Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

**GAME OFF** Morecambe vs Charlton Athletic | Saturday 10th December 2022 - 3pm | Match Torture

Comments

• This news has made my weekend.
  • Sorry for all those that travelled, but from a selfish point of view I'm pleased as I wanted to go to this one but couldn't. In terms of possible dates for rearranged fixture, both teams are out of the FA Cup so you would think either 7th (3rd round) or 28th Jan (4th) could be a possibility. The 7th is a train strike day though, so it would be nice if that could be taken into account in deciding the new date. Any chance of that happening?
  • Sorry for all those that travelled, but from a selfish point of view I'm pleased as I wanted to go to this one but couldn't. In terms of possible dates for rearranged fixture, both teams are out of the FA Cup so you would think either 7th (3rd round) or 28th Jan (4th) could be a possibility. The 7th is a train strike day though, so it would be nice if that could be taken into account in deciding the new date. Any chance of that happening?
    We have Lincoln at home on the 7th and Bolton at home on the 28th. Both teams are also out of the Cup 
  • First time I have been quite happy that a game is off
  • At last.... some good news.
  • shirty5 said:
    Sorry for all those that travelled, but from a selfish point of view I'm pleased as I wanted to go to this one but couldn't. In terms of possible dates for rearranged fixture, both teams are out of the FA Cup so you would think either 7th (3rd round) or 28th Jan (4th) could be a possibility. The 7th is a train strike day though, so it would be nice if that could be taken into account in deciding the new date. Any chance of that happening?
    We have Lincoln at home on the 7th and Bolton at home on the 28th. Both teams are also out of the Cup 

Haha, and I always wondered why I got sacked as the Fixtures Secretary of my cricket club...
  • Richard J said:
    Really pleased about this being called off.

Hopefully it will be rearranged for a time when we will be in form.
    Sorry mate, the game needs to be played this season.
    I'm in Lytham. It is cold up here. Drove past a big lake about an hour ago and it was frozen oven.
    Maybe it needs to be switched on first?
    they need to get @Briston_Addick up there to thaw the pitch as he is on fire....
  • Richard J said:

Look-into-the-future GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY
  • Sponsored links:

• Given our current downward trajectory at the moment, this is great news, at least it means we can give the players a rest and work on stuff, given this is a 6 pointer, any idea when it’s rearranged for, the Brighton home game perhaps? 👀
    We can't beat one team, so I hope we don't have to play both at the same time. 
  • Richard J said:

2024?
  • Match Torture - quality title
  • Can we rearrange this for April when the weather is warmer. A coastal visit will be quiet nice then
  • Excellent ! we can be shit next weekend instead. 
  • Fuck me. We're in Blackpool for the weekend and going to the match. Never mind more beers in The Castle and Soul Suite, Ma Kellys and the Vic. All make the Millers look classy. Happy days 😎

• Richard J said:

2038 August
  • Hope Sandgaard didnt pay for accommodation up there after the Stockport game.

Now that would be funny
    He did.
    I'd make them stay after the Stockport fiasco.
  • Sponsored links:

• zero degrees in Morecambe ? .. very bracing
  • real shame for those with accommodation  and / or trains booked
  • Fuck me. We're in Blackpool for the weekend and going to the match. Never mind more beers in The Castle and Soul Suite, Ma Kellys and the Vic. All make the Millers look classy. Happy days 😎

Bet its freezing walking down the front.

actually a bit warmer tonight in Lytham than it was during the day, so much so that when it precipitated this evening it was rain.

Went to Blackpool in July and it was cold then, heaven knows what it's like tonight! Enjoy the Soul Suite!
  • The best result we could hope for.

• se9addick said:
    shirty5 said:
    Heads up for anyone going that the games at Carlisle, Crewe, Rochdale and Accrington have already been called off due to Frozen pitches 
    Hoping it’s not called off - my first away of the season so looking forward to it. Given that lots of other matches in the frozen north are biting the dust I’m pretty concerned. 
    I bloody knew it. F**k supporting this club these days. At least we won’t lose.
  • se9addick said:
    se9addick said:
    shirty5 said:
    Heads up for anyone going that the games at Carlisle, Crewe, Rochdale and Accrington have already been called off due to Frozen pitches 
    Hoping it’s not called off - my first away of the season so looking forward to it. Given that lots of other matches in the frozen north are biting the dust I’m pretty concerned. 
    I bloody knew it. F**k supporting this club these days. At least we won’t lose.
     Yeah it's the clubs fault?! I know we can blame the club for many things, but I'm not sure the weather is one.

Quite warm up the back though so it's swings and roundabouts.

I'm sorry 

actually a bit warmer tonight in Lytham than it was during the day, so much so that when it precipitated this evening it was rain.
    Do you live in Lytham? My sister lives in St Anne's...does the floral decorations at the station.