Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Kent CCC 2023

Comments

• Surrey have free multiple camera angle streams for all games
  • Surrey have free multiple camera angle streams for all games

I just knew you would point that out. Which is why I chose not to!!!!
  • It is almost like Surrey are a really wealthy county
  • edited May 2023
  • MrOneLung said:
    It is almost like Surrey are a really wealthy county
    Beat me to it, MOL.

But their "faithful" are not what you'd call "humble".....

Not exactly a level playing field IMO. 

But, hey ! We're not jealous  ;)
  • Hey guys 

I won 2 free tickets for Kent Spitfires game on Wednesday was a competition for Charlton season ticket holders

However I didn't realise the game was at Canterbury and the train journey from mine to Canterbury is 2 and a half hours so it just wont be feasible.

So would anyone on here like those 2 tickets, if so DM me will give them to first to DM me
  • Have any other county started charging for T20 streams?
  • we’re going tomorrow night, last summer we parked in the grammar school near the ground but I can’t see that being mentioned on their website anymore. Does anyone know if it’ll be open for parking tomorrow evening?
  • GD78 said:
    we’re going tomorrow night, last summer we parked in the grammar school near the ground but I can’t see that being mentioned on their website anymore. Does anyone know if it’ll be open for parking tomorrow evening?
    When I booked our tickets for the 4 June game there is, as you say, no mention of parking at the Simon Langton school, but a stress on using public transport. it may be as a consequence of the school being in use at present, and this may change during the summer holiday. The park and ride at dover street is a 15 minute walk (not sure of the frequency of buses), but its all uphill for the return walk...
  • GD78 said:
    we’re going tomorrow night, last summer we parked in the grammar school near the ground but I can’t see that being mentioned on their website anymore. Does anyone know if it’ll be open for parking tomorrow evening?
    When I booked our tickets for the 4 June game there is, as you say, no mention of parking at the Simon Langton school, but a stress on using public transport. it may be as a consequence of the school being in use at present, and this may change during the summer holiday. The park and ride at dover street is a 15 minute walk (not sure of the frequency of buses), but its all uphill for the return walk...
    Buses run every 7 minutes. We were told there are building works being undertaken in the grammar school. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Yes thanks for the info. I've just spoken to the club and it appears that the park and ride or take a chance on street parking are the best options. Thanks again 
  • Kent 2s are playing Essex today in a T20 and our opponents have turned up with a particularly strong side:

•  AM Rossington†
    •  DW Lawrence
    •  MS Pepper
    •  MJJ Critchley
    •  PI Walter
    •  FIN Khushi
    •  RJ Das
    •  SR Harmer*
    •  ASS Nijjar
    •  SJ Cook
    •  JA Porter
    Kent's team:
    •  MK O'Riordan*
    •  TS Muyeye
    •  HZ Finch†
    •  JA Leaning
    •  AM Ali
    •  BD Aldred
    •  TI Hinley
    •  JJ Bazley
    •  HM Khan
    •  JEG Logan
    •  J Singh

Our side includes Leaning and Muyeye - whether this means they aren't going to be playing this week in The Blast or just want to get some practice in (which a few others could do with) I don't know. There are also five non contracted players in the team which is indicative of the difference in strength between the sides.

Assuming that it is the former reason for Leaning and Muyeye playing today, this would suggest that our T20 side on Thursday is going to look something like this:

DBD
    Crawley
    Denly
    Billings
    Cox
    Blake
    Linde
    Stewart
    Qadri/Evision
    Richardson
    Klaassen

• For those that are interested, there is a live stream to the game

https://live.nvplay.com/ecb/#mb4d1d007-7433-4b41-9286-a6977f57b523_~scorecard 
  • Essex don't start in the Blast until next Thursday, as they have a red ball game against Ireland this week, hence the very strong team

We're playing tomorrow which must mean Leaning and Muyeye have been left out. 
  • edited May 2023
    Surprised they have left out Muyeye, especially in the form he is in. He deserves a spot over both denly and dbd, If I was him I’d be incredibly be annoyed. 
  • That really is a strong Essex team

Mind you Jamie doesn't play much T20 these days
  • Surprised they have left out Muyeye, especially in the form he is in. He deserves a spot over both denly and dbd, If I was him I’d be incredibly be annoyed. 
    There is a hierarchy and a clean slate when we switch from red ball to white ball and vice versa. Muyeye should be disappointed especially as he is a better T20 batsman than a CC one at present. However, I would be reasonably confident that he will retain his place for the next CC match in a couple of weeks time and that the same applies to Leaning. The form of Cox and Billings in The Blast should dictate whether either are dropped for that albeit that I believe Crawley will be unavailable at that point anyway.  
  • Essex limp along to 223/4 in their 20 overs
  • It must be quite intimidating to face 6' 7'' Paul Walter with both bat and ball
  • Kent 39/0 off of 3
  • Sponsored links:

• 50 off 28 balls for Muyeye
  • 95-0 off 10 
  • 102/2 off 11

two new batsmen
  • we ended on 177/6
  • Essex don't start in the Blast until next Thursday, as they have a red ball game against Ireland this week, hence the very strong team

We're playing tomorrow which must mean Leaning and Muyeye have been left out. 

Or not

• edited May 2023
    So no Crawley (England), Qadri (not deemed as required) or Klaassen (personal reasons). Must be a straight shoot out be Leaning and Muyeye - they might prefer Leaning because of his option of off spin to the right handers (Muyeye doesn't bowl these days) although Blake can bowl that too. And Hogan or Bhuiyan? 
  • I see Matt Milnes is out injured again with another stress fracture, while Harry Podmore played 2 games for Glamorgan then was dropped
  • So, Blake and Bhuiyan left out from the 13