Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Kent CCC 2023

Comments

• Leaning has his 50
  • Minimum of 16 overs left. Kent 237-4 41 needed to make Hampshire bat again.
  • Cox and Leaning doing a good job . Close to 60 balls left 
  • 252-4 minimum of 12 overs left
  • Hants have metaphorically waved the white flag with Vince bringing himself on to bowl. He hasn't bowled for at least two seasons. 
  • Hants have metaphorically waved the white flag with Vince bringing himself on to bowl. He hasn't bowled for at least two seasons. 
    Sshh, that has "Cox chases a filthy long hop and smacks it straight to Cover Point" written all over it!
  • Looks like they've shaken hands and agreed the draw.
  • Some decent, much needed minutes with the bat for our lads, especially our Zak.

A pity our next match is against the Champions who seem to be continuing where they left off last season. 

We can but hope....
  • How did they get a draw out of that mess.... Well done and to leaning for stepping up. 
  • A disciplined performance in the second innings. 

Yes conditions were harder on Thursday, but it's another one of our regular failings to bat worse in the first innings than the second, thus failing to get batting points again.
  • Sponsored links:

• Some decent, much needed minutes with the bat for our lads, especially our Zak.

A pity our next match is against the Champions who seem to be continuing where they left off last season. 

We can but hope....
    Our next two CC games are against Surrey, which seems odd fixture scheduling. Indeed within the next month we'll play them twice in the CC, and twice in the Blast
  • Boom said:
    Are any games being played at Beckenham this year? Don’t really follow Kent but will go to a game there as it’s local. Think they normally play some T20s?
    As far as I am aware all the home CC and T20 Blast games are being played at Canterbury and all the One Day Cup 50 over home matches are at Beckenham
    Only 2 50 over matches are played at Beckenham, with 3 in Canterbury. And presumably any knockout games will be played in Canterbury

We can but hope....
    Our next two CC games are against Surrey, which seems odd fixture scheduling. Indeed within the next month we'll play them twice in the CC, and twice in the Blast
    We requested that as a cost saving on petrol  
  • Boom said:
    Are any games being played at Beckenham this year? Don’t really follow Kent but will go to a game there as it’s local. Think they normally play some T20s?
    As far as I am aware all the home CC and T20 Blast games are being played at Canterbury and all the One Day Cup 50 over home matches are at Beckenham
    Only 2 50 over matches are played at Beckenham, with 3 in Canterbury. And presumably any knockout games will be played in Canterbury
    Together with nothing at TW  the reason I didn't renew my membership. Short sighted in my view
  • redman said:
    Boom said:
    Together with nothing at TW  the reason I didn't renew my membership. Short sighted in my view
    By all accounts TW needs an upgrade to bring the facilities up to ECB standards. It isn't owned by Kent but the TW Borough Council and I'm not sure that they are prepared to fund that so there appears to be a bit of an impasse. For that reason, I'm not sure whether county cricket will ever return to The Nevill in the same way as it stopped being played at the other out grounds such as Folkestone, Dover, Blackheath, Gillingham, Gravesend, Dartford, Maidstone etc etc 
  • What Kent need now is an easy game up next. 
    Not sure who they have though 
  • What Kent need now is an easy game up next. 
    Not sure who they have though 
    Its in the bag mate
  • redman said:
    Boom said:
    By all accounts TW needs an upgrade to bring the facilities up to ECB standards. It isn't owned by Kent but the TW Borough Council and I'm not sure that they are prepared to fund that so there appears to be a bit of an impasse. For that reason, I'm not sure whether county cricket will ever return to The Nevill in the same way as it stopped being played at the other out grounds such as Folkestone, Dover, Blackheath, Gillingham, Gravesend, Dartford, Maidstone etc etc 
    https://www.kentonline.co.uk/canterbury/sport/downton-tunbridge-wells-return-still-in-kent-plans-264416/

Covid was the reason last year for Kent not returning to Tunbridge Wells

It's not a big ground, but I'm sure Tunbridge Wells week made a good financial return with all the hospitality income there.
  • edited May 2023
    redman said:
    Boom said:
    https://www.kentonline.co.uk/canterbury/sport/downton-tunbridge-wells-return-still-in-kent-plans-264416/

Covid was the reason last year for Kent not returning to Tunbridge Wells

It's not a big ground, but I'm sure Tunbridge Wells week made a good financial return with all the hospitality income there.
    We'd all convene at Fanackapan Towers for a pre match drink & nibbles, then all aboard a mini bus to take us to The Nevill with transport back to your vehicle or rail station of choice afterwards. 

Let's start a petition..... :)

And no, you're not invited, @blackpool72 !!
  • 😳😳😳
  • Sponsored links:

• Very happy when I saw our second innings.  We badly needed to get some runs on the board. 
  • My God……24 boundaries (all 4’s), off 678 deliveries!
    Is that some kind of record for Kent….albeit an unwelcome one?
    It must have been absolutely turgid viewing……I suppose one has to say well done, though that first inning was absolutely dreadful to say the least.
  • What we demonstrated in the second innings is that the rest of the batsmen can dig in as Compton invariably does. In doing that, they curbed their natural attacking tendencies that gets them in trouble in the first innings of our matches. Earn the right and then you have a chance of compiling a decent score. Go too hard too early and you will end up being skittled. 

• What we demonstrated in the second innings is that the rest of the batsmen can dig in as Compton invariably does. In doing that, they curbed their natural attacking tendencies that gets them in trouble in the first innings of our matches. Earn the right and then you have a chance of compiling a decent score. Go too hard too early and you will end up being skittled. 

Walksball not as effective as Bazball
  • My God……24 boundaries (all 4’s), off 678 deliveries!
    Is that some kind of record for Kent….albeit an unwelcome one?
    It must have been absolutely turgid viewing……I suppose one has to say well done, though that first inning was absolutely dreadful to say the least.
    Not in the context of the match from a Kentish viewpoint. A draw was an achievement given Kent's appalling first day, and good defence was the best way to achieve it. Cricket is not all about boundaries.
  • Not sure what to make of our chances in that competition this year. Not having qadri will be a huge loss i think ! 
  • Blackheath's Arafat Bhuiyan has signed pro terms for this season and goes straight into the squad for tomorrow's game against Surrey. He's 26 and played a season for Bickley in the Kent League too but has done well in the Kent 2s this season. We wish him well.

https://www.kentcricket.co.uk/news/arafat-bhuiyan-signs-pro-terms-for-2023-season/
  • Blackheath's Arafat Bhuiyan has signed pro terms for this season and goes straight into the squad for tomorrow's game against Surrey. He's 26 and played a season for Bickley in the Kent League too but has done well in the Kent 2s this season. We wish him well.

https://www.kentcricket.co.uk/news/arafat-bhuiyan-signs-pro-terms-for-2023-season/
    He's a lovely guy and a decent quick-ish bowler. I'm very pleased for him. I'm doing Blackheath on Saturday so may be able to congratulate him then!