Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Kent CCC 2023

Comments

• 22 overs since a wicket .....

At least Lancs are doing their part
  • edited September 2023
    168-5
    70 overs
    Trail by 16 runs
  • What's the weather forecast tomorrow?
  • What's the weather forecast tomorrow?
    I believe some showers overnight through to midday tomorrow but then bright for the rest of the day.
  • Hopefully make that new ball sing tomorrow 
  • Lancs 330-5 at stumps and a lead of 136. They might struggle to get a result unless Middlesex have one of their infamous collapses. Even if Middlesex draw and they pick up maximum bowling points (4 more wickets inside 22 overs), providing we win we will be 9 points clear of them.
  • 177-5 at close and just 4 runs behind us
  • edited September 2023
    A curious end of day, I think the commentators were getting a bit delirious  :)

We were never going to run through the Notts card easily, they played the spinners badly in the first innings, so clearly have chosen to be more cautious against them second time round.
  • Lancs 330-5 at stumps and a lead of 136. They might struggle to get a result unless Middlesex have one of their infamous collapses. Even if Middlesex draw and they pick up maximum bowling points (4 more wickets inside 22 overs), providing we win we will be 9 points clear of them.
    Providing we win …..

• A curious end of day, I think the commentators were getting a bit delirious  :)

We were never going to run through the Notts card easily, they played the spinners badly in the first innings, so clearly have chosen to be more cautious against them second time round.
    And they played the seamers poorly in the second innings
  • Sponsored links:

• The weather looks good in Manchester tomorrow, so I imagine Lancs will bat on to set 200 in 2 and a bit sessions. Then send Jimmy Anderson on in a Luke Wood mask to skittle Middlesex out.
  • any news on a start time?
  • Covers are off .
  • MrOneLung said:
    any news on a start time?
    11.20am start. 13 overs lost
  • Come on Notts - play recklessly
  • Covers are off .
    Well now get out of bed and watch the cricket  :)
  • Last week, Robin Das of Essex, scored 214 against our 2s. This week he scored 232 against Middlesex 2s. The lad has a bright future. 
  • Hogan takes his 4th wicket of the innings

180-6 and Notts are one run behind
  • And Hogan follows that with his 5th wicket the very next ball

180-7
  • Sponsored links:

• Lancs were 413 all out. Middx are 4-0 and 215 behind. After all the bonus points have been allocated, we are 2 points behind Notts. 
  • Lancs were 413 all out. Middx are 4-0 and 215 behind. After all the bonus points have been allocated, we are 2 points behind Notts. 
    Behind Middx? What are our an their remaining fixtures?
  • Fingers crossed with the weather at both locations. Old T weather has let ENG down, let's hope it benefits Kent today
    But we will be 14 points ahead of Middx should we win and they lose and 9 points ahead if they manage to draw. We have Somerset and Lancs and Middlesex have Warwickshire and Notts
    But we will be 14 points ahead of Middx should we win and they lose and 9 points ahead if they manage to draw. We have Somerset and Lancs and Middlesex have Warwickshire and Notts
    Yes, hopefully we will win today and they lose - the weather forecast at location is looking ok

(I was just checking as you commented 'Lancs were 413 all out. Middx are 4-0 and 215 behind. After all the bonus points have been allocated, we are 2 points behind Notts'
  • "Our" overseas, Ben Lister, is in the NZ side to play England today
  • ross1 said:
    Covers are off .
    Well now get out of bed and watch the cricket  :)
    Worryingly, you know me too well ! 
  • Notts have put on 37 for the 8th wicket. Of those 37, 36 have been scored by the number 9
  • Make that 41 out of 42! Get Chahal on ffs 
  • I really do think that Gilchrist needs to write off this season and spend the next six months or so trying to get himself back to the bowler he has been in the last couple of seasons. Something isn't right and he hasn't looked threatening in the 2s let alone the first team where, in the CC, he has figures of 1-262 with an E/R of 4.65. Quinn, by comparison, who was left out of this game, has 18 wickets at 32 but also a much better and E/R of 2.80 so he isn't leaking unnecessary runs. It's a real shame to see Gilchrist struggling but, for his benefit and that of the team, he should, perhaps, sit out the final two games and take stock.