Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Kent CCC 2023

Comments

• Only following this on here. I see when we finally bought on Chahal, we finished them off, after waiting an eternity, and now our batting regains it's ususal majesty. Can someone check to see if the team are betting against themselves, as today seems to have been that bad it's hard to see any sense in our play.
  • MrOneLung said:
    they were 1 run behind us with just 3 wickets left and we have managed to fuck it up
    78-5
    180-7
    348 all out

That's abysmal. It's like the relegation threatened football team who are comfortably winning 2-0, who then give away a stupid penalty in the 80th minute, and end up losing 3-2.
  • Middlesex game finishes in a draw. Eskinazi who helped them achieve it was a concussion sub too
  • 59-5 Finch gone and still almost 20 overs to go
  • This is an Absolute disgrace 
  • Stopped looking now
  • Warwickshire need 8 runs with two wickets in hand to beat Northants. Thanks, in the main, to their wicket keeper come bowler, Burgess, who is currently 70 not out
  • Middx have drawn against Lancs and are currently 7 points ahead of us. If we can hold out for a draw then we will be 2 points behind them. 
  • 63-5 & 17 overs remaining
  • Sponsored links:

• Warwickshire need 8 runs with two wickets in hand to beat Northants. Thanks, in the main, to their wicket keeper come bowler, Burgess, who is currently 70 not out
    Burgess wins the game with a 6 for 78 not out. Northants are all but down as to give themselves any chance of survival they would have to win both their final two matches and they've only won one game all season. 
  • I laughed at that declaration, but it actually produced a tense and close finish.
  • MrOneLung said:
    Stopped looking now
    I'm too scared to look. Agree with AA, why on earth (polite version!) didn't we bowl Chahal?!
  • Kent and Charlton. Are we mad ?
    It does help being so I can assure you!
  • 72-5 with 13 overs remaining
  • Have we shut up shop now ? Can’t see that run rate being at all possible with Compton there 
  • I thought I had entered some kind of time warp - watching the scores page on the BBC site for both games later yesterday and earlier today, the wickets weren't increasing and I thought my phone wasn't updating. Now is the complete opposite and the number for Kent seems to be ticking over at a rate of Knotts (sorry, hard to include that spelling for a bit of light relief)
  • Have we shut up shop now ? Can’t see that run rate being at all possible with Compton there 
    We did so as soon as Compton came in - we've scored 21 runs in those 12 overs since he did
  • Fighting bravely here, Kent. Survival here would be so inspiring for the last couple of games
  • Sponsored links:

• I'd take the draw now, useless as it may be now.

(Can't be as useless as todays bowling selection and batting have been!!)
  • Cannot believe what’s just happened though, shameful to even draw in the position we were in 
  • Leuth said:
    Fighting bravely here, Kent. Survival here would be so inspiring for the last couple of games
    You rascal you.
  • 73-5 with 6 overs to go. We've scored one run off the last 47 deliveries
  • 73-5 with 6 overs to go. We've scored one run off the last 47 deliveries
    Chris Tavare-esque! I know, he wasn't always like that
  • Montgomery with some very Leuthian offies here. Except I don't chuck it
  • Compton out for 7 off 57

73-6 with 4.1 overs remaining
  • Notts two spinners:

9-8-1-1
  • Notts two spinners:

9-8-1-1
    Inspiring! Spin is an irrelevance in English cricket, they shrieked! Well now, I say!