Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Kent CCC 2023

Comments

• 235-7 and a lead of 54. Hutton has 48 off 47. Nijjar has now come on to bowl. 
  • It is unfathomable that Kent have Yuzvendra freaking Chahal in their side and aren't bowling him at a pesky tailender
  • Northampton have just declared setting Warwickshire176 to win from 60overs. That is  Quite possibly the worst decleration I have ever seen in my life. 
  • Northampton have just declared setting Warwickshire176 to win from 60overs. That is  Quite possibly the worst decleration I have ever seen in my life. 
    Desperate times, desperate measures. They have to win this game or they are, effectively, down and have to encourage Warwickshire not to shut up shop too
  • Middx 35-1 and 184 runs behind at lunch
    Wow. Obviously something has been agreed between the sides, but that seems a suicidal declaration. 200 from 50 is more what I'd have expected.
    Wow. Obviously something has been agreed between the sides, but that seems a suicidal declaration. 200 from 50 is more what I'd have expected.
    It does look reckless at first glance but I just don't think Northants are worried about scoreboard pressure or even losing because they have to win or they are down. That extra 10 overs could give them the option to exert pressure for longer should they get a number of early wickets and mean Warwickshire have more time to have to survive. Almost certainly, Warwickshire will knock the runs off but then they would probably have done that with the less generous declaration anyway. 
  • We are gonna lose ain’t we 
  • These tactics - not bowling a spinner - are unbelievable 
    It does look reckless at first glance but I just don't think Northants are worried about scoreboard pressure or even losing because they have to win or they are down. That extra 10 overs could give them the option to exert pressure for longer should they get a number of early wickets and mean Warwickshire have more time to have to survive. Almost certainly, Warwickshire will knock the runs off but then they would probably have done that with the less generous declaration anyway. 
    Warwickshire 20-4 off 7 overs!!!
  • Sponsored links:

Was this part of the deal? 
  • Leuth said:
    These tactics - not bowling a spinner - are unbelievable 
    Even if the spinners don't take a wicket, the runs are just coming too freely from both ends just using seamers. Chahal and Nijjar have one at less than two runs an over in the match and that in itself might create wicket taking opportunities. They've had an unbeaten 8th wicket stand of 96 and Clarke has just reached his ton

276-7 and a lead of 95
  • Hogan throwing down absolute pies now. This is atrocious, atrocious cricket 
  • Leuth said:
    Northampton have just declared setting Warwickshire176 to win from 60overs. That is  Quite possibly the worst decleration I have ever seen in my life. 
    Was this part of the deal? 
    I don't know about that but I see that Michael Burgess, a wicket keeper, bowled 8 overs for Warwickshire - and only went for 21 which really isn't declaration bowling!
  • Warwickshire 28-5, one imagines that northants have paid Warwickshire off to lose 
  • Warwickshire 28-5, one imagines that northants have paid Warwickshire off to lose 
    All of a sudden 147 off 47 overs with numbers 6 & 7 in looks a bit more daunting
  • The brains trust have decided not to bowl Chahal or even Nijjar but instead make the already tired seamers go round the wicket and bowl short at around or below 80mph. If Kent go down, this is why
  • The definition of madness - doing the same thing over and over again in the hope that a different result at some point will result. Two seamers at both ends, one of which has figures this season of 1-152 in the match and 1-292 this season. 

Nijjar finally coming back on (Chahal must be ill) with the score on 300-7 and a lead of 119
  • Spin both ends now. 
  • You know what, I wouldn’t put it past us losing this. Tail is pretty long. 
  • Sponsored links:

• One to possibly ruin @leuth 's day - Leics, having been 106 all out in the first innings, need 58 runs with 4 wickets in hand to beat Sussex with the 7th wicket partnership currently on an unbeaten 108
  • Middx are 91-3 and still 128 runs behind with 45 overs remaining
  • One to possibly ruin @leuth 's day - Leics, having been 106 all out in the first innings, need 58 runs with 4 wickets in hand to beat Sussex with the 7th wicket partnership currently on an unbeaten 108
    Sussex would be in the promotion race if they won! 

The fact it's Ben Cox hitting them to victory sits a bit less well mind 
  • Warwickshire 62-5 and needing another 114 off 36 overs
  • Leuth said:
    One to possibly ruin @leuth 's day - Leics, having been 106 all out in the first innings, need 58 runs with 4 wickets in hand to beat Sussex with the 7th wicket partnership currently on an unbeaten 108
    Sussex would be in the promotion race if they won! 

The fact it's Ben Cox hitting them to victory sits a bit less well mind 
    See my comments re Ollie Robinson on the England thread. With him in the side they undoubtedly would have done so. 
  • edited September 2023
    The two spinners Chahal and Nijjar combine to run Clarke out

328-8 and a lead of 147 with 40 overs left in the day

• A run out  :D
    They all count!
  •  Been watching the lead and totally forgot about overs remaining !!!
  • Warwickshire 94-6 and need another 82 off 30 overs to win