Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Kent CCC 2023

Comments

• Weather not looking good for most of the day, especially with Middx likely to be washout and them likely to get points for the draw

we really need to try and force a win here.
  • Playing at the moment, other games rain delayed
  • 229-9
    88 overs
  • Notts 37 away from saving the follow on  :#
  • edited September 2023
    265-9 all out

Kent have enforced follow on
  • We are currently one point behind Middlesex who could go back to three points ahead should they pick up another 6 wickets inside the next 68 overs against Lancs. Game still delayed due to rain.
  • It is really getting tight at the bottom - likely to go down to the wire this season - I find the bonus points system a bit of a maze - if we bowl them out in their 2nd innings for (say) 150, do we get additional points for an innings win ?
  • It is really getting tight at the bottom - likely to go down to the wire this season - I find the bonus points system a bit of a maze - if we bowl them out in their 2nd innings for (say) 150, do we get additional points for an innings win ?
    No

5 batting points and 3 bowling points in the first innings are all that are available
  • edited September 2023
    It is really getting tight at the bottom - likely to go down to the wire this season - I find the bonus points system a bit of a maze - if we bowl them out in their 2nd innings for (say) 150, do we get additional points for an innings win ?
    No additional points for winning by an innings - maximum 8 bonus points in first innings (5 batting for 450 runs and 3 bowling for 9 wickets - both inside 110 overs bowled), 5 for a draw and 16 for a win. So 24 points is the maximum a team can achieve which is what we will get should we win. 

Basically, if we win this game and one of our final two other matches we will stay up because Middlesex would have to win two of their remaining three games and that is highly unlikely. 
  • Ok - thanks - understand now 
  • Sponsored links:

• Inspection at 1.15pm in the Lancs v Middlesex game. 
  • Hogan bowls Hameed

19-1
  • Still can't organise anything in that beer producing outlet. Pictures but no sound. 
  • edited September 2023
    Spin to win after just 7 overs with the new ball. Nijjar on - started with two slips plus a leg slip and a silly point (who was then moved to short leg)
  • 20-1 at lunch and still 161 runs behind
  • My dancing shoes are now mothballed until next Spring. 

Fingers crossed they'll be staying in hibernation & our lads won't require any assistance from Fanny to avoid relegation.  
  • 58/1 - Notts seems fairly comfortable

Fingers crossed they'll be staying in hibernation & our lads won't require any assistance from Fanny to avoid relegation.  
    Ahem. Rain stopped play. 
  • They have resumed play at Old Trafford where Lancs are currently 141-3 off 47 overs

Ahem. Rain stopped play. 
    Going back out
  • Sponsored links:

• Wicket to Evison - Mullaney caught by one of the two subs, Arafat Bhuiyan

63-2
  • Two for Evison in the over. Glad to see the curse of the ex works in cricket a well as football
  • edited September 2023
    This is going great guns so far, however having been saddled with the twin curse of supporting Charlton and Kent, well you know what I am getting at………
  • edited September 2023
    Two absolutely shocking shots to get out to too. The lack of celebration from Evison might be a reaction to the fact that he is playing against his old club but, equally, it could partially be a response to the fact that they weren't particularly good balls.
  • What a catch!

Worldie by Zak, 5 down now.
  • double duck for Moores 
  • Double wicket maiden for Hogan.
    Notts 78/5
    Trail by 102
  • edited September 2023
    84-5
    Trail by 97 runs
  • His catching was great for England too this summer, he's super reliable at slip

• Lancs 245-4 and they now have a lead of 51