Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Kent CCC 2023

Comments

• Is UCCE the old MCCU ? 
    This is Oxford University Cricket Club. The Oxford MCCU used to be one of six Universities that received funding from the MCC but I believe that this has stopped now but I might be 
    I thought I read about the funding being axed. Fowler was complaining about it. 

He must be a bright lad then ! 
  • Surrey hammered Middlesex tonight. Interestingly Tom Curran played as a batter and didn't bowl

• Surrey hammered Middlesex tonight. Interestingly Tom Curran played as a batter and didn't bowl
    We'll be hammering someone else tomorrow night. Any of you Kent folk coming along to witness it?
  • Is UCCE the old MCCU ? 
    This is Oxford University Cricket Club. The Oxford MCCU used to be one of six Universities that received funding from the MCC but I believe that this has stopped now but I might be 
    I thought I read about the funding being axed. Fowler was complaining about it. 

He must be a bright lad then ! 
    Joe's a good player but I've seen that he's actually at Oxford Brookes. The Oxford UCCC incorporates both Oxford and Oxford Brookes Universities. He was also a year younger than I remembered in the Academy (13) but I do not believe that Kent will be doing that again because it was really too young. He was also brought up in Australia and came here after completing his junior education. 
  • It's a bit galling when we win by 7 wickets with 39 balls to spare and then see that we are 2nd in the table on R/R
    Make that 3rd now!
  • It's a bit galling when we win by 7 wickets with 39 balls to spare and then see that we are 2nd in the table on R/R
    Make that 3rd now!
    Booo ! 
    Make that 3rd now!
    Which is why it was correct that Cox went for it, rather than just pushing 1s and 2s
  • /killerandflash said:
    It's a bit galling when we win by 7 wickets with 39 balls to spare and then see that we are 2nd in the table on R/R
    Make that 3rd now!
    Which is why it was correct that Cox went for it, rather than just pushing 1s and 2s
    Well obviously he didn't go for it enough as we couldn't be any lower with our points tally! But yes he was right to do so playing proper shots rather trying to be funky and getting caught hitting straight to a fielder. Equally, two runs a ball is a strike rate of 200. We have the same squad of 13 today and one would think that it will be the same team though any other player would have been dropped following a run of 67 runs in 10 innings.

• Sky showing the Indian premier league again this season instead of 20/20 matches. 

Only reason I can think of is so they can concentrate on the Hundred. 
  • edited May 2023
    We are almost double the price charged by some counties. In fact, you can buy a Blast season ticket for all 7 games at Durham for £70 - just double the cost of watching one Middlesex home game. That and the fact that the game was on TV would explain the sparse crowd.

• Sponsored links:

• Byron "Buzz" Gould is playing for Kent 2s today in a T20. He only made 7 off 11 balls and hopefully will repeat that when he plays for Whitstable against Bickley tomorrow!

https://live.nvplay.com/ecb/#m0e2f1933-6dea-4693-9976-0b364ea5d936_~scorecard
  • I see Atherton's son, Josh de Caires, returned rather decent figures of 4-0-16-1 including the wicket of Marcus O'Riordan
  • Tough match for Kent tonight...just hope they can do it.
  • Gill and Jaiswal are going to munch cricket for breakfast over the next decade
  • edited May 2023
    Sky showing the Indian premier league again this season instead of 20/20 matches. 

Although coverage does seem to start half an hour after the match does. 

• This is the type of game that gives me a hangover just thinking about it. 
  • Uboat said:
    Sky showing the Indian premier league again this season instead of 20/20 matches. 

The start of the Kent game is on Sky Sports Mix Channel 416 with Sky
  • Very confusing ! 

BBC site states 6.30 start . And their text coverage starts at 6.15.

Sky  cricket 404 is showing the match from 7pm....

But Sky Mix 416 is showing from 6.25....

What a performance ! 
  • Leuth said:
    Gill and Jaiswal are going to munch cricket for breakfast over the next decade
    Think you can add Tilak to those two
  • Sponsored links:

• Leuth said:
    Gill and Jaiswal are going to munch cricket for breakfast over the next decade
    Heard a rumour that both have signed for Minster....
  • Spot the irony

• Uboat said:

Cheers mate 👍 
    Watching now
  • Surrey 35-2, both Currans at the crease 
  • edited May 2023
     64-4 off 8.2

Expect there are a few worried Surrey supporters right now
  • 94-5 off 12.2
  • good start. 
  • Surrey looking set to turn this into a decent score now
  • All teams bat down to 9, when all you need from your tail is someone to slog a few