Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

January Transfer Window - Jan 2023 (Deadline Day starts page 112)

Comments

• Options
    I once worked with a bloke who was a Coventry City supporter. He vowed he would never go again if they sold Gary McSheffrey. They did & he kept his word. Never went again.

Now I'm not quite in that mould at the moment but certainly thinking about not going much anymore this season & certainly not buying a ST next..........unless in the summer money is spent & we actually BUY players that will improve us & make us stronger.
    Oh - and Gary McSheffery - what a fucking world beater he was !!! Pathetic example of a player leaving a club, and supporter getting the hump

Would be like me dumping Charlton because we sold Colin Pates 
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Why have we let EOC go? You can say what you like about him but he is NOT deadwood
    He is 1st, 2nd or 3rd choice CB in almost all our eyes which one Holden sees him as right now you would say 3rd but even if was 1/2nd when fit as good as he is he isn’t like a dobbo we can’t lose him or we’re fucked type player. Yes you can look at the big picture and worry re ownership and new season. But I see at as Wrexham have approached Charlton and EOC is being offered a better salary knowing potentially he is playing L2 football in 2023 and in an exciting project with a better squad than we could have next season. So I sort of understand it from all sides. sad thing about it is even if was 250k it wouldn’t be used to buy a player now and only help TS break even project.
  • Options
    it's not a good sign, and im not thrilled about it for the same reasons as everyone else - but considering I've been thinking all day that the inevitable and traditional Charlton deadline day gut punch was gonna be Dobson or Leaburn going i'm actually ok if it's just EOC to be honest. 
    Still 2 hours left....
  • Options
    I must be in the minority but I’m really not fussed about EOC going. I’d rather he stayed but he hasn’t.

Saying he’s the best CB we have is fine but even he’s not very good.

I’d be far more disappointed if we sold Ness.
    Give it time....
  • Options
    mart77 said:
    Bailey said:
    I'm assuming that nearly everyone on here would drop Lucas Ness for the next game and would have played O'Connell instead. 
    I think most would have dropped Innis
    Kips said:
    Bailey said:
    I'm assuming that nearly everyone on here would drop Lucas Ness for the next game and would have played O'Connell instead. 
    No but I'd have started EOC in place of Inniss 
    And then we would have been bullied by every team with a bit of strength in the air, as neither Ness nor EO'C are that strong.
  • Options
    Bailey said:
    Do you think it is in any way a good idea to count on starting Ness every game until the end of the season? 
  • Options
    How many players do we have out of contract at the end of this season? Feels like we're gonna need a total rebuild again and I have no faith in Martin/Thomas Sandgaard being able to pull it off successfully 
    They won’t be in charge … 

• Options
    it's not a good sign, and im not thrilled about it for the same reasons as everyone else - but considering I've been thinking all day that the inevitable and traditional Charlton deadline day gut punch was gonna be Dobson or Leaburn going i'm actually ok if it's just EOC to be honest. 
    Still 2 hours left....
    don't you dare !!!!! 
  • Options
    Bailey said:
    mart77 said:
    Bailey said:
    I think most would have dropped Innis
    I think that both those players have bought into Holden's ethos of bodies on the line, yes Innis makes a bad mistake but if it wasn't for Ness, Innis and Maynard Brewer Bolton would have been out of sight by half time. 
    If O’Connell was back fit then he would have started on Saturday for me. He’s our best cb imo and that’s regardless of how good he actually is and how good but raw Ness is. I think we’re far from safe this season and praying we’re safe by early March or we’ll have some serious jitters.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Karlan Grant on loan anyone...? - He's off to Swansea
  • Options
    How many players do we have out of contract at the end of this season? Feels like we're gonna need a total rebuild again and I have no faith in Martin/Thomas Sandgaard being able to pull it off successfully 
    Easier to ask how many we have in contract, and some of them we have loaned out.
  • Options
    Karlan Grant on loan anyone...? - He's off to Swansea
    Why not, always nice to see an old face..
  • Options
    I once worked with a bloke who was a Coventry City supporter. He vowed he would never go again if they sold Gary McSheffrey. They did & he kept his word. Never went again.

Now I'm not quite in that mould at the moment but certainly thinking about not going much anymore this season & certainly not buying a ST next..........unless in the summer money is spent & we actually BUY players that will improve us & make us stronger.
    So as long as someone else pays for you hobby, your all in?  Else your take your bat and ball home? 
  • Options
    So who will be? C’mon to say that you must know.
  • Options
    Bailey said:
    Do you think it is in any way a good idea to count on starting Ness every game until the end of the season? 
    I didn't see O'Connell dislodging him Prague. 
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    So who will be? C’mon to say that you must know.
    C'mon Large, this is Ronnie we are talking about!!🙄
  • Options

If you don’t buy an ST, can you do us all a massive favour and leave CL as well ?

Asking for (lots of) friends….
    Can I start a "where will the misery come from" thread if he does leave? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Lavelle to Burton 
  • Options
    Lavelle going to Burton
  • Options
    I've seen no proof to back up that claim. I'd rumours were to believe then they'd be gone already. I live in the real world and I see us being fucked again in a few months time.
  • Options
    For me O'Connell going has tipped this window from a getting shot of deadwood exercise to rinsing the squad to cut costs. Amazed Leaburn is still here but a few hours to put that right
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    Lavelle to Burton 
    Wtf? If that’s true then this is a total fire sale to save a few quid, 
  • Options
    Lavelle to Burton

So we are gonna have Mitchell as a spare CB or what
  • Options
    Terell Thomas To FGR (source Cawley’s blog). Are we selling the whole defence?
  • Options