Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Kent CCC 2023

Comments

• Robin Das has replaced Browne as a "like for like" concussion replacement and is currently partnering Sir A Cook
  • Robin Das has replaced Browne as a "like for like" concussion replacement and is currently partnering Sir A Cook
    A much faster replacement I imagine!
  • Dan Lawrence is back in the Essex team too 
  • I'm also not sure why but Cox isn't on the pitch and Finch is keeping wicket. Arshdeep just bowled one so wide that Finch had to dive to second slip to stop it!
    A much faster replacement I imagine!
    Das was in the original XI. Then Dan Lawrence was released by England and replaced Das in the side. Now Browne is out and Das is back in. It's like musical chairs at Essex!!!! 
  • We have a wicket. Lazy shot by Das and he is caught behind by Finch off Arshdeep

117-1
  • Arshdeep follows up by trapping Westley LBW

125-2
  • running through them

First innings lead forthcoming.

• MrOneLung said:
    running through them

First innings lead forthcoming.

137-2 and now 70 runs behind us
  • Sponsored links:

• Sir Alastair should have been made to commentate on the BBC this week instead of playing for Essex...
  • As much as our batting has been mostly woeful this season, the fact that we are currently in our 10th match of the season and the leading wicket taker in our side has just 14 wickets this season demonstrates that we haven't been very good with the ball either. 
  • edited July 2023
    The Knight has been taken by the Quinn -LBW for 87

158-3

• The Knight is no more. LBW Quinn 87

158-3

Shame I'm not a very multi functional Fanny...

Test match on the TV, catching up on the Takeover thread on my laptop  whilst popping over to the stream every so often....thus missing out on all 3 wickets taken this morning. 

On reflection, maybe it's my neglect that prompts the dismissals ? 

May have to rethink my modus operandi. Why is life so complicated ? 
  • And Qadri gets Lawrence LBW too

170-4
  • And Qadri gets Lawrence LBW too

170-4

I claim that wicket ! 

Was watching Zak survive via a review ! 

Come  on, Kent !!!!
  • 178-4 at lunch and 29 behind
  • Cox isn't keeping because he has a slight and his ankle and calf are strapped but should be fit to bat
  • Win toss on a cloudy grey day and choose to bat - Floodlights on within an hour of start
    Jack Leaning got something else to do on Friday or Saturday?
    Idiocy or worse?
  • 232-4 and Essex lead by 25 
  • Sponsored links:

• Leaning not impressed with that decision.

Was it a fair catch, AA ? 
  • Leaning not impressed with that decision.

Was it a fair catch, AA ? 
    That was bizarre. Rob Bailey, the Umpire, must have thought that the batsman missed the ball and it came off the gloves of Finch. It was definitely out in my opinion. 
  • 3rd wicket to Arshdeep. The previously fortunate Walter is bowled

241-5  
  • 280-5 

Essex lead by 73
  • We will struggle to get a draw out of this.
  • Qadri bowls the dangerous Rossington

291-6
  • 307-6

The lead is exactly 100
  • Northants following on against Somerset 73-4, still 98 runs behind.

Middlesex 109-4 against Surrey
  • 400-6
    I Wouldn’t bother following it anymore if I was you mate, you’re only making yourself feel worse.