Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

January Transfer Window - Jan 2023 (Deadline Day starts page 112)

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2023
    Bailey said:
    If you lot lose the plot over Lavelle and Thomas going, you need your bumps read. I get the feeling over O'Connell but those two are shit. 
    You get the feeling over O'Connell? You might want to go and re-read your posts.
  • Options
    Relax this is just clearing the deadwood out ahead of our trio of billionaires takeover the club. They have so much money they didn't even want to bother with this January transfer window instead we'll blow the league away in the summer 
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    Bailey said:
    If you lot lose the plot over Lavelle and Thomas going, you need your bumps read. I get the feeling over O'Connell but those two are shit. 
    That’s three centre backs leaving in the last few hours of the window, it’s the lack of replacement that people are losing the plot over. 
    Hold yer nerve J Block couple of hours to go, it's happening faster than Golfie's continued threats to leave. 
  • Options
    Valley11 said:
    Looking forward to TS’ quote on EOC transfer to Wrexham, seeing as he loves to comment on every incoming transfer. 

The only satisfactory explanation is player wanted to move back up north 
    Do you know where Wrexham is?
  • Options
    Pretty sure Holden went on record saying we will only sell or move on players if replacements are found first..... Erm! 
    I imagine he's fuming like Garner and Adkins and Bowyer before him.
  • Options

Valley11 said:
    Looking forward to TS’ quote on EOC transfer to Wrexham, seeing as he loves to comment on every incoming transfer. 

I suppose it is North Wales ;)
  • Options
    DDOUBLEE said:
    We are SURELY bringing someone else in
    This is what we said when we only had one left-back!
  • Options
    Valley11 said:

Yep further north than London and nearer his family and Rochdale home. 
  • Options
    Relax this is just clearing the deadwood out ahead of our trio of billionaires takeover the club. They have so much money they didn't even want to bother with this January transfer window instead we'll blow the league away in the summer 
    Charlton Athletic Div 4 champions 2023/24 for the first time in their history 😉
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Valley11 said:

Begins wiv a W so must be a long way away...😉
  • Options
    When does the window slam shut, and will all the players we now need get through it in time?
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Why have we let EOC go? You can say what you like about him but he is NOT deadwood
    No, he’s Deadpool. 
  • Options
    Charlton Athletic Div 4 champions 2023/24 for the first time in their history 😉
    Blind optimism 
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Bailey said:
    You get the feeling over O'Connell? You might want to go and re-read your posts.
    Can't be asked Chunes, they weren't that profound but I understand that people liked him as a player and were not happy that he left is my point. 
  • Options
    Quick, someone check to see if Burton have put a bid in to Roland for the Valley 😯
  • Options
    *arsed 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bailey said:
    I'm assuming that nearly everyone on here would drop Lucas Ness for the next game and would have played O'Connell instead. 

That’s exactly what I would have done. Ness has done great, but made 3 clear mistakes on Saturday that if Inniss had made he would have got pelters. I’d take him out for a game or two to take stock then look to bring him back in. 

I still think Pardew ruined Wagstaff for keeping him in the team when he needed to be dipped in and out. Took a long time for him to get his confidence and original ability back. 

Leaburn has not looked the same in the last month as he did in the opening month of the season. Most Young players will be inconsistent and need managing, not persevering through difficult periods
    It was about 3 games
  • Options
    Who's laughing now
    This REALLY IS the lowest we have sunk to
  • Options
    supaclive said:
    Who's laughing now
    Sorry... Thats all I can do at the times like this... Its a coping mechanism :D
  • Options
    Are we doing BOGOF sales? We have so much dross in this squad that I am not sat here crying, but equally, unless we have a burst of three in, the cluelessness has reached new heights.
  • Options
    Former player Junior Quirtana (not sure on that spelling) he joined Fleetwood and then subsequently been loaned to Altrincham for the rest of the season.
  • Options
    @ForeverAddickted

I shouldn't care as much as I do.
    Not with the bunch of chancers we've endured
    But it's in the blood 
    Charlton 'till I die
  • Options
    Brave to finish the season with Ness, Inniss and Hector as our 3 CB's. One suspension/injury and we're proper fucked.