Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Argentina v France .. Sunday December 18 2022 .. World Cup Final

Comments

• Options
    Are we gonna have a post match thread as well that goes on for the next three days...
  • Options
    Doesnt bother me about the Goalkeeper antics

Its a test of the mind - He's found a way to get into the heads of the opposition, its the issue of the bloke who misses, not the Goalkeeper if it works... Didnt seem to bother two of the French penalty takers
    No it's cheating plain and simple. 
    What rule is Martinez breaking?
    "The defending goalkeeper must remain on the goal line, facing the kicker, between the goalposts, without touching the goalposts, crossbar or goal net, until the ball has been kicked."
    So no rule to say how he conducts himself when walking to the goal line then?

No rule to say he cant touch the ball before they go and stand on the goal line...?
    Unsporting conduct, same as it is when anyone throws/kicks the ball away during a stoppage in any minute of any game.
    Trouble is, that rule is connected to time wasting, and players get booked not because of unsporting conduct, but because the referee deems that they're deliberately trying to slow the clock down - There is no clock in a shootout.
    Show me where in the rules that is....
  • Options
    cafctom said:
    I wanted Argentina to win (for Messi alone)

However, had France won that shootout - would have still come away with the biggest smile on my face having watched what will be remembered as possibly the greatest World Cup game ever.

If you’re a neutral whinging about anything having watched that entertainment, then I feel sorry for you. Because it doesn’t get better than that. 
    England winning the world cup,?
  • Options
    What a game - undoubtedly the best World Cup final of at least the last 30 years.
  • Options
    Argentina commentator basically composing a poem there after the winning kick
  • Options
    cafctom said:

However, had France won that shootout - would have still come away with the biggest smile on my face having watched what will be remembered as possibly the greatest World Cup game ever.

If you’re a neutral whinging about anything having watched that entertainment, then I feel sorry for you. Because it doesn’t get better than that. 
    Yeah it does, exactly the same but France score at the end...!
  • Options
    WTF Aguero doing there? At least John Terry was part of the squad. 
  • Options
    cafctom said:

Completely agree.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Its a test of the mind - He's found a way to get into the heads of the opposition, its the issue of the bloke who misses, not the Goalkeeper if it works... Didnt seem to bother two of the French penalty takers
    "The defending goalkeeper must remain on the goal line, facing the kicker, between the goalposts, without touching the goalposts, crossbar or goal net, until the ball has been kicked."

No rule to say he cant touch the ball before they go and stand on the goal line...?
    Unsporting conduct, same as it is when anyone throws/kicks the ball away during a stoppage in any minute of any game.
    Trouble is, that rule is connected to time wasting, and players get booked not because of unsporting conduct, but because the referee deems that they're deliberately trying to slow the clock down - There is no clock in a shootout.
    Nah cant be arsed... will leave you and SELR to get stroppy over every little infringement
    "I'm wrong but won't admit it..."
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    Leuth said:
    Argentina commentator basically composing a poem there after the winning kick
    US commentator (Argentina-born) went even more, um, loco EDIT: two posts ago!
  • Options
    Fair play to Mbappe too, put his country on his back.

• Options
    So fucking happy. What a game that was. So pleased for the goat.
  • Options
    edited December 2022

Nah cant be arsed... will leave you and SELR to get stroppy over every little infringement
    When does EVERY piece of unsporting conduct get picked up on - How long does a Goalkeeper go in a game @ Charlton without getting picked up on for their constant delaying of taking a Goal kick - Is that not unsporting conduct by time wasting?
  • Options
    WTF Aguero doing there? At least John Terry was part of the squad. 

I think he's on Messi cock sucking duties whilst Messi's not on the pitch to give British football commentators a bit of respite.

Loved the bloke and the greatest since Maradona and glad he's won it but ffs you'd have thought he'd pulled out a panenka for his penalty the wait the comms creamed themselves.
  • Options
    edited December 2022

When does EVERY piece of unsporting conduct get picked up on - How long does a Goalkeeper go in a game @ Charlton without getting picked up on for their constant delaying of taking a Goal kick - Is that not unsporting conduct by time wasting?
    If every foul isn't given it doesn't mean it's right not to give them?  Odd.

You asked what the offence was, I told you, you've pretended it's not an answer, let's leave it there.

Great game, shame Argentina won.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    "M'Bappe doesn;'t hug his children in public....and perhaps that was the difference tonight Gary."
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Mbappe nearly won a fucking World Cup on his own. Next level player
    This is unfair on Kolo Muani actually. It was those two (and Coman, a bit) versus Argentina
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    "See the way he hugs his children...amazing...such class.  Different level of embrace. So deft".
    Greatest father in the World. No one else could possibly compare to how he picked his child up. So classy. 
    Cnut wants to try and brainwash 4 fucking Cnut sons to support Charlton successfully then he can talk to me , whilst living in Essex surrounded by spurs West Ham and arsenal twunts 

• Options
    Best World Cup for years, that.
  • Options
    "See the way he hugs his children...amazing...such class.  Different level of embrace. So deft".
    Greatest father in the World. No one else could possibly compare to how he picked his child up. So classy. 
    Cnut wants to try and brainwash 4 fucking Cnut sons to support Charlton successfully then he can talk to me 

Child abuse!!

• Options
    They actually gave Messi the man of the match award. Jesus christ. 
  • Options
    Scaloni the youngest coach since 1978 to win the tournament.

The third coach to win both Copa America and the World Cup, first Argentine to do so.
  • Options
    Great news we lost to the runners up two world cups running