Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Kent CCC 2023

Comments

• MrOneLung said:
    have we signed Aaron Nijjar from Essex for rest of season ? 
    It seems that way but no announcement whatsoever from what I can see! Edit - there is a tiny comment on "team news" but whether that is for all of the last three games I don't know
    https://www.essexcricket.org.uk/2023/09/10/nijjar-loaned-to-kent/

Rest of the season
  • Absolute scorcher here already 
  • Take plenty of water @moutuakilla. Or other liquid of your choice! The white new seats that have placed those horrible green and well worn ones look great. Hope they are comfortable too. 
  • Strong looking top 5 that. We've won the toss and will bat, no excuses for not getting a few runs today on a boiling day
  • Is there a stream ? Can't see anything on Kent website.
  • edited September 2023
    Pico said:
    Is there a stream ? Can't see anything on Kent website.
    It should be on this link but hasn't gone live yet - it appears to be counting down to 10.45 despite the fact that game started at 10.30!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96P2BXYRLx8
  • Thanks
  • Crawley is playing Bazball and Compton is making an unsuccessful attempt to match him

27-0 off 3 overs!!!

Crawley 20* (11)
    Compton 7* (7)

• MrOneLung said:
    have we signed Aaron Nijjar from Essex for rest of season ? 
    It seems that way but no announcement whatsoever from what I can see! Edit - there is a tiny comment on "team news" but whether that is for all of the last three games I don't know
    https://www.essexcricket.org.uk/2023/09/10/nijjar-loaned-to-kent/

Rest of the season
    Thanks. Jamie was over ours for a bbq yesterday and mentioned it but I said I had not seen any announcement. 

He also said Kent are down so I kicked him out. 
  • Middlesex 5-2, suggesting that they won't be picking up many batting points again
  • Sponsored links:

• 34 minutes ago on Twitter - "We’re working on issues with today’s live stream & hope to have it running shortly"
  • Will lunch be at 12:30 with the earlier start?
  • Compton's been stuck on 15 for an age
  • Middlesex 5-2, suggesting that they won't be picking up many batting points again
    16-3  after 15.4 overs!
    16-3  after 15.4 overs!
    Great run rate that!
  • Middlesex 21-5
  • Crawley on a run a ball 57
  •  Billings is an interesting omission. After the 100 you would have thought he would be riding the crest of a wave 
  • At least survival is now very much in our hands. Middlesex won't get any batting bonus points (for a change) and providing we do so then we will be just two behind them. It's then down to us to get maximum bowling points, win this match and then win one of our final two games. That should be more than enough.  
  • Compton reverting to type while Crawley bats as Crawley bats

94-0 off 27

Compton 18* (92)
    Crawley 71* (70)
  • Sponsored links:

• Slight recovery for Middlesex, now 44-5

Interesting that Luke Wood is bowling for Lancashire, straight from playing for England in the T20s. No idea why Jimmy isn't playing, what are England resting him for?

Interesting that Luke Wood is bowling for Lancashire, straight from playing for England in the T20s. No idea why Jimmy isn't playing, what are England resting him for?
    Lancs can't go down and they can't win the CC so, perhaps, they don't feel they need Anderson and would rather pick him when they do. I think these things are very much a three way thing - Yorkshire would have been desperate for Root to play in that vital CC game last season and England almost certainly wouldn't have stood in his way but he chose to play golf instead. As he did, on at least one occasion, on the day of a Hundred game this season in which he opened the batting with his golfing partner - Alex Hales.  

Lancs can't go down and they can't win the CC so, perhaps, they don't feel they need Anderson and would rather pick him when they do. I think these things are very much a three way thing - Yorkshire would have been desperate for Root to play in that vital CC game last season and England almost certainly wouldn't have stood in his way but he chose to play golf instead. As he did, on at least one occasion, on the day of a Hundred game this season in which he opened the batting with his golfing partner - Alex Hales.  
    They don't feel entirely safe, or else they would have let us have Matt Parkinson!
  • edited September 2023
    Slight recovery for Middlesex, now 44-5

They don't feel entirely safe, or else they would have let us have Matt Parkinson!
    That was a directive from the ECB who want the Test/Hundred hosting side to survive rather than little old Kent. Have to remember, though, that the decision to send Parkinson to Durham was made before their win against Northants which, effectively, guaranteed their safety. He wouldn't have been allowed to play in the final game of the season come what may. 
  • Middlesex's "better" starts this season:

20-5 & 41-4 v Essex
    11-4 & 44-3 v Northants
    48-4 v Kent
    51-4 & 31-3 v Hants
    59-5 & 55-5 v Essex
    19-5 v Lancs
  • Compton reverting to type while Crawley bats as Crawley bats

94-0 off 27

Compton 18* (92)
    Crawley 71* (70)
    96-1 at lunch with Compton falling six short of his 100 (balls that is). Out for 18. Crawley 73* (74)
  • Anyone have a live stream yet ?
  • edited September 2023
    Anyone have a live stream yet ?
    The stream provides a commentary and bizarrely the website has started to show highlights such as boundaries. "⚠ We're working on restoring video feed as soon as possible. commentary via BBC Kent Sport."
  • Anyone have a live stream yet ?
    The stream provides a commentary and bizarrely the website has started to show highlights such as boundaries. "⚠ We're working on restoring video feed as soon as possible. commentary via BBC Kent Sport."
    Thanks, AA.

That's what I'm experiencing.
  • If the weather forecast is right this might be a two day game.