Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Kent CCC 2023

Comments

• Daniel's got 9 more balls to get that 100 record
  • Brilliant stuff from these two - both on 51

103-0 off 9
  • Daniel's got 9 more balls to get that 100 record
    He might struggle
  • Disappointing but a great knock
  • Come on Kent!!
  • 95 required from 47
  • Denly gone
  • 135-2 89 req off 42
  • Linde in. After some slogs
  • Muyeye gone
  • Sponsored links:

• What a bounce! The Oval is a Kent fan!
  • Are we watching a highlight reel of wickets or is this live  ? 
  • Brave effort, but this procession was always on the cards. 
  • Opposite of Surrey's innings. Imagine Kent's first 10 overs & Surrey's last 10. 
  • The mighty 'Rey, well done boys :)
  • The mighty 'Rey, well done boys :)
    Get in
  • FFS Bilbo ! Why are you even in the team, let alone captain ! 

Give Jordan the gloves & bring in Blakey for the next match B)

As for putting Linde in before Leaning , Evison &  Stewart ...I can't bring myself to try to answer that conundrum. 

Never mind. When all those "special" Surrey players that Butcher has clearly adopted, run off to The Hundred (spit!) we'll see how the poorer counties do in the 50 overs' comp. 

Oh, and we did win that one last season....

Fuming Fanny of Wadhurst.
  • At least the weather couldn't save you this time like it did at the halfway point a few years ago at Canterbury when we scored 220 with Roy and Finch both making tons. 

Abbot has been in incredible form with the bat this season in the championship, I think he's averaging something like 48 at a strike rate of 120. I was annoyed in yesterday's match that we didn't move him up the order for that very reason. That was something special. Gutted I wasn't there. My Dad and brother were but I have something on early tomorrow that I had to prepare for.

Given we are missing Topley Jordan Pope and Roy (and for some reason refuse to select Moriarty) and neither Overton or TC can bowl we are showing serious form. Kent got a lot very wrong in the second half of our innings but it's easy to let that happen when a guy is having a day like that.

Was starting to wonder when DBD and Muyeye were going but once a wicket fell it would always lead to more as youbhave no time to get your eye in as the rate just gets out of control. Chasing the rate is and always will be the best wicket taker in T20s.

As for Fanny's comment re the 50 over cup, I think we might actually have a solid side to put out this year as we are only losing 12 players to the 100 as opposed to the 19 of last year. That is unless more get picked up last minute.
  • If the match was won by singing then Kent would have won 😉

No noise from the Surrey boys but us Kent lot in the JM Finn stand kept the noise going for the Spitfires

Spitfires 
    Spitfires 
    Hope you enjoyed it @paulie8290
  • Sponsored links:

• edited May 2023
    If the match was won by singing then Kent would have won 😉

No noise from the Surrey boys but us Kent lot in the JM Finn stand kept the noise going for the Spitfires

Spitfires 
    Spitfires 
    I had a Surrey membership until 2007, after this 2020/T20 knocked the stuffing out of cricket for the traditionalists.
    For 15 years I followed them around the circuit, the good old days with numerous 'out' grounds.
    In 1994 I went to Stockton for Durham and two weeks later Middlesbrough for Yorkshire, both midweek and were about 10 Surrey there, great times.
  • LenGlover said:

Spitfires 
    Spitfires 
    Yeah I did thanks was a great evening 

Also beer whilst watching the game what kind of craziness is that 🤣🤣 don't get this kind of stuff at football 
  • edited May 2023
    LenGlover said:

Spitfires 
    Spitfires 
    Yeah I did thanks was a great evening 

Also beer whilst watching the game what kind of craziness is that 🤣🤣 don't get this kind of stuff at football 
    Kent fan drinking out of a Surrey glass :D

• Painful to watch, Richardsons 30 run over was the highlight (or should that read lowlight) and comfortably the worst pile of shyte I have ‘ever’ seen bowled by a Kent player.
  • Good to see our overseas players putting in a shift. . 
  • edited May 2023
    Three guesses whose scores are the ones in italics and whose scores are in bold. Both have batted 12 times this season and as one can see, nine of Mr Italics are lower than the lowest score for Mr Bold and eight of Mr Bold's are higher (including five 50s and one 100) than Mr Italic's highest score of 31. Mr Italics averages 8.58 whereas Mr Bold averages 52.64.

Let's hope Mr Italic starts to turn the corner tonight.

64*

• edited May 2023
    We are trundling down to Canterbury this evening, can’t get away much before 4:45 from Higham so have to hope for a good run, and expect to walk from the old Dover road park and ride. Hopefully can get a seat out of the wind. 
  • I'm thinking Bilbo & Ollie R, AA.

If correct, I know which one I'd rather see tonight...
  • Kane Richardson out due to illness...