Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jake Forster-Caskey - another ACL injury (p6)

Comments

• Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Are people still going on about JFC.. He isn't good enough, it has been proven the times he has played this year.. Little impact, and lost the little pace he did have. 

He is a good guy, and clearly been good around the place, time to move on and let him go and play in league 2. 
    Frankly there are three quarters of the squad that aren’t good enough to get us out of league one. Tinkering with it this January will hopefully see off relegation but we really do need to hope that there is a change of ownership and that comes with both money and ambition. In my humble opinion this summer needs a turnover of players at around the 16 mark with around 9 being shoe in first teamers. I doubt we’ll get anywhere near close to that and HMS Piss The League is not even out of the drawing board stage. 
  • Options
    There is very little difference between the majority of L1 and L2 players. Our games against Stockport County and Stevenage showed up our shortcomings.
  • Options
    Signed for Stevenage 
  • Options
    Probably the right move for him and us. He's obviously not been given a chance but doubt he would have made a huge impact and hopefully we can bring another one in. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Signed for Stevenage 
    Permanent or loan ?
  • Options
    if he regains a bit more match fitness and form after his injuries, which is still possible, he could again be a championship player. Shame we couldn't get that out of him here because it's what we were hoping for. Shite player management again. 
  • Options
    Didn't take long to get him out the door

Good luck to him but not able to dictate a game for us any more
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Signed for Stevenage 
    Permanent or loan ?
    Not sure but it doesn't really matter as he is OOC in the summer anyway.  Suspect it's either a loan with us paying a % or us paying him off and a short term contract there.  
  • Options
    A bit sad to see a long serving player go, but the right decision for both parties really. 
  • Options
    Jake needs a fresh start and good luck to him. We need another mobile midfielder to back up Dobson and Fraser.  
  • Options
    Jake needs a fresh start and good luck to him. We need another mobile midfielder to back up Dobson and Fraser.  
    When Jackson took us from 22nd to 13th he used Gilbey for that...
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    Personally, I’d have liked to see him used a bit more in the league a bit earlier as I believe he still has something to offer and probably needed a run of games to get back to match sharpness after all the time out. That being said, he hasn’t particularly shone in his cup appearances suggesting this last injury has taken a heavier toll than previous ones.

As always, if we sign someone better with the money saved then it’ll be a good move. Our track record of using departures of long serving players to improve the team, however, is not good recently so I won’t hold my breath just yet. 

Either way, I hope this works out for Jake. He’s had his injury problems but has always been an trier and has had some moments of real quality in his time with us too. I certainly don’t think he’s been treated well by the club this season and deserved a bit better. Good luck Jake. 
  • Options
    Nothing on the OS yet though.
  • Options
    edited January 2023
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Interesting. The group of 4 have said that no players would be released before the new ones were brought in. 

Good luck to Jake. I hope his game comes back playing regularly for Stevenage.
  • Options
    Good luck to him 👍🏻
  • Options
    Interesting. The group of 4 have said that no players would be released before the new ones were brought in. 

Good luck to Jake. I hope his game comes back playing regularly for Stevenage.
    Straight squad swap with Gilbey, I imagine 
  • Options
    A class act and much better than Morgan and mcgrandles plus several others. A real shame but I think his contract or fitness or both have done for him. Wish him the very best though and hope he avoids injury 😟
  • Options
    Start of the Texan cost cutting I guess. 
  • Options
    I always thought he was going due to the fact he didn’t get played  that much.

Will he be replaced, or is this a cost cutting measure like Washington & Purrington?