Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Kent CCC 2023

Comments

• 14 man squad for tomorrow's 50 over game against Yorkshire. We are missing Billings, Denly, DBD, Cox, Crawley, Muyeye and Klaassen:

why so many out? The 2nd innings against Notts was 'disappointing' to say the least!
    terrible scheduling for the 50 over game as the 100 also starts today !!
  • Muteye being tipped by some T M S pundits as a 'bolter' for the England trip to India
    As great as that would be, purely for his development, I would think that it would be better for him to go on an England A tour and play rather than carry the drinks in India. We have to remember that this is a lad who has only played 16 First Class matches with a total of 844 runs to his name - he has the one ton (179 against a Northants attack which DBD took for 300) and whilst he is 22 he really does not have many miles under him - James Rew is three years younger and has played more matches than Muyeye.  
  • 15 runs off 39 balls for Compton, fascinating stuff 
  • Muteye being tipped by some T M S pundits as a 'bolter' for the England trip to India
    As great as that would be, purely for his development, I would think that it would be better for him to go on an England A tour and play rather than carry the drinks in India. We have to remember that this is a lad who has only played 16 First Class matches with a total of 844 runs to his name - he has the one ton (179 against a Northants attack which DBD took for 300) and whilst he is 22 he really does not have many miles under him - James Rew is three years younger and has played more matches than Muyeye.  
    Rew was another being heavily touted as a future England 'star' .. the experts still have doubts about his keeping .. as you say he is just 19 ! .. lots of time to develop .. it's bowlers we (England) really need to show that they have international potential, both pace and spin
    I though Crawley wasn't even our best opener?! I'm sure I read that on here before the Ashes!
    Blake suffered similarly and eventually gave the game up - 4 off 16 and he hits one straight up and is caught by the keeper

44-3 off 14
  • Awful shot from Blake.. But Coad is bowling is unplayable at times.. Finch just for a cracker
  • Finch caught behind for a duck from a brute of a ball from Coad who now has figures of 8-3-11-3

49-4 off 15
  • edited August 2023
    Muteye being tipped by some T M S pundits as a 'bolter' for the England trip to India
    Rew was another being heavily touted as a future England 'star' .. the experts still have doubts about his keeping .. as you say he is just 19 ! .. lots of time to develop .. it's bowlers we (England) really need to show that they have international potential, both pace and spin
    I'm amazed that Ollie Robinson isn't being touted. He is definitely on England's radar as one of two next on the rank as keeper/batsman - 764 runs, averages this season 58.76 and has the fastest strike rate of anyone who has scored 200 plus runs of 85.45. If that isn't Bazball then I really don't know what is!
  • edited August 2023
    Make that 49 -4.

This is a nightmare ! 
  • Sponsored links:

The discussion on TMS yesterday was about the Ashes in 4 years, rather than India.
  • Now 49 - 4.

What a nightmare.
  • Four slips for Compton in the 19th over!!!
  • Coad finishes with figures of 10-3-16-3

60-4 off 19
  • Coad definitely a player who in another era would have England caps
  • Leuth said:
    Coad definitely a player who in another era would have England caps
    It might not be too late for him but his lack of real pace might have been his downfall. His lifetime 236 wickets have been taken at under 20 and this season he has 26 wickets at 17.57 and a rather impressive ER of 2.38. Another though who has had more than his fair share of injuries. 
  • edited August 2023
    Muteye being tipped by some T M S pundits as a 'bolter' for the England trip to India
    I'm amazed that Ollie Robinson isn't being touted. He is definitely on England's radar as one of two next on the rank as keeper/batsman - 764 runs, averages this season 58.76 and has the fastest strike rate of anyone who has scored 200 plus runs of 85.45. If that isn't Bazball then I really don't know what is!
    he got an 'honourable mention', there again between the 'experts' and the 'emailers/texters' so did about 50 other county pros, well got mentioned at least.
    Be good to have Alastair Cook as a selectorial adviser, as a still current player he gets first hand knowledge of all the 1st Division talent, though he has a very Essex bias 
  • 84-4 off 25
  • 50 (84) for Compton

• 151-4 off 35

Compton 64* (100)
    Evison 55* (61)
  • Sponsored links:

• Decent recovery from 49-4 off 15 but the final 10 overs will define how good a score we get now

191-4 off 40

Compton 80* (113)
    Evison 78* (78)
  • Superb hundred for Evison off 84 balls
    Joey seems to relish the 50 overs comp.
  • edited August 2023
    Superb hundred for Evison off 84 balls
    To be fair to the lad he bats at 7 in both the CC and Blast. I'm sure he will eventually move up the order in both. He opened in the Final last year and scored 97 but is batting at 6 this time round. 
  • 300 plus looks on now
  • 239-4 off 44
    To be fair to the lad he bats at 7 in both the CC and Blast. I'm sure he will eventually move up the order in both. He opened in the Final last year and scored 97 but is batting at 6 this time round. 
    Definitely more a batting all rounder than a bowling one.
    Definitely more a batting all rounder than a bowling one.
    I agree. Just a shame that he hasn't played and bowled more with Stevo because he would almost certainly improve for the experience in doing so given the fact that Stevo was exactly the same for the first part of his career. 
  • Evison out for a superb 136 off 106 balls

268-5 off 47.4
  • Evison has really become quite a player. I wonder if he fancies becoming backup to Jordan Clark rather than playing Div 2? Might even get a hundred contract out of it! Most of our fringe players seem to!  ;)