Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Kent CCC 2023

Comments

• This run of poor form with the bat will also cost Billings any chance of an England Test call up. The choice now is surely between Foakes or Bairstow
  • This run of poor form with the bat will also cost Billings any chance of an England Test call up. The choice now is surely between Foakes or Bairstow
    I really don't think Billings was ever in with a realistic shout. Smith and Robinson are already ahead of him. I'm sure that Billings recognises that which is why he was prepared to relinquish the gloves to Cox - which he wasn't prepared to do last season and why Robinson left. 
  • edited May 2023
    I was SO looking forward to a summer of cricket....
    I love the way the Charlton football season has transformed so seamlessly into the cricket season. A whole season of watching Charlton and sort of hoping for theseason to end, and here we are in mid may and my feelings about the cricket are now roughly the same.

sigh
    I really don't think Billings was ever in with a realistic shout. Smith and Robinson are already ahead of him. I'm sure that Billings recognises that which is why he was prepared to relinquish the gloves to Cox - which he wasn't prepared to do last season and why Robinson left. 
    Last summer Billings was definitely the reserve to Foakes. A strong start to the season with the bat, and he definitely would have been in the picture. Indeed I suspect he gave up the gloves in this match, partially so he could concentrate more on his batting.

Both Smith and Robinson are very inexperienced, I can't see England using either in an Ashes series. Jamie Smith isn't even keeping for Surrey at the moment because of Foakes, while Robinson has never played for any England team.
  • I was SO looking forward to a summer of cricket....
    I love the way the Charlton football season has transformed so seamlessly into the cricket season. A whole season of watching Charlton and sort of hoping for theseason to end, and here we are in mid may and my feelings about the cricket are now roughly the same.

sigh
    To be fair, in each of the last two season, Kent have at least won something and at times in those seasons we never looked like doing that. Whereas Charlton never looked like achieving anything and did just that. 
  • I'm supposed to be going on Saturday. Will it last that long?
  • LenGlover said:
    I'm supposed to be going on Saturday. Will it last that long?
    You will have to ask Fanny if she's doing any dancing in the interim!
  • Leuth said:
    A certain player is looking a million dollars...

Can't be talking about any Worcestershire batsmen. They are 28-5!
    109 all out - their top 6 made just 25 between them. Let's hope we beat that. 
  • Unsurprisingly batsmen are struggling across most games
    Unless you happen to be Middlesex and playing Surrey. Currently 160-1
  • We are back out playing
  • Sponsored links:

• I am resigned to Muyere being our top scorer this innings
  • I gave and cane home, sure it have anything to do with the whinging women who once the sun went in complained non stop that she was cold.
  • Pop out for 10 minutes and come back to find that Cox and Evison are out

80-6
  • MrOneLung said:
    I am resigned to Muyere being our top scorer this innings
    All depends if Leaning runs out of partners
  • LenGlover said:
    I'm supposed to be going on Saturday. Will it last that long?
    You will have to ask Fanny if she's doing any dancing in the interim!
    TBH  I'm too depressed to think about dancing 

Pinning my hopes on our U18s tomorrow to give me a lift. 

Sad old gal !
  • edited May 2023
    MrOneLung said:
    I am resigned to Muyere being our top scorer this innings
    All depends if Leaning runs out of partners
    Forget that notion. Leaning out for 24 off 95 balls. Muyeye still out in front on 28.

94-7
  • Stewart caught behind

94-8
  • Pardon my ignorance but who is this Fuller ?
  • The end is nigh..

94-9
  • Sponsored links:

• Qadri comes out in sympathy with the rest of the batsmen and chips it to mid on for a duck

94-9
  • This is beyond pathetic 
  • Never fear!

We'll skittle 'em out for 400...
  • All out 95
  • Pardon my ignorance but who is this Fuller ?
    He is 33 now and has played for England Lions but was born in South Africa and lived in NZ, playing for their U19s. Has been at Hants for three or four years
  • Just 155 runs short of getting a batting point
  • Yashasvi Jaiswal is playing some shots in the IPL right now I can tell you. Joe Root is shaking his head in disbelief from the dugout
  • Leuth said:
    Yashasvi Jaiswal is playing some shots in the IPL right now I can tell you. Joe Root is shaking his head in disbelief from the dugout
    13-ball 50. Second fastest in pro cricket history
  • Leuth said:
    A certain player is looking a million dollars...

Can't be talking about any Worcestershire batsmen. They are 28-5!
    109 all out - their top 6 made just 25 between them. Let's hope we beat that. 
    So we couldn't even do that and have surpassed all efforts this season!

Our scores, in ascending order, this season:

95 AO
    128 AO
    158 AO
    186 AO
    222 AO
    227-3
    281 AO
    342-7

It's been the same issue for years. On roads most of our batsmen do well but the second there is a bit of nip the poor technique of many of them get found out. It's also the reason why the ECB have requested good, fast tracks for the Ashes though the one thing they won't be able to control will be the weather.

• Leuth said:
    Leuth said:
    Yashasvi Jaiswal is playing some shots in the IPL right now I can tell you. Joe Root is shaking his head in disbelief from the dugout
    13-ball 50. Second fastest in pro cricket history
    I haven't been watching it but I see that he is on 54* (19) with the score is 59-1 and that Buttler was out for a duck and Samson has just a single to his name