Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

January Transfer Window - Jan 2023 (Deadline Day starts page 112)

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2023
    redbuttle said:
    Hal1x said:
    Southbank said:
    MuttleyCAFC said:
    Burstow may have improved, he had potential, but based on last season, I hope not. He was far too easy to defend against. It actually looked to me like he was marking the defenders at times. Leaburn battles with them which makes a massive difference. 

I think we pulled Chelsea's pant down with that one. My biggest disapointent, and I said it at the time, was that we loaned him back and didn't try to get an oven ready striker back.
    If there is any substance to this it can only men Leaburn leaving.
    Sadly I think you are right.

What about Stockley perhaps he's 
    leaving.
    ? I don't remember saying any of that apart from agreeing that getting Burstow back means that it's likely we shall sell Leaburn.
  • Options
    They are running scared of our Scottish Pirlo  
  • Options
    Being taking over and then selling one of our better players straight away is a very Charlton esque takeover 
    It’s rubbish 
  • Options
    Leaburn is going nowhere this month. The club can see his potential, so will factor that into his value. Clubs sniffing around for a bargain won't be prepared to pay what we're asking. 

Only an idiot or a greedy owner would sell him cheap...................oh, bugger
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    Someone’s trying to get in Frazer’s head prior to the game on Saturday old school psychology 😏.
    That's what I thought. Maybe the south London press should print a story about us trying to sign their forward
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    RedChaser said:
    Someone’s trying to get in Frazer’s head prior to the game on Saturday old school psychology 😏.
    That's what I thought. Maybe the south London press should print a story about us trying to sign their forward
    Depends on the sort of character he is. But if it was true (it’s definitely not) I feel if anything it would make him want to play better, so he could negotiate higher wages.

’look how good I was in that game’ etc 
  • Options
    Frazer will be a pain in the arse for them come 5pm Saturday no worries...✅
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    RedChaser said:
    get in his head? for a move to the mighty Peterborough?
    Who are one place and two points outside the play offs 😉.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    RedChaser said:
    Wot, like Barnsley,, ;)
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    Signing Burstow on loan would be a bad move if u ask me - didn’t rate him first time round tbh although accepted he will probably improve but no no no 
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    RedChaser said:
    Wot, like Barnsley,, ;)
    Ha, let’s hope we can do a ‘Barnsley’ who are two points ahead with a game in hand on the Posh and two in hand on us 😉.
  • Options
    I’ll be pleased and surprised if there are any more incomings this month, I think the 2 we got were hangovers they couldn’t get over the line in the last window, I think they’ll be a few more outgoing, providing they’ll stump up the wages.
    Scott not bringing in much atm, hopefully that will change and go some way to justifying his appointment.
    I wonder what he's getting paid?  5k a week plus I imagine.
  • Options
    I’ll be pleased and surprised if there are any more incomings this month, I think the 2 we got were hangovers they couldn’t get over the line in the last window, I think they’ll be a few more outgoing, providing they’ll stump up the wages.
    Scott not bringing in much atm, hopefully that will change and go some way to justifying his appointment.
    £5K a week?
    Bloody hope not. 
  • Options
    If January ends without us signing at least a left back, I shall be mightily disappointed. Combined with the absence of positive takeover info it all feels a bit rubbish at the moment :-(
  • Options
    Maybe he’s on annual leave.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    With Todd Kane supposedly out for 6 weeks, do we cut the loan short and bring someone else in? 
  • Options
    With Todd Kane supposedly out for 6 weeks, do we cut the loan short and bring someone else in? 
    Where did you here that ?

• Options
    Where did you here that ?

• Options
    If that's true... I'm speechless.
  • Options
    Either way, we are cursed and plagued by injuries! 
  • Options
    Being taking over and then selling one of our better players straight away is a very Charlton esque takeover 
    It’s rubbish 
    Get on with your homework.
  • Options
    £5K a week?
    Bloody hope not. 
    I would take an educated guess that the initial 6 weeks is worth much more than that.

He isn't here to get players in, although he might through out a suggestion or an opinion.

He is here to value what we have and put a price on what we need. 
  • Options
    As for Todd Kane you couldn't make it up. I suppose you can cancel the loan as it would allow a replacement loan as 6 weeks with us is more like 8 weeks out. Its a shame as he looked very confident. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    £5K a week?
    Bloody hope not. 
    I would take an educated guess that the initial 6 weeks is worth much more than that.

He isn't here to get players in, although he might through out a suggestion or an opinion.

He is here to value what we have and put a price on what we need. 
    What is he doing the other 41 days?