Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Charlton Athletic vs Bristol Rovers | Saturday 17th December 2022

edited December 2022 in General Charlton
Match is on following a "precautionary" pitch inspection at 12:30. Team news imminently.

Comments

• Options

• Options
    Glad that MacGillivray has been completely dropped, at least I hope its for that reason and no other

Great to see Leaburn back on the bench today

Guess (to complete the three "G's") we're lining up 4-3-3, interesting having both Payne and Fraser
  • Options
    Glad that MacGillivray has been completely dropped, at least I hope its for that reason and no other

Great to see Leaburn back on the bench today

Guess (to complete the three "G's") we're lining up 4-3-3, interesting having both Payne and Fraser
    MacStopAtHome been ill all week.
  • Options
    Not that I'm bothered but what has happened to McGrandles these days? MacG dropped or injured? No DJ either. Good to see Miles back.
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    Return to the Valley this afternoon for Scott Sinclair.

Notice that Collins (top scorer with eleven goals, most assists with seven) has been declared fit - Antony Evans is another one to watch for Bristol Rovers, they did damned well to keep him in the summer
  • Options
    Not that I'm bothered but what has happened to McGrandles these days? MacG dropped or injured? No DJ either. Good to see Miles back.
    McGrandles is injured... Macca is unwell
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Mad run from the Northern line to catch the half hourly train at London Bridge. I wouldn't want to miss a minute of the 1-0 defeat (Lavelle og 90 + 5)
  • Options
    Why Lavelle instead of Mitchell is a mystery only Hayes can know the answer to.
  • Options
    Read that team and have a heavy realisation that despite it being pretty close to a full strength team for us (first XI at least) I have virtually no affinity with them or think "that's a side that will do well in this division"
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    MacG injured, no Idea about DJ
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    Nice to see Gary Nelson joining the dynamic duo in the studio, should be a good show..nice Christmas waistcoat Gary.. ;)
  • Options
    Think we don’t lose 
    justice for the hardcore 
  • Options
    Nelson in the studio, Stockley to score and Charlton to win.
  • Options
    aliwibble said:

Spot the deliberate mistake on the website version of the team news... :)

Charlton: Maynard-Brewer; Clare, Lavelle, Inniss, Sessegnon; Dobson, Fraser, Payne; Rak-Sakyi, Stockley, Blackett-Taylor

Substitutes: Harness, Chin, Mitchell, Morgan, Kirk, Leaburn, Stockley

Like the song, "New York, New York (So Good They Named It Twice)",  Stockley ..... so good they named him twice.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Decent midfield & front line. Should score some goals but might also let them run through us & score some themselves.

3-2. 
  • Options
    Pitch looks ok, £5.80 for a Meantime Anytime IPA in the Fans Bar which in relative terms is reasonable value 
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    Hayes talks a good game in the pre match interview, let's hope it transfers onto the pitch, God knows we need to up the tempo on previous games, no reason why we can't get the three points we desperately need.. playing a 4-3-3...
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    aliwibble said:

Spot the deliberate mistake on the website version of the team news... :)

Charlton: Maynard-Brewer; Clare, Lavelle, Inniss, Sessegnon; Dobson, Fraser, Payne; Rak-Sakyi, Stockley, Blackett-Taylor

Substitutes: Harness, Chin, Mitchell, Morgan, Kirk, Leaburn, Stockley

Like the song, "New York, New York (So Good They Named It Twice)",  Stockley ..... so good they named him twice.

If Stockley gets injured in the first half, it'll be too early for Chuks, so we'll bring Stockley on to replace Stockley 
  • Options
    Will be interesting to see how Payne does from the start. I generally think he’s decent off the bench, not sure if he’ll be as impactful from the start. Leaburn being on the bench feels rushed.

Think I’d probably pick Mitchell over Lavelle at CB at the moment. 
  • Options
    @seth plum

Your number one fan, Mr Alan Curbishley, has just said that today's match is a "must win game". 

You've been vindicated! :smile:

• Options
    Decent midfield & front line. Should score some goals but might also let them run through us & score some themselves.

3-2. 
    And if you're right, Golfie ...... no doubt Charlton will have to do a 'Golfie' to do so! :smile:

• Options

Coutts is a banker to score today 
    He was on our wanted list many moons ago. Has done well to recover from serious injury. 
  • Options
    Come on Scotty, tell us who the new owners are...we can keep a secret... ;)
  • Options
    Well I'm here. I have no idea why I'm here. Especially 20 minutes early. Snuck a KitKat into the ground at least, small W
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!