Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Kent CCC 2023

Comments

• The release of players back from the Hundred, while well intentioned, is adding another slight element of farce to how the ECB are managing their "prestige" tournament, and the county 50 over competition.

Next Sunday for example, London Spirit are also playing (ruling DBB out presumable) but Invincibles aren't, making Muyeye potentially available.
  • The release of players back from the Hundred, while well intentioned, is adding another slight element of farce to how the ECB are managing their "prestige" tournament, and the county 50 over competition.

Next Sunday for example, London Spirit are also playing (ruling DBB out presumable) but Invincibles aren't, making Muyeye potentially available.
    I was of the opinion that once released from the Hundred ( spit!) , it meant that was their lot for the remainder of that "competition".

Surely that should be the sensible scenario ? 

I was of the opinion that once released from the Hundred ( spit!) , it meant that was their lot for the remainder of that "competition".

Surely that should be the sensible scenario ? 
    Agree with 'spit!' Fanny 
  • edited August 2023
    It appears that Jordan Cox fractured his finger yesterday, is out of the rest of that competition and it looks likely that he has had an operation on the digit. Given that it can take six to eight weeks to get over such an injury, there has to be a chance that we might not see him again in a Kent shirt. Sad ending to his career with us if that proves to be the case.  
  • It appears that Jordan Cox fractured his finger yesterday, is out of the rest of that competition and it looks likely that he has had an operation on the digit. Given that it can take six to eight weeks to get over such an injury, there has to be a chance that we might not see him again in a Kent shirt. Sad ending to his career with us if that proves to be the case.  
    Making it less likely too that Muyeye will be released back to us
  • edited August 2023
    It appears that Jordan Cox fractured his finger yesterday, is out of the rest of that competition and it looks likely that he has had an operation on the digit. Given that it can take six to eight weeks to get over such an injury, there has to be a chance that we might not see him again in a Kent shirt. Sad ending to his career with us if that proves to be the case.  
    Making it less likely too that Muyeye will be released back to us
    I would imagine that Muyeye would be a direct replacement for Cox in the Surrey Incognitos line-up, maybe opening, and the faltering Roy going down the order.
  • A little mention for Tammy Beaumont in ‘that’ tournament yesterday.
    First women to get a 100 and is now has the highest total in both men/women in the tournament.
    I absolutely love her.
    I was gutted the women’s game was rained off when I was in Cardiff last week.
    The woman’s hundred is incredibly worthwhile . 
  • Jordan Cox's dad has confirmed that Jordan's season - and no doubt Kent career - is over following his operation yesterday. He shattered his finger in three places, but has no ligament damage thankfully.
  • Pedro45 said:
    Jordan Cox's dad has confirmed that Jordan's season - and no doubt Kent career - is over following his operation yesterday. He shattered his finger in three places, but has no ligament damage thankfully.
    That is a pity. Whatever we think of his move to Essex, I'm sure that he would have given his all in the final three fixtures and his very good form in white ball would, hopefully, have continued in the CC. One assumes that Billings will now definitely return to play come September. 
  • Sponsored links:

• On the 4th August Kent issued this statement:

Kent Cricket is delighted to announce the signing of New Zealand international Ben Lister until the end of the season, on a multi-format deal, barring any international call-ups.

Ben isn't injured as he has played twice for his club in the last week so, presumably, we've decided that we don't need him for the one day comp. Will he still be used in the CC?
  • This will apply to us but not to the same degree, after this Sunday there will be no Somerset home cricket fixtures for a full 30 days i.e. for the whole of the rest of the school hols and beyond. In fact, for the 38 days between the 12th August and the 19th September, when Somerset play us in the CC, they will have hosted just one game. That really is some sort of joke. 
  • I've always thought this was a problem in playing forms of cricket in clumps, when compared to the old fixture list.

Yes they played too much in the old days, but by having the CC AND the Sunday League playing right through the season, fans of both forms always had the chance to watch home fixtures. 
  • DBD has once again been released by London Spirit to play against Notts tomorrow. Joe Denly is still not fit to play, Evison misses out through an abdonimal issue and Marcus O’Riordan also sidelined through injury.

Ben Lister is unavailable for Kent after being called-up to New Zealand’s IT20 Tour of the UAE. He will be available for Kent’s last three CC matches in September.

14 man squad:

• Thanks as always, AA.

We're off to Canterbury tomorrow. Anyone else going ? 
  • We will be there, looks a nice day. Thinking back the last 50 overs match I saw was at Lords when David Lloyd took that wonder catch to end our chances to beat Lancs. 
  • Won the toss again and bat first
  • Thanks as always, AA.

We're off to Canterbury tomorrow. Anyone else going ? 
    Not today. Glad we're batting first, and hoping the Canterbury pitch takes spin!
  • Gilchrist in for Singh
  • Gilchrist in for Singh
    Not according to the scorecard? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Great platform

132-0 off 25

Compton 56* (76)
    DBD 70* (74)
  • Gilchrist in for Singh
    It was on Kent's twitter account 
  • Gilchrist in for Singh
    It was on Kent's twitter account 
    Thanks - either the scorecard has it wrong or Gilchrist pulled up lame in the warm up. I suppose, with only three seamers in the attack, we can't afford to go in with one that might have anything that would cause them not to be able to bowl i.e. we'd be left with just Stewart and Bazley
  • DBD and Compton sadly departed

151-2 off 30 
  • Blake gone

177-3 off 35.3
  • I know that they've been affected more than most by that other thing going on but a team that has the likes of Burns, Sibley, Patel, Lawes, Steel, McKerr, Virdi, Blake, Geddes and Moriarty really shouldn't be bottom of the group - as Surrey will be following today's game. So sad to see a once great county struggle so much. 
  • Leaning plays on for 24

188-4 off 38

Big dozen overs
  • Terrible misunderstanding between Finch and Jaydn Denly and the former is run out

138-0 to 191-5
  • On commentary they've said "Stewart, Qadri, Gilchrist and Parkinson" to come. But Singh is still on the scorecard. 
  • Jaydn walks straight past one

206-6 off 43