Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Kent CCC 2023

Comments

• Ben Compton is playing for Kent 2s today and hit 76 off 48 balls in a T20 against Surrey. He hit 10 fours but not a single maximum proving that, if you have the skillset, it is possible to score quickly without resorting all the time to hitting the ball in the air

The other good news is that both Gilchrist and Quinn are playing which suggests that either or both might be available for selection in 10 days time for our next CC match - if not before should they be needed in The Blast
    With Arshdeep Singh about to arrive, and Agar staying on, we'll have a glut of bowlers. 
  • Anyone logged in to tonight's match v Glamorgan ?

I have a picture but no sound....

• FFS we're loving a batting collapse after good starts at the moment
  • Collapsing yet again. Billings so poor
  • Much better score than I thought we'd get after that collapse. Great start by Muyeye again. Above par surely
  • What has Blakey done to hack off Walks ?
  • This is very poor at the moment. They'll be done with a few overs to spare
  • What a shambles this has been 
  • Absolutely pathetic bowling. Club is getting worse
  • There's always the 50 over cup.

And the battle for Div 1 survival to look forward to...
  • Sponsored links:

• Walker will surely go. Is it a question of whether it happens now or at the end of the season, as too many players are underperforming.
  • What has Blakey done to hack off Walks ?
    He should come in for Billings who has scored 133 runs in 14 innings (top score 31) this season. If the boot were on the other foot then I doubt Blake would have got more than four or five innings. 
  • Walker will surely go. Is it a question of whether it happens now or at the end of the season, as too many players are underperforming.
    I keep thinking about this but is cricket fast becoming like football when asking for coaches to be sacked when the team is under performing? Not sure it’s quite the same 
  • When does the cricket season end?
    Not soon enough, Ken !

We should do well in the 50 over comp because we won't, compared to a lot of other counties, lose that many players

We should do well in the 50 over comp because we won't, compared to a lot of other counties, lose that many players
    Surrey lost 19 player's last season so effectively we're playing their 3rd eleven in the competition. 
    This season I think they have had 12 called up.

But at least we have the Hundred 😒😒
  • Long season?
  • Members are meant to get free access to Kent Cricket play aren't they? Can't figure out how to get any option other than paying
  • Sponsored links:

• Sounds like another great over from Richardson to give the momentum very much back to Surrey
  • At least it was a narrow defeat, rather than a comprehensive one
  • Sounds like another great over from Richardson to give the momentum very much back to Surrey
    I expected a lot more from Richardson to be honest
  • Great game 
  • I'd love to know the thinking behind the Hundred that thought that 20/20 needed improving. 
    W@£#££S
  • 4 losses on the bounce. 
    Really unsure why Agar was left out 
  • At least it was a narrow defeat, rather than a comprehensive one
    But when of our batsman hadn't taken 28 balls to score 30 runs because he is desperately trying to find some form, it might have been a different result.

On a personal level, as keen as I am for Ollie Robinson to be successful at Durham it is a real kick in the teeth for us - four innings for them in The Blast, including three 50s with an average of 111 and a strike rate of 157.44 while Billings averages 14 at a strike rate of 107.54.

The writing on the wall was there for all to see. Robinson's heart was with Kent but his head said he had to get away because he knew that Kent would always drop him whenever Billings returned be that from franchise or England duty. And he's been proven right because when a player has a top score of 31 from 15 innings and is still in the side then one has to recognise that Billings is undroppable. Meanwhile, Robinson is keeping brilliantly, scoring runs for fun in both red and white ball at a county where there is a massive centre of influence in the form of the England captain. Not saying he is ahead of Foakes (or Bairstow) but he is cementing his place as next in line alongside Jamie Smith and I have no doubt whatsoever that he will be representing England this coming winter albeit at "A" or Lions level. Whereas had he stayed, he wouldn't even be in the Kent side. 
  • 69 no for Ollie R today. Amongst the top scorers so far this season
  • Thought we fought hard against the Surrey elite today & matched then pretty well.

But with the number of players in their national teams it was never going to be easy. 

Let's see how we fare against Essex on Wednesday...we'll be there cheering on our lads.