as they're just tenants of Lord's. 
  • How many games are there in the group stages (I ask as the Blast is odd in that I recall you play (only)  some teams twice) and do 4 go though from each group?

Are the next rounds after That Tournament has finished? I recall we kept with the players who got us through last year
    I think the way it worked last year (and assume it is the same this season) is that the winners of each group goes straight into the semis. The second from one group plays the third from the other to determine the other two semi-finalists

Lancashire need another 45 runs off 35 overs with 10 wickets in hand. Could be close!
    Lancs won by 10 wickets with just 167 balls of their innings left

Kent have 2 more group games after today. Home on Sunday, then away to Hampshire next Tuesday?. 
  • after that start feels like we are a 100 short !! 
  • Nott's 78-2 off 17.3 overs
  • MrOneLung said:
    after that start feels like we are a 100 short !! 
    I would say 30-40. There's no doubt that with the ball going softer it became harder to score but we played too many "all or nothing shots" an particularly from Bazley who just could not adapt to the slow pace of the track. He came in with just 69 balls to go, scored 15 off 27 which included no less than 18 balls which he failed to score off. 

83-2 off 18 with both wickets to Qadri. We are still in it. 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2023
    92-3 off 20.3 overs

Not replacing you AA, just checking scores on BBC and then putting them on here, not as much information as you bring
  • ross1 said:
    92-3 off 20.3 overs

Not replacing you AA, just checking scores on BBC and then putting them on here, not as much information as you bring
    No problem. Welcome someone else updating especially as I'm in the middle of doing something else and having to play catch up some of the time!
  • 101-3 off 22. We were about 20 runs ahead at this point without the loss of a wicket too
  • 125-3 off 25
  • edited August 2023
    Gilchrist bowls Hameed

130-4 off 27
  • Another wicket for Qadri

141-5 off 30
  • Qadri (3) and Parkinson (7) can bowl half the remaining overs between them
  • It's funny how we've ended up with a completely spin dominated bowling attack
  • Wicket to Parksinson aided by a Finch stumping

164-6 off 34.3