Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Kent CCC 2023

Comments

• Wicket to Leaning

431-7
  • 458-8 Dec, lead 251
  • edited July 2023
    Muyeye LBW 0

4-1 off 5 overs at close and 247 behind
  • Nope, there is no cricket south of Manchester this week. 
  • The Kent social media team are for some reason concentrating on Zak rather than the Essex game  :D
  • Kents day I think 
  • Stewart said:
    Kents day I think 
    Alright Grant.
  • Compton (34 off 110) and Finch (48 off 100) have shown some real backbone this morning

91-1 at lunch off 38 overs but still 160 behind
  • Northants have already lost to Somerset 

Middlesex have followed on against Surrey and are still 165 behind

Notts are 45-2 and still need 366 to win
  • At least we got through one session without losing a wicket! Well batted Compton and Finch.

More of the same please.
  • Sponsored links:

• Compton out for 39 (122). Finch has his 50 (105)

102-2 and 149 behind
  • Leaning adjudged LBW for 6 (42) off Harmer. Must have been very close to being outside the line of off stump

132-3 and 119 behind

Finch 72* (139)
  • Middlesex are 108-3 and still require another 87 to make Surrey bat again

Notts are 107-4 and still 300 needed to beat Hants
  • Cox out plumb LBW for a 17 ball duck albeit with a calf injury and Muyeye running for him. Denly is also injured and there is a question mark as to whether he will be batting. Finch hanging on in there on 83* (152)

143-4 and 108 behind
  • 177-4 at tea and 74 behind

Finch 97* (179)
    Evison 16* (38)
  • Middlesex are 158-5 and still require another 37 to make Surrey bat again

Notts are 144-4 and still 267 needed to beat Hants
  • Finch reaches his hundred off the fourth ball after tea. Due reward not just for his perseverance today but also for serving his "apprenticeship" in turning out for every single 2nd XI game prior to his first team call up.  
  • Great stuff, Finchy ! 

Now don't get injured ! 
  • Finch out for 114 (228) slog sweeping Harmer. He will be very disappointed by the dismissal but he did show some real grit today. Denly has come in to bat

219-5 and 32 behind now 
  • Poor Denly is out cheaply once again (7 off 7). Came down the track and is caught at slip. He didn't think he hit it (in which case it must have been vicious turn out of the foot holes) but the Umpire thought otherwise.

228-6 and still 23 behind 
  • Sponsored links:

• With potentially DBD, Denly, Cox, O'Riordan and Gilchrist all out injured, Agar returning to Australia and Billings taking time off before The Hundred, I wonder what sort of side we will be able to put out against Notts starting on Tuesday? 
  • Can someone tell me it's going to rain all day tomorrow?
  • Can someone tell me it's going to rain all day tomorrow?
    It's going to rain all day tomorrow. I'm saying this in the same way as you see those signs in some pubs "Free Beer Tomorrow" because tomorrow never comes!
  • In the 2s game that has just finished, at least two players were wearing "STEWART" on their back simply because that was the only shirts available for a couple of the players. I'm not sure that the batsman that has come out in the 1s game is actually Grant Stewart either because this batsman has one run off 25 balls!!!
  • And guess what then happens! Stewart goes 4, 4 and out caught on the boundary off the third ball. What really is the point of that especially with Evison on 50 not out at the other end? 

250-7 and one run needed to make Essex bat again

• Essex have to bat again
  • We finish the day14 runs ahead with 3 wickets in hand

Evison 56* (135)
    Qadri 7* (33)
  • We finish the day14 runs ahead with 3 wickets in hand

Evison 56* (135)
    Qadri 7* (33)
    BUT I'm assuming they've claimed a further half hour ? 

Played 12 or 13 different players & now this....WTF !!!!
  • Apologies...I was watching our stream muted as the other eye on the Test match on the TV.

But nothing would surprise me in Essex's desire to win this ! 
  • Typically, it looks like there will be enough time for a result in Essex before the rain comes down