Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Kent CCC 2023

Comments

• WTF is going on……it’s extremely embarrassing if you ask me!
  • Both these two managed to get tons in the Kent League on Saturday

May be an image of 2 people and text that says W SPITFIRE SPITFIRE
  • edited May 2023
    I was out all day yesterday but good to see from the scorecard that Crawley seems to have adopted the "occupy the crease" modus operandi (35 runs off 79 balls and just three boundaries) rather than the Bazball approach. Hope that he and Compton bat all day doing just that. 
  • edited May 2023
    Hundred opening partnership. Keep going boys!

103-0

Crawley 45* (112)
    Compton 45* (116)
  • Crawley reaches his 50
  • Compton does likewise

120-0

Crawley 56* (131)
    Compton 51* (131)
  • Crawley's patient innings comes to an end as he loses that patience

122-1

Crawley 56 (133)
    Compton 53* (133)
  • And Muyeye goes 4th ball to Dawson too. Caught at silly point at the second attempt. 
  • Are any games being played at Beckenham this year? Don’t really follow Kent but will go to a game there as it’s local. Think they normally play some T20s?
  • Sponsored links:

• We are 156 behind with 77 overs to go
  • edited May 2023
    Boom said:
    Are any games being played at Beckenham this year? Don’t really follow Kent but will go to a game there as it’s local. Think they normally play some T20s?
    As far as I am aware all the home CC and T20 Blast games are being played at Canterbury and all the One Day Cup 50 over home matches are at Beckenham
  • Nice one cheers.
  • Oh dear. We are, once again, in freefall. Compton out LBW for 54 (144)

122-0 to 126-3
  • 146-3 at lunch and 132 behind. Effectively, we will have to bat for the vast majority of the final two sessions. 

Leaning 7* (28)
    Billings 13* (27)
  • Billings LBW for the fourth consecutive innings for 29 (61)

183-4 and 95 behind

Leaning 24* (81)
  • I don't expect it, but there's no reason why Kent can't bat all day to save the match
  • 202-4 at tea and now 76 behind

Leaning 38* (123)
    Cox 5* (57)
  • Is it minimum number of overs left? 
  • redman said:
    Is it minimum number of overs left? 
    35 I believe
  • Sponsored links:

• I went yesterday and Kent did their usual of picking up 5 wickets or so and then allowing the middle and late order to rescue it. On the day Hants were 54-5 at one point yet (159-5 actually) yet went on to score 373 a lead of 278! Crawley and Compton did apply themselves well though which was encouraging to see.

I see no reason in theory why we shouldn't be able to bat this out and get the draw.

We went in the Cornwallis Suite for a pleasant carvery and Chris Cowdrey (President this year) had a table in there.

The sun didn't really come out till around 5pm but with the added overs from Friday we finished around 7:15pm.

A pleasant day and I need to get there more often than I do.
  • edited May 2023
    redman said:
    35 I believe
    Martin Saggers is one of the umpires. I expect him to end play due to bad light if we're 9 down
  • redman said:

There will (with added overs) be 110 overs or so as opposed to the normal 96 if yesterday is indicative.
  • redman said:
    35 I believe
    Martin Saggers is one of the umpires. I expect him to end play due to bad light if we're 9 down
    Vince wasn't happy with his lbw decision yesterday :)
  • Cox is doing exactly the right thing for us but, with 6 runs off 75 balls, I don't think that he's going to grab McCullum's attention. 
  • Can we lol @ Yorkshire again please? 
  • 25 overs to go
  • Cox is doing exactly the right thing for us but, with 6 runs off 75 balls, I don't think that he's going to grab McCullum's attention. 
    We need to grind out a draw, but a few runs would be nice. If we are bowled out with 2 overs to go, a big difference between still being behind, and being say 25 runs ahead
  • Well Cox knows how to throw a dummy at least. Abbas bowls him a short one, for some reason I can't quite fathom the keeper goes down the leg side to take it but Cox actually edges it through first slip - problem for Hants is that they had a second and third slip and left that area for the keeper to cover!
  • Minimum of 20 overs left.