Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

January Transfer Window - Jan 2023 (Deadline Day starts page 112)

Comments

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    I’ll be pleased and surprised if there are any more incomings this month, I think the 2 we got were hangovers they couldn’t get over the line in the last window, I think they’ll be a few more outgoing, providing they’ll stump up the wages.
    Scott not bringing in much atm, hopefully that will change and go some way to justifying his appointment.
    I wonder what he's getting paid?  5k a week plus I imagine.
    £5K a week?
    Bloody hope not. 
    I would take an educated guess that the initial 6 weeks is worth much more than that.

He isn't here to get players in, although he might through out a suggestion or an opinion.

He is here to value what we have and put a price on what we need. 
    What is he doing the other 41 days? 
    Depends who he has to convince.

If we take the summer valuations of Clare at £2 million and Gilbey at 500k he has got his work cut out! 
  • Options
    What happens here? Can we cancel the loan? Pointless him being with us if true. 
    Have to cancel it and get someone else in you’d think.
  • Options
    What happens here? Can we cancel the loan? Pointless him being with us if true. 
    Have to cancel it and get someone else in you’d think.
    Could even just get someone else in you can have loads of loans, as long as you only have 5 in the match day squad.  I doubt we will fill our squad limit anyway.
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    RE:- sending Kane back.

I could be wrong, but I thought loans could not be terminated until 28 days of the registration has lapsed unless;
    a) it was agreed by both parties, by way of a recall clause 
    b) the league may grant it, if agreed by both clubs if the player cannot fulfil the rest of the term due to injury (May/June).
  • Options
    With Todd Kane supposedly out for 6 weeks, do we cut the loan short and bring someone else in? 
    Where did you here that ?

No idea if this is true but Holdens high tide is fast approaching . Let's sea :-) if he can bob on the surface?
    Hope so.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    Someone’s trying to get in Frazer’s head prior to the game on Saturday old school psychology 😏.
    That's what I thought. Maybe the south London press should print a story about us trying to sign their forward
    Charlton Athletic are one of a number of clubs eyeing unsettled Peterborough striker Jonson Clare-Harris who is thought to be keen to move on in the January window. Said a source close to Clarke-Harris,

"Jonson has given great service to Peterborough, but feels that he needs to move on for the sake of his career. Charlton are a bigger club than Peterborough, one which can take his game to the next level. He's been really impressed with the turnaround under Dean Holden, and the likelihood of further investment in the team under the new American owners."

It is thought that Charlie Kirk will be offered as part of the transfer bid.
    I thought the kids holidays were next month, unless they’ve broken up early?
  • Options
    _nam11 said:

I could be wrong, but I thought loans could not be terminated until 28 days of the registration has lapsed unless;
    b) the league may grant it, if agreed by both clubs if the player cannot fulfil the rest of the term due to injury (May/June).
    Yes
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Shame we weren’t in for Barry Cotter - young full back previously at Ipswich. Barnsley have just signed him from Shamrock Rovers. 
  • Options
    Shame we weren’t in for Barry Cotter - young full back previously at Ipswich. Barnsley have just signed him from Shamrock Rovers. 
    Is he a right back? I thought Barnsley’s left back was quite useful. 
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Yes I think so. We’re short there too!!
  • Options
    We should get BP back. He hasn't played for Ross County since mid October and they haven't won since early Novemeber before their winter break. They won't even notice if we do it quietly.

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/sport/football/ross-county/5102296/ben-purrington-not-expected-to-be-fit-in-time-for-ross-countys-return-to-action/
  • Options
    He’s injured isn’t he?
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    JamesSeed said:
    Yes I think so. We’re short there too!!
    Crazy isn’t it. Our luck…

Didnt Egbo tell a fan he was hoping to be back in February though?
  • Options
    We get who we get.
    we aren’t good enough to go up and we are pretty much safe with our mediocre squad.
    We don’t need anyone else if we keep what we’ve got.
    Those injured will come back.
    Season is done in my book.
    I don’t know why people are clamouring for signings.
    it’s too late for a charge to the playoffs.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:
    Swisdom said:
    I know of a left back we have been monitoring - a proper left back.

