Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

January Transfer Window - Jan 2023 (Deadline Day starts page 112)

Comments

• Options
    I really hope we've got another CB lined up.
  • Options
    What on earth is going on?
  • Options
    Lavelle and Kirk are mates so bet they’re chuffed. Meanwhile you could drive six buses through the gap in our defence 
  • Options
    Should be an interesting squad come Saturday with all these departures..🤔
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Posted this on Takeover Thread but also relevant here I think

What’s happening re the squad looks to me all about short termism. Stop gaps all over the pitch. There’s nothing telling me who we’ve signed is about building for the future. The positive view might be clearing the decks for new owners who can’t get things done for this window but don’t want squad clutter down the line (summer ?) The negative view is we can only afford short term stop gap deals and want permanent high earners gone. You pays your money and you makes your choice.
    All out of contract in the summer so playing for a contract. All played at a better level and I guess they fit the managers demands for attitude, leadership and togetherness.
    Try before you commit and maybe a cleansing of the bad feeling that other managers have complained about.
    So a third take could be the start of a summer rebuild, and for all the moaning, we were always going to need that to actually challenge next season.
  • Options
    Lavelle, EOC, thomas all leaving? Complete joke if true
  • Options
    DDOUBLEE said:
    We are SURELY bringing someone else in
    Yeah... Gwion Edwards
  • Options
    Don't worry lads Billy from the under 12's will do a fine job at CB I'm sure. 
  • Options
    I’d given up on anything happening for us this season. Who knows, a couple of injuries at CB and we could be in for an interesting season finale after all 
  • Options
    Pretty sure Holden went on record saying we will only sell or move on players if replacements are found first..... Erm! 
  • Options
    Bailey said:
    If you lot lose the plot over Lavelle and Thomas going, you need your bumps read. I get the feeling over O'Connell but those two are shit. 
    Nope, I'm losing the plot over the fact we'll have Inniss (liability), Hector (unfit) and Ness as our only CBs
  • Options
    Hopefully gone with Kirk his sleeping partner 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    This is starting to remind me of when Roland questioned the number of players in a squad and how he thought only the bare minimum of those in team were needed
  • Options
    Bailey said:
    If you lot lose the plot over Lavelle and Thomas going, you need your bumps read. I get the feeling over O'Connell but those two are shit. 
    But we need a squad. Currently leaves us with Inniss, Ness and a crocked Hector.
  • Options
    We’re a joke. The home of the washed up pro. 
    We’ll fall further if this takes hold. We looked miles away from Bolton on Sat…we could be even further in under a week. 
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    Bailey said:
    Them two going on their own - fine. But losing EOC too puts the defence down on numbers. Hector surely won’t be match ready for weeks.
  • Options
    Sod us... What the hell have Burton's fans ever done to deserve Lavelle | Kirk | MacGillivray?
    Priceless ! Crack of the day Forever' 
  • Options
    Pretty sure Holden went on record saying we will only sell or move on players if replacements are found first..... Erm! 
    Holden @ 11pm... "Yeah we've sold Lavelle and Thomas without finding a replacement, yet an sure my Granny with a dodgy hip will be able to slot into the defence next to Ness without too much issue"
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    Posted this on Takeover Thread but also relevant here I think

What’s happening re the squad looks to me all about short termism. Stop gaps all over the pitch. There’s nothing telling me who we’ve signed is about building for the future. The positive view might be clearing the decks for new owners who can’t get things done for this window but don’t want squad clutter down the line (summer ?) The negative view is we can only afford short term stop gap deals and want permanent high earners gone. You pays your money and you makes your choice.
    All out of contract in the summer so playing for a contract. All played at a better level and I guess they fit the managers demands for attitude, leadership and togetherness.
    Try before you commit and maybe a cleansing of the bad feeling that other managers have complained about.
    So a third take could be the start of a summer rebuild, and for all the moaning, we were always going to need that to actually challenge next season.
    I’m willing to bet that hardly any of these short term deals are with us next season. 
  • Options
    Perhaps Lavelle and Thomas could both be going but we'll only let one of them move on?
  • Options
    Needed sorting out, as we all agree,  we bought in players who where 2nd division at best,  now going 😀.  Onwards and upwards 👍 
  • Options
    Cédric Soares is all elite!!