Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Kent CCC 2023

Comments

• 250 up and a batting bonus point!!!
    Get the champagne out, we have our third batting point of the season!
  • Why is evison not even attempting to farm the strike away from hogan? Incredibly frustrating 
    Never mind… 
  • Excellent ticker from those two
  • Unbelievably, at a delayed tea because there was only one wicket to go, we are 271-9 (from 118-7) and an undefeated partnership of 75 between Evison (76 off 105) with Hogan  (39 off 45)

• LOVIN' this partnership & so happy we now have Joey on board this season.
  • From 105 for 6
    To reach 200 is not a bad effort 
    OK enough is enough 
    Kent are taking the p@#s now.
  • I've decided I don't care about Worcestershire any more. What connection do I have except that my dad grew up in Droitwich? Bunch of useless tossers, no affinity, never seen a match at New Road, whatever
  • Beginning to wish I'd gone down The Oval today. But not until lunchtime!
  • The fact that our 2nd top scorer in this innings is our number 11 only serves to reinforce the performance of our top six
  • Leuth said:
    I've decided I don't care about Worcestershire any more. What connection do I have except that my dad grew up in Droitwich? Bunch of useless tossers, no affinity, never seen a match at New Road, whatever
    But honestly, look at any Worcestershire scorecard from recent years, it's a war crime. Getting eviscerated by Leics today, whoopee
  • Sponsored links:

• Hogan caught behind for 43 (48) off Lawes and we are 278 all out. A great effort from Evison for 77* (106) and a last wicket partnership between the two of 82

Now let's get stuck into the Surrey top order!
  • Leuth said:
    Leuth said:
    I've decided I don't care about Worcestershire any more. What connection do I have except that my dad grew up in Droitwich? Bunch of useless tossers, no affinity, never seen a match at New Road, whatever
    But honestly, look at any Worcestershire scorecard from recent years, it's a war crime. Getting eviscerated by Leics today, whoopee
    I thought, what is @Leuth going on about?, you were about to bowl Leics out the last time I scrolled down to Div 2 scores

Just seen you are 55-9 in reply .....
  • Hogan carries on with the ball where he left off with the bat and traps Burns LBW

25-1
  • Burns still hasn't scored a 50 against Kent. Can we play him every week?
  • Let's hope Pope fails at the Oval for a change

And only makes a small hundred, rather than a daddy one!
  • edited May 2023
    Let's hope Pope fails at the Oval for a change

And only makes a small hundred, rather than a daddy one!
    Pope now averages over 100 First Class cricket at The Oval and that is the highest at one ground for any player who has scored 2,000 plus runs
  • 88-1 at close so Surrey are still 190 behind
  • The only question in my mind, is were batting conditions genuinely harder in the morning, or was it just bad batting and good bowling? It certainly seems pretty easy now
  • Hoping for a great start for our bowlers in the morning before we leave for Barnsley. 
  • It's an easy game isn't it? England vice-captain averaging over 100 on the ground, snaffled like nothing
  • Sponsored links:

• (not all of his remaining FC wickets will be that soft, mind)
  • edited May 2023
    Arafat has his first wicket in First Class cricket. And none other than the England number 3. Self infliction from Pope though as he charges Arafat and flicks it straight to Stewart at mid wicket. Pope only averages at the Oval 97 now!

109-2
  • That was quite soft as well mind
  • And another to Arafat - he gets Smith caught at second slip by Leaning

125-3

• Leuth said:
    That was quite soft as well mind
    It was but the ball was in the right area and it's not as if he's buying his wickets. He's gone for just 28 in 10 overs
  • Anyone recall when Joe Denly had a row on Twitter a few years ago in saying that there was no one playing in the Kent League who was worthy of playing in the Kent first team. Times have changed and there is a certain irony. 

What the presence of Arafat and others that are now playing as a result of the South Asian Cricket Academy proves is what I have been saying for years and that is that the ridiculously high percentage of private school boys that get selected for county age group and then England pathways has always been rancid. The argument thrown out, very often, is that a lot of these boys get spotted and then get scholarships. But what about all those that don't get spotted because they don't play cricket at school and don't play for the "right" clubs?   
  • Ripping catch that 
  • (if it was one) 
  • Great catch by Leaning to dismiss Sibley which is the subject to a bit of dispute but it's a wicket to Evison nonetheless 

152-4 at lunch and we are in the game