Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Argentina v France .. Sunday December 18 2022 .. World Cup Final

Comments

• Options
    Really hope France win as I don’t want Argentina anywhere near the trophy. I want to see Messi crying at the final whistle.

Disappointed watching Mbappe throw himself to the ground several times in the semi conning the ref so hope he cuts that out.
    Do you have him in a treble with Suarez and Neymar?
  • Options
    Despite my admiration for Messi, it's overruled by my hatred for Argentina. Even putting aside past demeanors, they're still a bunch of dirty cheats, going in late on players, then as soon as anyone gets within 5 yards of them, going down more enthusiastically than a junior secretary at a xmas office party.

Also, I predicted a France v Brazil final and France to win, so it would be nice if I at least got something right. 

Having said, I don't care enough to watch it and took up the offer of working this Sunday
  • Options
    3pm kick off just doesn’t seem right for the World Cup Final 
  • Options
    Seemed alright in 66.
  • Options
    As with this entire tournament, I really couldn’t give a tuppenny toss either way. 
  • Options
    Dislike both countries so don't care too much who wins. If forced to choose I'd choose France as Argentina have often behaved appallingly on and off the pitch since 1966.

I remember the shock and criticism from some when Alf Ramsey described the Argentinians as 'animals' after our quarter final against them when Rattin became the first man to be sent off in a World Cup match if memory serves me right. That was 1966 and they have been just as bad on and off the pitch many times since. The French are what they are but it would be an achievement for them to retain the World Cup and we would be able to say we narrowly lost to the winners and could (even should) have beaten them.
  • Options
    Feels nothing like WC Final day. A week before Christmas and an afternoon KO. Shite. 

Got French mates so I want France to win. 

That'll be Argentina's cup then.     
  • Options
    Come on France
  • Options
    Feels nothing like WC Final day. A week before Christmas and an afternoon KO. Shite. 

Got French mates so I want France to win. 

That'll be Argentina's cup then.     
    Thanks for this I've been thinking it's a 7pm kick off for some reason. You've got me out of a couple of hours Christmas shopping! :)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hate em both but from day one it’s been Argentinas World Cup and can’t see any change today

all I hope for is penalties penalties and more penalties I want someone to suffer huge heartbreak and turmoil 

fuck em both ,
    it should have been our bite at the cherry if we could have avoided playing anyone better than us , twas ever thus 
  • Options
    As galling as it is to want the Argentina football team to succeed I would like Messi to win a world cup.

If it wasn't for that I'd want the French to smash them.
  • Options
    I just want to watch a dramatic entertaining football match 

A 98 playoff style 4-4 match would be good to watch as a neutral!
  • Options
    My missus doesn't get the love-in for Messi. Neither do I to be honest. He has only played for two of the world's richest clubs, about whom neither of us care a jot, football would probably be a better place without clubs of their ilk. Argentina - no connection whatsoever, and they happily cheated us in '86. 

He was fortnate enough to be born with a god-given talent, he is a billionaire, who has narrowly avoided jail for tax evasion. He has won every other honour the game can bestow and he's not bad looking. 

As she said, he's had enough breaks in life. Let someone else have a turn.    
  • Options
    My missus doesn't get the love-in for Messi. Neither do I to be honest. He has only played for two of the world's richest clubs, about whom neither of us care a jot, football would probably be a better place without clubs of their ilk. Argentina - no connection whatsoever, and they happily cheated us in '86. 

He was fortnate enough to be born with a god-given talent, he is a billionaire, who has narrowly avoided jail for tax evasion. He has won every other honour the game can bestow and he's not bad looking. 

"Let someone else have a turn" is why it's important France don't win though. Sadly I fear they'll grind it out
  • Options
    Absolutely despise both of them. Couldn't give a shit who wins it and haven't watched a minute since England went out.
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    Lost 99% of my interest when England went out. I prefer France to Argentina given the history with the Argies, but that doesn't go far enough to excite me into supporting them.No interest in Messi winning the WC he 'deserves' - he's been rubbish in other world cups- and will have better stuff to do than watch a match the outcome of which leaves me indifferent.
  • Options
    Allez les Bleus for me too. Don't give a monkey's about whether Messi wins it or not and think on balance they've been the best team. 
  • Options
    Based on experience within the modern world dating industry, I can inform charltonlife that both Argentine and French women very much love physical intimacy and they are instantly very open and direct about how much they warm to it. 
    They are the best of the best. For a lot of reasons.

I think that's why I really like both France and Argentina, I like their culture, openness, style, behaviour and would love to travel Argentina starting from the cold south coast
  • Options
    Looking forward to it, it’s been a good World Cup (on the pitch) and hoping for a great final to top it off.

Don’t get the dislike of the two teams/countries, would like Messi to win it but think it’ll be France.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Someone has to win it unfortunately and I'm hoping it's the argies with the goat finally lifting the world cup.
  • Options

I think if you don't watch messi play constantly it's hard to relate, but I've followed his career and he is just unbelievable to watch and on a different level to anyone else in my generation at least. 

He has given a lot people joy watching him play so would be nice for him to win it today. 

I wouldn't say he deserves this world cup as whoever comes out victorious today would of earnt it. 

Hoping for a good game and Argentina win.
  • Options
    edited December 2022

What a strange post.

worlds best player plays for richest clubs , makes sense to me.

what kind of club do you want to keep? Us?

i don’t think he was born with the ability to play like he does, that's practice and dedication
  • Options
    Aside from the obvious of it being a big deal about Messi potentially getting the trophy finally, there’s a really interesting narrative being told about the team around him.

A lot of those players grew up idolising Messi when they were kids, and whilst they also want to win the World Cup for themselves, they are now also intent on doing absolutely everything to help him get the prize. 

It’s an absolutely fascinating World Cup story.
  • Options
    cafctom said:
    Aside from the obvious of it being a big deal about Messi potentially getting the trophy finally, there’s a really interesting narrative being told about the team around him.

A lot of those players grew up idolising Messi when they were kids, and whilst they also want to win the World Cup for themselves, they are now also intent on doing absolutely everything to help him get the prize. 

It’s an absolutely fascinating World Cup story.
    I think your right. 

I can't see them doing this well again with the players they have without messi 
  • Options
    Hate them both but "come on France"
  • Options
    Come on France. 
  • Options
    Would narrowly prefer France to win it but not too fussed if it's a decent game.

However I've been stuck in the Children's Emergency Department for 4 hours and it seems that the nurse in charge of putting up the big screen here must be on strike, so not sure I'll even get to watch it!
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    SamB09 said:

What a strange post.

worlds best player plays for richest clubs , makes sense to me.

what kind of club do you want to keep? Us?

i don’t think he was born with the ability to play like he does, that's practice and dedication
    Shit - you mean if I practiced and was dedicated my two left feet would have been cured? Bugger me, what a wasted life.

And you said mine was a strange post...   :D