Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Kent CCC 2023

Comments

• MrOneLung said:
    Can anyone see this line up getting 20 wickets (which we have only done once all season)
    Hope we're wrong but only if the ball takes a lot of spin and Chahal and Nijjar can exert some sort of pressure. The rest of our bowling attack consists of:

Evison (17 wickets @ 45.82)
    Leaning (7 wickets @ 49.28)
    Hogan (7 wickets @ 62.71)
    DBD (2 wickets @ 42.50)
    Gilchrist (0-129 this season)
    They can - one to Chahal now

174-6
  • Surprised we've not used Nijjar yet. I can see Leaning and DBD getting a bowl too.
    Leaning took my hint  ;)

2-15 from 7 overs. 
    Excuse me - he wouldn't be playing if I hadn't persuaded Walks to sign him up following the 2s game last week  :)
  • The ball that Chahal bowled James with was an absolute corker!
  • Are we level with Middx on points yet?
  • edited September 2023
    Pedro45 said:
    Are we level with Middx on points yet?
    No - by my calculation we are still one point behind. There are only 3 bowling bonus points (3-5 wickets, 6-8 wickets & 9-10 wickets) and Middx have 3 wickets to date
  • I can see Middlesex drawing their game, with the amount of play being lost to the weather...
  • edited September 2023
    Nijjar's last 12 overs he's taken 3-13. He's never looked that unplayable in the KPL when I've seen him! 

Edit - he returned 10-3-13-3 & 10-3-26-1 against Bickley last season. Well, not THAT unplayable!
  • Nijjar's last 12 overs he's taken 3-13. He's never looked that unplayable in the KPL when I've seen him! 

Edit - he returned 10-3-13-3 & 10-3-26-1 against Bickley last season. Well, not THAT unplayable!
    Why does he play in the Kent league anyway, rather than one in Essex?? 
  • Unusually, it is raining in Manchester. Lancs are 125-3 and trail Middlesex by 69 runs. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Chahal has a second wicket

200-7

• Nijjar's last 12 overs he's taken 3-13. He's never looked that unplayable in the KPL when I've seen him! 

Finch plays for East Grinstead over in West Sussex
  • Let mop this tail up and enforce the follow on before close
  • Does Fanny have the opposite of her rain making shenanigans?
  • This young Chahal chap seems pretty good - couple of good debuts out there today. 2 more please!

Finch plays for East Grinstead over in West Sussex
    Finch was a Sussex player though so that's historic, whereas Nijjar is from East London end of "Essex" so a long way from Minster
  • Bazball Kent! The great escape!
  • 215-8

3rd wicket to Chahal
  • edited September 2023
    The two players who were signed in the course of the last week:

Chahal 20-3-52-3
    Nijjar   20-3-41-3

219-8 at the end of the day. Notts still 227 runs behind

• The two players who were signed in the course of the last week:

Chahal 20-3-52-3
    Nijjar   20-3-41-3

219-8 

A great bit of work by the Kent management.

Surely (if we can) with the likelihood of rain we have to enforce the follow on tomorrow?
  • Sponsored links:

The same reason, I suspect, that Laurie Evans (Surrey but originally from Blackheath I believe), Joe Parry (left Minster in June but from Essex), Bill Prideaux (Essex) and a few of the ones based in Kent do. 
  • https://www.middlesexccc.com/news/2023/09/middlesex-sanctioned-by-ecb-for-historic-financial-matters

Middlesex have been sanctioned by the ECB, but the points deductions are suspended.
  • Lancs132-3 off 42 overs at stumps so 62 behind Middx
  • Now I wonder if those points deductions would have been suspended had little old Kent been in the same position? 
    Or indeed Durham, who've finally recovered today from their forced demotion
  • Now I wonder if those points deductions would have been suspended had little old Kent been in the same position? 
    And if they do get relegated, will the points miraculously by deducted this season after all?
  • Realistically once we lost a couple of wickets, the run rate to get to 450 within 110 overs would have been too difficult.

I thought it was a shame that Stevo didn't formally retire at the end of last season. He clearly thought another county would pick him up, and it didn't happen.