Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Kent CCC 2023

Comments

• 80-0 off 10
  • Parkinson gets a wicket with his first ball - a long hop - caught by Blake on the boundary. Danger man Budinger the one to go for 67 off 47.

116-1 off 17.1
  • A second wicket to Parkinson. Lewis caught off a top edge by Stewart

128-2 off 20 
  • Qadri joins the spinners' party by having Patel caught and bowled for 50 off 67. Leics have gone from 116-0 to 128-3 and have two batsmen at the crease who have faced one ball between them
  • 174-3 off 30
  • I keep losing the stream. Buffering rules OK!!!
  • I keep losing the stream. Buffering rules OK!!!
    Me too ! 

Bu**er ! And  I don't mean buffer ! 
  • Wicket off Handscomb to Bazley for 87. We are going to be chasing plenty though.

259-4 off 40
  • Not even any commentary now ! 

Has a tsunami hit Beckenham ? 
  • Not even any commentary now ! 

Has a tsunami hit Beckenham ? 
    Appears to be back again now. Answers on a postcard for how long though!

• Sponsored links:

• Gilchrist looks as though he'd welcome a tsunami.....
  • Gilchrist looks as though he'd welcome a tsunami.....
    I feel sorry for the lad. Whether it is being he is so under cooked I don't know but whenever I've seen him this season it really has looked like a struggle for him. 
  • It says it all about how things have gone for us today that Mulder becomes the 5th of Leicestershire's six batsmen to reach 50. Their captain, Hill (3), the odd man out. 

335-4 off 47
  • Mulder caught off Bazley for 67 off 35
  • Final total 380-5. We will do well to chase that down. The stream has finally finished me off!!! 
  • 381 to win. 

And we WON the toss ! 

But AA will advise whether who batted first doesn't matter on this pitch....

• 381 to win. 

And we WON the toss ! 

I don't think it does matter. Looks a typical Beckenham wicket - flat as a pancake. Just ask Sean Dickson (318) and Joe Denly (189) who put on 382 for the second wicket out of 701-7 there some six years ago! Of course, when you have to go at 7.60 an over there is always likely to be scoreboard pressure especially if Compton ends up playing one of his usual innings. 
  • 381 to win. 

And we WON the toss ! 

I don't think it does matter. Looks a typical Beckenham wicket - flat as a pancake. Just ask Sean Dickson (318) and Joe Denly (189) who put on 382 for the second wicket out of 701-7 there some six years ago! Of course, when you have to go at 7.60 an over there is always likely to be scoreboard pressure especially if Compton ends up playing one of his usual innings. 
    Indeed.

I'd forgotten about that mega stand...

Trying to be positive but think I'll be dipping in & out of our innings. Don't have the stamina for watching every ball bowled.

Lightweight  :|
  • 381 to win. 

And we WON the toss ! 

Indeed.

I'd forgotten about that mega stand...

Trying to be positive but think I'll be dipping in & out of our innings. Don't have the stamina for watching every ball bowled.

Lightweight  :|
    Me too. The stream makes it incredibly hard work. 
  • Jesus Christ, if anyone gets a chance have a look at that decision on leaning… probably the worst I have ever seen  
  • Sponsored links:

• 67-6 after 16 overs. Might be a bit difficult to win this 😫
  • 100-7 after 20.3 overs
  • I've just looked for the first time since we lost O'Riordan and rather wished I hadn't

116-9
  • Make that 116 all out. We lose by 264 runs. That has to be close to a record defeat for us in a 50 over game!
  • Wow. That's a shocker.
  • Went to support the guys today and put some hard earned cash into the clubs coffers.

Unfortunately a live Charlton and Kent double this weekend didn’t materialise. 

• Personally, I would not shed a tear if the hundred was discontinued next season. As it stands currently the 50 over competition is fast becoming an irrelevance.
    However, the ECB has invested too much money in the hundred, so it just won’t happen. 
  • This is what happens when you lose your best player's to play in an absolutely shit competition called the Hundred. 
    I used to love the 50 over competition but now it's a joke. 

#fuck the Hundred 
    Much as the 100 annoys me, all counties are in the same boat, indeed we won this competition last year despite losing several players.
  • This is what happens when you lose your best player's to play in an absolutely shit competition called the Hundred. 
    I used to love the 50 over competition but now it's a joke. 

#fuck the Hundred 
    Much as the 100 annoys me, all counties are in the same boat, indeed we won this competition last year despite losing several players.
    Yes but Kent have massive finances. 

As a poor Surrey fan we have no chance. 

Ducks for cover.