Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Kent CCC 2023

Comments

• MrOneLung said:
    it's our 1-7 you need to worry about Len
    Can't argue with that!
  • Compton caught at slip for a single

20-1
  • Compton gone for 1. Kent 20-1. Caught in the gully off Clark.
  • 57 needed to avoid an innings defeat.
  • Muyeye clearly got a call from McCullum before he went out to bat. Currently on 30 off 25 balls including 7 boundaries.

57-1 and 27 behind

Crawley 22* (39)
  • Pitch looks a bit green. Is it the pitch? the bowling? poor batting? A bit of all the above?

I guess we will see when Surrey bat

Seems it was the ball. Wait till it gets old and cash in.
  • Muyeye does again what Muyeye does. 42 off 41 of brilliant stroke making and then tries to pull one that is to quick and to close to him

78-2 and just 6 behind now
  • Free tickets

I have a couple of tickets for the T20 match on Wednesday against Gloucester to anyone who wants them, i can either Email or post the tickets to anyone who wishes to go. I already have them printed off and happy to post first class tomorrow. I maybe even be able to email them tonight. If not tomorrow.

PM me if your interested.
  • edited May 2023
    Abbot bowls Agar. It's all very well sending Agar in as night watchman but the effect of that is making the bloke who is virtually top of the averages bat at 8

79-3 
  • And Lawes then bowls Leaning 

80-4 at close and still 4 behind

Crawley 31* (67)
  • Sponsored links:

• Very disappointing last 10 minutes of the day
    I quite enjoyed it.
  • Muyeye will learn and one doesn't want to curb his obvious natural ability but, with just three overs in the day to come, he had to ensure that he was there in the morning. In taking on a bouncer that wasn't there to take on, he effectively opened the door for not one but three wickets. Really hope that he is in the side for our next Championship game in three weeks time and that we resist the temptation to drop him and bring back DBD or Denly as the only way he is going to learn and get better is by playing him. There are other candidates at the moment, in any case, such as Billings or Cox who should go first but, of course, Crawley will be away in any event so Muyeye might well be pushed up the order to open. He's not stranger to doing that job. 
    I quite enjoyed it.
    Me too
    I quite enjoyed it.
    Very disappointing last 10 minutes of the day
    I quite enjoyed it.
    Me too
    I think we need the stewards to throw out the away fans from this thread!
    I quite enjoyed it.
    I quite enjoyed it.
    Me too
    There's only two of them and they come on here for our superior cricketing knowledge. We can't blame them for doing that. 
    I quite enjoyed it.
    I quite enjoyed it.
    Me too
    Nòoòooooooooooooooooo.
  • At least this thread isn't full of Sussex talk, as they've decided to hog the England thread instead  :D
  • I'm holding up my hands, guys. 

Arrived at our hotel in Doncaster ready for tomorrow's U18 match & eagerly tried to log on to see how our lads were doing at the Oval.

Problems in sorting the WiFi and by the time I'd managed to gain access, we were just 1 wicket down and 20+ runs behind. 

Settled down to watch the last few overs ...and was clearly the Jonah that started the mini collapse. Mea culpa. 

Not looking too promising for tomorrow , I fear, but as always, we live in hope. 
  • We cant and wont keep digging ourselves out of holes. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Kent 83-6 now. All over by lunch the way it's going.
  • Billings with a pair.

That Tom Lawes looks useful
  • 107-7 now.
  • 5-15 for Lawes. A bizarre collapse after things were looking so good at one point
  • 56-9 in real terms.
  • 141 all out.

Surrey need 58 to win.

Disaster!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • It's a tough run chase
    Could go either way 
  • Maybe they have got tickets for Fulham this afternoon and wanted to get going.