Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Kent CCC 2023

Comments

• We are being helped by "wides" masquerading as byes - two boundaries in the last couple of overs to take the score to 421-6 off 107
  • 430-6 off 110 overs. Disappointing to get that close to the 5th bonus point but, having been more cautious, we must ensure that we do get to 500 plus.
  • Middlesex 181-9

Robson 77*
  • Can anyone see this line up getting 20 wickets (which we have only done once all season)
  • Evison is caught behind, trying to pull a ball, for 16 off 37 which makes the earlier lack of urgency even more disappointing

443-7 off 113
  • MrOneLung said:
    Can anyone see this line up getting 20 wickets (which we have only done once all season)
    Hope we're wrong but only if the ball takes a lot of spin and Chahal and Nijjar can exert some sort of pressure. The rest of our bowling attack consists of:

Evison (17 wickets @ 45.82)
    Leaning (7 wickets @ 49.28)
    Hogan (7 wickets @ 62.71)
    DBD (2 wickets @ 42.50)
    Gilchrist (0-129 this season)
  • Gichrist gone for 2

446-8 off 114.5
  • Swiftly followed by Nijjar and Chahal

446 all out 

59-6 this morning off 19.4 overs. Extremely disappointing. 
  • Middlesex 196 all out with Robson the last man out for 86 (235). So, after we have both batted, we are currently two points behind them. 

446 all out 

Hopefully it's a sign that the conditions are now much harder...
  • Sponsored links:

• 0-1 off 0.3

Hogan strikes
  • live feed sound is about 2 seconds ahead of the pictures!!
  • MrOneLung said:
    live feed sound is about 2 seconds ahead of the pictures!!
    Ideal if you're doing something else while listening to the commentary - you can then watch it live     :)
  • 15-1 off 4 at lunch

446 all out 

Even more disappointing was the fact that 14 of that 59 were extras. 45 runs off the bat with just 25 scoring shots off 118 balls and the loss of 6 wickets. 
  • Hogan strikes again to get Hameed

29-2
  • No live stream here since lunch...Anyone else ? 
  • No live stream here since lunch...Anyone else ? 
    No. Unfortunately. There is a saying involving a brewery but I'm too polite to quote it here!
  • Chahal on first change I see (well I don't for reasons stated) for Gilchrist who appears to have not got back to his best following his long term injury as evidenced by his figures of 31-2-166-0 this season 
  • Sponsored links:

• Bloody hell, Leics have really, really screwed up. Breaks the heart to see Ben Cox get a duck. Worcs are...going up?! 
  • Surprised we've not used Nijjar yet. I can see Leaning and DBD getting a bowl too.
  • edited September 2023
    Lancs 96-3 after a good start, Middlesex have a relatively decent attack
  • edited September 2023
    Surprised we've not used Nijjar yet. I can see Leaning and DBD getting a bowl too.
    He's just come on and went for 8 in his first over

153-2
  • And Nijjar takes his first wicket for Kent - Clarke caught by Leaning off a lofted drive

160-3 off 41.5
  • Nijjar picks up his second wicket - the big one of Mullaney for 86

173-4
  • Surprised we've not used Nijjar yet. I can see Leaning and DBD getting a bowl too.
    Leaning took my hint  ;)

2-15 from 7 overs. 
  • And a third for Nijjar
  • if he went for 8 in his first over, since then 8 overs 3 for 8. Not bad