Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Match Thread: Charlton Athletic vs Bristol Rovers | Saturday 17th December 2022

Comments

• Long way to go yet though, but if thats the sort of performance we can expect on a regular basis under Hayes / Pearce then I wont be complaining about something more permanent... One of the few I think who wasnt disappointed when they got given the role on a caretaker basis.
    Let's not get carried away eh? Been one half against an average Rovers side.
  • Good first half where I counted we had ten decent chances, plus the goal. Some poor finishing, desperate blocks and good goalkeeping. We must keep up the intensity and we'll get the three points. All having above average games so far and willing to get their shorts dirty. Be good to extend the lead then get Chuks and Miles on to make hay. 

Oh, and Barton is getting pelters from some interlopers to the west lower, but I expect them to be chucked out soon...
  • edited December 2022
    Long way to go yet though, but if thats the sort of performance we can expect on a regular basis under Hayes / Pearce then I wont be complaining about something more permanent... One of the few I think who wasnt disappointed when they got given the role on a caretaker basis.
    Let's not get carried away eh? Been one half against an average Rovers side.
    I did start with "Long way to go yet..."

Was more a statement, of: "If thats how we play over the rest of the season under Hayes"

Its also an "average" Bristol Rovers side who have one defeat since September
  • Good first half, but looking oh so familiar with the missed chances…
  • Very decent 30 minutes from us initially, but we have seen that and longer this season so hoping we can come out this half on the front foot again.

Midfield feels a lot more balanced, and fortunately Lavelle has not had much to do which is to our benefit. 

• Think we've always looked a decent side when the opposition have opted not to press us.

God knows why Joey Barton isn't. Press us high and we fall apart mate. 
  • edited December 2022
    Cmon lads... Lets not ruin the first half effort now!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Stockley making Lavelle look quick in the warm up for this half.
  • Rovers sub: Hoole on for Connolly.
  • Dobbo kicks off second half.
  • Oggy Red said:
    Get Nelson in as a permanent fixture, could listen to him and his insight all afternoon
    He could have a column.

He's certainly got an eye for the game, Brownies not a patch on him and he is armless.

(Lets get em all out the way)

• Half-time change for Rovers...
    off Connolly
    on Hoole
  • Payne dragged down abot 10 yards outside our area so we have a free kick.

• 46' A second booking for Rovers... Coutts prevents an Addicks counter-attack by hauling down Payne.
  • Fraser with an air strike 
  • Great break and cross from CBT, can understand why Fraser went for the ball, but he's air kicked it, and got in the way of Stockley who was equally waiting to have a swing at the ball
  • Ooh, Clare down the right to CBT, Fraser can't quite make contact with the cross. Now JRS down the left wins us a corner.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited December 2022
    Excellent move saw 3 passes from left to right and a quick shot attempt (missed shot) The sort of forward passing attacking football we've been lacking.

We get a corner. Nothing from it. 
  • Fraser's corner goes to Innis, heads across but slightly high and wide.
  • Ryan Innis is 6'6 for anyone listening to commentary 
  • Oggy Red said:
    Get Nelson in as a permanent fixture, could listen to him and his insight all afternoon
    He could have a column.

He's certainly got an eye for the game, Brownies not a patch on him and he is armless.

(Lets get em all out the way)
    He's got plans for 'The Victory' ....?

• Question for those not at work are we tippy tapping as much or are we mixing up the play more?
  • Fair play to the Rovers support, looks a good turnout in these testing times
  • Game has gone a bit flat at the moment
  • Nice bit of passing play from us but Payne ends up being offside.
    1. 51'

Post update

Offside, Charlton Athletic. Sean Clare tries a through ball, but Jack Payne is caught offside.

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!