Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Kent CCC 2023

Comments

• Oh, Joe ! 

I despair.
    Today wasn't his worse dismissal this season but he's just not giving himself a chance to get in. Including his one pre season innings, he has a total of 77 red ball runs to his name from 11 innings and that includes a 14 and a 45. The other 9 innings amount to 18 runs in total and includes no less than 5 ducks.  
  • Middlesex 2s were 528 all out. Jas Singh, following his 8 wickets in the last match, has been made captain for this match and was the pick of the bowlers once again with figures of 24.5-2-109-5
  • Compton with a very tentative shot to be caught and bowled by Harmer on the stroke of lunch for 47

92-4

• edited July 2023
    Compton with a very tentative shot to be caught and bowled by Harmer on the stroke of lunch for 47

92-4

How many times does this happen to our batters ? 

Even when playing for England, Zak is culpable ! 
  • I'd just like to apologise to the players and management at Charlton Athletic por previously implying that supporting Charlton and Kent is somehow similar. This cricket season is proving to be much much worse than the football I watched last season, and that is a really low bar to jump.
  • Leaning gone too now for 27. Cook has figures of 9-5-11-3

100-5

100-5
    Another one bites the dust....

Should we have put Essex in when we won the toss ? 

100-5

Difficult to say because had we done so and they'd racked up 450 plus we would have looked a bit silly. At least two of the dismissals were very soft and 100-3 would have been acceptable. 

100-5

Difficult to say because had we done so and they'd racked up 450 plus we would have looked a bit silly. At least two of the dismissals were very soft and 100-3 would have been acceptable. 
    And there's another soft one as Evison leaves one and is bowled

124-6
  • Grant Stewart isn't for dying wondering is he? 16 off 14 including two 4s and a 6

147-6
  • Sponsored links:

• Porter bowls Cox with a beauty for 31

167-7
  • And yet another unnecessary dismissal as Stewart puts a short one from Porter straight down the throat of fine leg for 34 (45)

186-8
  • Quinn decided to get out in sympathy with Stewart for 4, a third wicket for Porter

194-9

• 200 up. Woohoo!!!!
  • 207 all out. Arshdeep stumped. Qadri left stranded on 19* (31)

Yet another game with zero batting points though
  • FFS - Family WhatsApp group getting set to mute once again

• MrOneLung said:
    FFS - Family WhatsApp group getting set to mute once again

Is Jamie P giving it the biggun?
  • McBobbin said:
    MrOneLung said:
    FFS - Family WhatsApp group getting set to mute once again

Is Jamie P giving it the biggun?
    Not really, but I am finding it harder and harder to justify calling us Mighty Kent rather than just Kent
  • although I would hazard a guess he has taken more wickets against us than any other county
  • If someone said to me that Essex were 46-0 and that one opener was 8 off 49 and the other was 38 off 52 I'm not sure that I would have got Browne and Cook the right way round
  • Sponsored links:

• If someone said to me that Essex were 46-0 and that one opener was 8 off 49 and the other was 38 off 52 I'm not sure that I would have got Browne and Cook the right way round
    Just get 'em out !!!!!
  • edited July 2023
    If someone said to me that Essex were 46-0 and that one opener was 8 off 49 and the other was 38 off 52 I'm not sure that I would have got Browne and Cook the right way round
    Just get 'em out !!!!!
    70-0 I think answers the question as to whether this wicket is a 207 all out track or not
  • 106-0 off 37 at close so just 101 behind
  • Today sums up where the 2 sides are at the moment in red ball. 
  • Another poor day for Kent.
  • edited July 2023
    Probably one of the most depressing times the club is going through in the 20 years I have been watching….  personally think we are better off hoping we get relegated so we can start to rebuild properly, as constantly struggling in division one is doing no favours to any of these players. Whatever happens from now until the end of the season, a Complete overhaul is needed from top to bottom.
  • Whether there is an appetite for change at the top, driven by those at the top, is debatable. 
  • Probably one of the most depressing times the club is going through in the 20 years I have been watching….  personally think we are better off hoping we get relegated so we can start to rebuild properly, as constantly struggling in division one is doing no favours to any of these players. Whatever happens from now until the end of the season, a Complete overhaul is needed from top to bottom.
    Normally we start slowly then improve. Last season for example we ended up 5th in Div 1, and in the previous season after a terrible 1st phase in the Bob Willis, ended up winning Div 3 of the second phase.

Really frustrating that the triple century for DBD seems to have crocked up, as we really miss his runs at the moment.
  • Whether there is an appetite for change at the top, driven by those at the top, is debatable. 
    Downton is retiring / resigning so I agree who will drive any change?

• LenGlover said:
    Whether there is an appetite for change at the top, driven by those at the top, is debatable. 
    Downton is retiring / resigning so I agree who will drive any change?

Downton's replacement presumably. Some fresh blood is definitely needed, it feels like the end of an era.