Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Argentina v France .. Sunday December 18 2022 .. World Cup Final

Comments

• Options
    Gonzalo Montiel will make a good pub quiz question 
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:
    What happens to the country/golden boot bets if the golden boot is a tie?
    They both wear it round their necks for six months 
    You mean 2 years?
  • Options
    Oh well, France gave it a good go. Once a dirty cheating Argie always one, that will never go away 
  • Options
    Cheating any way you can to get to victory. 

Embarrassing from Martinez. 

Cheering on the Argies like they're Charlton. Pathetic.
    Keep crying babe 🤣
  • Options
    Get a grip some of ya. Best last 40 minutes if you like, up until then, other than the Argentinian’s second goal, bang average. 
    Argies were awesome first 70 minutes 
  • Options
    Mbappe nearly won a fucking World Cup on his own. Next level player
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Doesnt bother me about the Goalkeeper antics

Its a test of the mind - He's found a way to get into the heads of the opposition, its the issue of the bloke who misses, not the Goalkeeper if it works... Didnt seem to bother two of the French penalty takers
    No it's cheating plain and simple. 
    What rule is Martinez breaking?
  • Options
    A hat-trick and the first penalty but lost.

Mendonca is still the king.
  • Options
    I don't think we'd have had the bottle to compete in a game like that. 
  • Options
    Aguero - full kit wanker 
  • Options

Its a test of the mind - He's found a way to get into the heads of the opposition, its the issue of the bloke who misses, not the Goalkeeper if it works... Didnt seem to bother two of the French penalty takers
    Imagine crying this much watching a game as a neutral. Embarrassing 🤣
  • Options
    Annoying but at least it was an amazing game, was basically expecting a boring Argentina win after an hour, so to have a very exciting game with the same result is still better.
  • Options
    So which game was best: this or our FA cup replay against Stockport?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2022

"The defending goalkeeper must remain on the goal line, facing the kicker, between the goalposts, without touching the goalposts, crossbar or goal net, until the ball has been kicked."
    So no rule to say how he conducts himself when walking to the goal line then?

No rule to say he cant touch the ball before they go and stand on the goal line...?
  • Options
    Martinez also made save of the tournament in the 121st minute
  • Options

If it were Pickford you'd be noshing him off...
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

If it were Ramsdale you'd be noshing him off...
    Corrected for you
  • Options

"The defending goalkeeper must remain on the goal line, facing the kicker, between the goalposts, without touching the goalposts, crossbar or goal net, until the ball has been kicked."

No rule to say he cant touch the ball before they go and stand on the goal line...?
    Unsporting conduct, same as it is when anyone throws/kicks the ball away during a stoppage in any minute of any game.
  • Options
    Considering how patriotic he was about his country, it is a bit of a shame maradonna isn't present to witness this world Cup win
  • Options

I would say if a goalkeeper walks up to the spot and throws the ball off it. I would imagine it's an offence. Which is why the referee booked him the second time he was going to do it. 

Unless you're saying the referee was wrong for booking him? 
  • Options
    Great final. Argies probably deserved it overall as the French only really woke up in the last 10 minutes of normal time although they could have won it right at the end and Mbappe was great in Extra Time. Got to be pleased for Messi. A great end to an enjoyable World Cup
  • Options

Unsporting conduct, same as it is when anyone throws/kicks the ball away during a stoppage in any minute of any game.
    Trouble is, that rule is connected to time wasting, and players get booked not because of unsporting conduct, but because the referee deems that they're deliberately trying to slow the clock down - There is no clock in a shootout.