Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Kent CCC 2023

Comments

• Do you think they will get back on?
  • It's stopped raining, it wasn't vast amounts of rain. The officials are out there

It's really cold though 
  • We're behind on DLS aren't we?
  • Yep. 41 par. 
  • Subsiding again . 
  • 51-3 off 8 overs. Target 150 off 19

• At 54-4 off 8.4 we cannot win if there is any more rain anytime soon because we are so far behind on DLS
  • edited May 2023
    61-5 so it's academic whether it rains or not.

It's raining again incidentally 
  • Going off again, and so am i
  • Sponsored links:

• We woz robbed!!!
  • Feel like I should get a free badge or something for sticking this out. 

"I'm an idiot" or something like that 
  • That said we won the toss and elected to field and would have known that rain was likely at that point. The bowlers did their job but we got ourselves in a right pickle with the bat - run a ball stuff AND losing wickets never really works. I know Henry is good but he isn't so good that we only score 9 runs off his 3 overs and no runs off the bat for 12 of his 18 deliveries.
  • Think the target is 126 off the next 4 and a bit overs. Be entertaining whatever happens

I think the phrase is "pot committed". Or should that just be "committed"?
  • edited May 2023
    53 off 24 to win   :D
  • 49 off 23
  • 53 off 24 to win   :D
    Send Stewart in. Should have come in before now because he is someone who can hit three or four out of the ground in one over.
  • 45 off 22
  • 43 off 21. No boundary that time boooo
  • Sponsored links:

• Aaaand he's gone
  • At least Henry can't bowl another over now
  • 39 off 19
  • Another one bites the dust
  • Come on boys, just 5 sixes and a 4
  • 27 off 12. Easy, easy...
  • 26 off 9. I'm starting to think this might not happen 

The last train back to London is 22:23, so I'd need to leave the ground  by 21:50 at the very latest as it's a decent walk.
  • edited May 2023
    Hogan's a hero? (one for those of us of a certain age) 
  • Ben Compton is playing for Kent 2s today and hit 76 off 48 balls in a T20 against Surrey. He hit 10 fours but not a single maximum proving that, if you have the skillset, it is possible to score quickly without resorting all the time to hitting the ball in the air

The other good news is that both Gilchrist and Quinn are playing which suggests that either or both might be available for selection in 10 days time for our next CC match - if not before should they be needed in The Blast