Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Kent CCC 2023

Comments

• Comfortable for Kent. Never really had to push it once they recovered from the bad start.
    Still needed Cox to get the runs. That was a gem of an innings
  • Do we know how many players we're losing to the summer crisp tournament?
  • Hampshire lose, so we're only 2 points behind them now, with a game in hand. Crucial game on Thursday vs Essex, with Middlesex on Friday a bit of a gimme. 
  • I said that we wouldn't win six of our final seven games to qualify. Might have to eat a big slice of lovely humble pie. 
  • I was thinking how is it possible for Middlesex to lose all 10 of their T20 matches? They aren't a good side and do have a good few youngsters coming through but even so. Then I looked at the mode of defeat and some of these have been very close - by 2, 4 and 5 runs respectively. Those matches are coin tosses and it looks they called wrong every time. Let's hope they do so on Friday! 
  • I was thinking how is it possible for Middlesex to lose all 10 of their T20 matches? They aren't a good side and do have a good few youngsters coming through but even so. Then I looked at the mode of defeat and some of these have been very close - by 2, 4 and 5 runs respectively. Those matches are coin tosses and it looks they called wrong every time. Let's hope they do so on Friday! 
    Middlesex will get hammered tomorrow to soften them up for Friday. 
    Glad to help.

Their loss to Sussex at Lord's was snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. Stevie Eskinazi basically held the entire innings together but couldn't get strike for the last over and Tymal Mills kept it tight.
    Middlesex will get hammered tomorrow to soften them up for Friday. 
    Glad to help.
    If Middlesex beat Surrey tomorrow, someone will be running out of an Indian bookmakers very happy  ;)
  • https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/65988108

Our one time player Paul Nixon has effectively been sacked as Leicestershire coach...
  • Sponsored links:

• As he has been released, perhaps we could sign Matt's twin brother, Callum too. We would then have a leggie (Matt), a left armer (Callum) and an offie (Qadri) to pick from in different codes. 
  • Anyone streaming tonight ?
  • No klaasen - out injured. Gutted. His return was the start of our run.
  • My first (and only) game of the season.
  • And there's the first wicket 🙂
  • Just turned on the Essex streaming  as they lose their first wicket.

Farcical that everyone has free streaming except Kent
  • Essex 5-1 off 1.2 overs

• It's raining boundaries after two tight overs to start
  • Lawrence showing the sort of jammy luck all Surrey players get.
  • By the way, a word from our sponsors ...

This evening's updates are brought to you in association with .Newcastle Brown, Doom Bar and Captain Morgan.

Essex 40-1 from 4 overs
  • Sponsored links:

• And another wicket!

Agar slapped to mid off.

40-2
  • Meanwhile Surrey are 191-1 off 14 overs against Middlesex!!!
  • Leaning steals a wicket, lbw.

8 overs gone, 65-4.
    Going to declare soon
  • Oh dear, Joe on to bowl ...
  • Six off the first two balls of the 13th over, Essex 105-4 ...

... but rain starting to fall ...
    Now slumping to 220-6. 
    Now slumping to 220-6. 
    Tuff game 
    Could go either way 
  • Essex manage to give away wicket after wicket