Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Kent CCC 2023

Comments

• 42-4. Two for Harmer and two for Yadav. Could be over tonight.  
    I hadn't realised it was only day 3. No chance of rain or bad light saving Middlesex either  :D
  • Yadav has looked threatening when I have been watching
  • and then he gets a wicket next ball
  • Yuzvendra Chahal now boosting our bowler count for the last 3 x 4 day matches ! 
  • Crawley to captain England in ODI's. Guessing he will miss kent games and also suggests to me that the ECB would like little old Kent to be out of the top flight
  • https://www.kentcricket.co.uk/news/yuzvendra-chahal-joins-kent-for-championship-run-in/

A quick learning curve, to get used to local conditions before next week
  • Crawley to captain England in ODI's. Guessing he will miss kent games and also suggests to me that the ECB would like little old Kent to be out of the top flight
    Theoretically he could play in our game starting on Sunday. Theoretically...

Isn't that for the Ireland series in which case one would like to think that he is available to play in the next two CC matches
  • So none of the England 50 over World Cup squad are going to play in these 50 over games ?
  • Sponsored links:

• MrOneLung said:
    So none of the England 50 over World Cup squad are going to play in these 50 over games ?
    It seems that way
  • Parkinson returned 8-138 for Durham in their victory over Sussex and combined with his performances for us bodes well for the next three seasons. In fact, 169 wickets at 26.24 with an E/R of 2.83 does rather question as to what exactly happened at Lancashire. He's still only 26 too so, all things being equal, he will, hopefully, be with us for a decade.  
  • Another posi !  :)
  • edited September 2023
    And it is - just! Middlesex 147 all out so Essex win by 297 runs.
  • Middlesex have TWO batting points all season
  • Jaydn Denley opened the batting for England U19s against Australia on the opening day of their First Test. That's not a position he usually occupies and he was fourth out for 9 off 23 balls with the score on 62. England were 174 all out and in reply Australia are 160-3 off 39 overs with one of their openers, Dixon, undefeated on 100* off just 121 balls. Jaydn has bowled just 2 overs for 10. 
  • Milne injury rules out Lister - could have certainly done without that
  • Denly Jr looked imperious in the second innings before playing a needlessly idiotic shot, which of course has triggered a mini collapse, because this is just how England bats now
  • have we signed Aaron Nijjar from Essex for rest of season ? 
  • Sponsored links:

• A former club colleague of mine, Dan O'Driscoll is currently on trial with Kent. Dan is a keeper/batsman, who got released by Middlesex a month or so ago and has had a couple of games for Kent 2s lately. Hopefully, he's come into form at the right time; in the Middlesex Premier decider last Saturday, he got 130 for Stanmore v North Middlesex and Stanmore won the title. 
  • Middlesex have TWO batting points all season
    Yep, and I was there for one of them. I'm getting a tee-shirt made.
  • Simonsen said:
    A former club colleague of mine, Dan O'Driscoll is currently on trial with Kent. Dan is a keeper/batsman, who got released by Middlesex a month or so ago and has had a couple of games for Kent 2s lately. Hopefully, he's come into form at the right time; in the Middlesex Premier decider last Saturday, he got 130 for Stanmore v North Middlesex and Stanmore won the title. 
    I mentioned him on here at the time he was released by Middlesex as I was surprised that they had done so but it seems that they had one too many in that position - I had seen him play against my son in the last couple of years at county age group level and he looked proficient with bat and ball. 
  • Kent 2s were 173 all out and lost by an innings and 174 runs. Aron Nijjar, a left arm spinner who plays for Minster CC in the Kent Prem, finished with figures of 14.5-2-30-6. He is more a white ball bowler but perhaps we could take him on loan if we believe that St Lawrence is going to take spin? 
    And as if by magic he appears in our squad!

• edited September 2023
    MrOneLung said:
    have we signed Aaron Nijjar from Essex for rest of season ? 
    It seems that way but no announcement whatsoever from what I can see! Edit - there is a tiny comment on "team news" but whether that is for all of the last three games I don't know
  • Good to see Crawley playing but it will be interesting to see who are the three players they leave out from the 14. One has to be Billings or Finch but I wouldn't imagine Billings not to play, despite his low scores for 2s, because why else would he be in the 14? Another will be a bowler and a question as to whether we go with two spinners or not. And the third might be a toss up between Denly and Muyeye though that might be a bit harsh on the latter. 
  • No Billings. Finch takes the gloves
  • edited September 2023
    No Billings. Finch takes the gloves
    Thanks - I forgot it was a 10.30 start!!!  So no Billings, Denly and Quinn from the 14. I noticed that Jas Singh was missing from the 14 which isn't a total surprise but also Stewart wasn't in it either. Is he injured or just dropped? 
  • Read that Stewart is injured. I think for the rest of the season but may have misread that