I've always said a decent Left Back is so hard to find.  Firstly there are relatively few left footed players and secondly it's hard to find a player who loves to defend as a priority.  Finding a good one is really difficult.  Powell, Minto, Wiggins to name a few but they were proper left-backs.  Throw in the fact nowadays they need to be able to attack as well and it's become a difficult role to fill.
    That's why I loved Wiggins.  He was quick, had a trick or two up his sleeve and he seemed to refuse to let a cross into the box.  Such a shame he got so many niggles

We have been looking for a left back since summer but don't appear to have found the right one just yet - but the club have been looking.  It doesn't help that you look for a player to fulfil a role and then the club changes manager and therefore what they are looking for.  I hope we get one over the lin e soon though as I firmly believe we are still in the playoff race if we can put a bit more of a run together
    It's why I was in favor of keeping Purrington as back up. You can do better, and we have with Sess, but you can also do worse. Clare and Richard Chin starting there are worse than Purrington. As a second choice LB in League One, he's perfectly fine. And he can play on the left of a three as well. It's exactly the kind of player I was hoping we'd sign in the summer.

I know there were contract negotiations, so it might just be that they couldn't come to an agreement. But trying to sign two LBs, and three FBs total, in the summer was always going to be a gamble, and we lost. 
    Funny you say that because he's also been out for 3 months with an ankle injury 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Chunes said:
    SDAddick said:
    Swisdom said:
    I know of a left back we have been monitoring - a proper left back.

I've always said a decent Left Back is so hard to find.  Firstly there are relatively few left footed players and secondly it's hard to find a player who loves to defend as a priority.  Finding a good one is really difficult.  Powell, Minto, Wiggins to name a few but they were proper left-backs.  Throw in the fact nowadays they need to be able to attack as well and it's become a difficult role to fill.
    That's why I loved Wiggins.  He was quick, had a trick or two up his sleeve and he seemed to refuse to let a cross into the box.  Such a shame he got so many niggles

We have been looking for a left back since summer but don't appear to have found the right one just yet - but the club have been looking.  It doesn't help that you look for a player to fulfil a role and then the club changes manager and therefore what they are looking for.  I hope we get one over the lin e soon though as I firmly believe we are still in the playoff race if we can put a bit more of a run together
    It's why I was in favor of keeping Purrington as back up. You can do better, and we have with Sess, but you can also do worse. Clare and Richard Chin starting there are worse than Purrington. As a second choice LB in League One, he's perfectly fine. And he can play on the left of a three as well. It's exactly the kind of player I was hoping we'd sign in the summer.

I know there were contract negotiations, so it might just be that they couldn't come to an agreement. But trying to sign two LBs, and three FBs total, in the summer was always going to be a gamble, and we lost. 
    Funny you say that because he's also been out for 3 months with an ankle injury 
    Come home Ben, it's clear you're one of us. 
  • Options
    Declan John seems to be out of favour at Bolton. He would be good.
  • Options
    _nam11 said:

That’s right .. you just can’t send him
    back .. only for treatment .  
  • Options
    _nam11 said:

How did we get AMB back?  
  • Options
    Being taking over and then selling one of our better players straight away is a very Charlton esque takeover 
    It’s rubbish 
    Being taking over and then selling one of our better players straight away is a very Charlton esque takeover 
    It’s rubbish 
    So are you.
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    Posting this, purely because his name has been mentioned on this thread literally a handful of times.

What a load of Pollocks

• Options
    Posting this, purely because his name has been mentioned on this thread literally a handful of times.

What a load of Pollocks

God he looks like his dad, poor sod.
  • Options
    Can he score own goals like his dad though?
  • Options
    It would seem a left back is still a priority. At this moment, the other positions are ok.
  • Options
    edited January 2023

What a load of Pollocks

Are Exeter paying the loan fee upfront or is it COD, cash on delivery?